Sneeze Fetish Forum

Dydd Dewi Sant Hapus!

count tiszula

Mae'r hen wlad fyn nhadau yn annwyl i fi.

Gwlad beirdd y chantorion, enwogion o fri.....

And Cymru am byth, as long as they don't start on this independence lark. And they could stop being racists and hating the English, too.....

Welsh ;) They use a lot of y's and w's, and not many vowels. Gaelic's kind of the opposite... they like to use too many vowels (and letters in general).

Y'know, you're all descended from the same bunch of folks anyway...

I suspected it was Welsh. Never heard that spoken, though. I've heard gaelic spoken. Beautiful language. I bet you can make anything sound pretty in either of those. ;)

Hm, yeah, you're probably right that we're descended from the same folks. Although... I'm part Viking and part Belgian, when you start digging into it, but that has absolutely nothing to do with anything so I should just shut up now. :lol:

I've always found the English phonetic version hilarious:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=My%20Hen%20Laid%20A%20Haddock

Particularly the last line, "O butter the hens as they fly!". For me it conjures up a mental image of an old lady in the kitchen holding a stick of butter out the window and slapping a flock of hens with it one by one as they fly by. Plus, what kind of magnifying glass and tiny brush--or narrow tube on a can of lubricant--would you need to oil a flea? I cracked up for like 20 minutes the first time I saw those lyrics.

And they could stop being racists and hating the English, too.....

Now if only the English could stop being so patronising..... :bleh:

I like the Haddock song,

*Throws a daffodil*

Rydyn ni i gyd yn falch o Gymru a Chymreictod! Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus i bawb! Gobeithio bod pawb wedi mwynhau Mawrth y cyntaf!! xx

The Haddock song is just brilliant; I literally lolled. Is the butter word Byddwch? Because obviously I've always read that as buttock....

English rugger buggers used to sing a version of what I assume was the official English translation, but I only ever understood the beginning of the chorus, viz...

Whales, whales , bloody great thi-iings are whales!

They swim in the sea, they....

It's probably all on the net somewhere.

Patronising, eh? Surely the fashionable word for anyone who is interested in another culture is "condescending"; and offensive of course. I say another culture, but much of my family lived for centuries in the depths of Devon [near Baskerville] and as they had a surname which was half Welsh, that must make me UNcondescending.

Naturally I can't actually speak Welsh, so to g123 I can only remark Pob Sais i'r iffern! Rydyng ngharu byd yng Nghastell Nedd.

Archived