Sneeze Fetish Forum

Voice control exercises

Chanel_no5

I know there are lots of actors, singers and other "public speakers" on here, so I figured I'd ask about this. Do you know of any good voice control exercises that you can suggest to someone who wants to talk but whose voice just fails her? :shy:

Preferably to deepen your voice, but anything goes. It can't be too advanced because really, I don't plan on becoming a voice actor or anything, but I would like to be more in control of my voice and I would like to be able to keep it low and steady instead of going into the high and wobbly register when I argue with people, because hoooo man, I am so heading for verbal battles in the near future....

And as I've stated so many times IRL; the one who first starts shouting, is the one to lose the argument.

Pitch your voice low. This is, uhm... I'm not sure how to express this better, but it's talking from the very bottom of your throat, as it were. Also try to speak a little under your normal speed, and a little over your normal volume. If you try that a few times, out loud in the privacy of your own room, it will sound totally weird at first, but that's only the first dozen times or so. :winkkiss: No, but seriously, all changes you deliberately make to your everyday voice are going to sound rucking fidiculous. This is why you need to practice a lot. Experiment with pitch, speed and volume to find out what works best for you, and practice woman practice. :hug:

It doesn't sound very helpful, does it? But it's all I can come up with. Although I do think that voice exercise is very often just trying shit out just to find out everything that your voice can do, which is a LOT.

Oh yeah, I talk loud to myself and to my cats all the time, so it's nothing strange for me to talk out loud when I'm on my own. I've actually found a very low pitch in my voice that apparently has a very calming influence on animals, but it's difficult for me to keep it that deep for very long at a time. Sometimes I think the trick is to remember to use it even if you're stressed, because that's when I start losing it. And I definitely agree on speaking slower... and with that comes another advantage, I have noticed; you actually have the time to think before you say something you might regret. :lol: So, I'm doing these things for fun, trying it on and out when I'm alone (then of course, I forget using it when I need it, but that's a different story). I was thinking mainly about, oh I don't know, verses to repeat in different ways, or humming, or, you know, nonsense sentences.. it comes to mind that scene in the Killing Mrs Tingle movie where the acting girl goes around saying "rubber bubber baby bumpers" or whatever it was. :lol:

Anyway, thanks! :D

Listening to Alan Rickman reading things and repeating them works for me usually. If that's the sort of thing you were looking for. :blushing:

Otherwise, I can't really add much to what Maru has posted. :)

Oh, that! :lol: I see now... Let's see.

Problem: of course I don't know any in your language, so that's not much good. I know a few in Dutch, but that would be even more than less than unhelpful (just for fun though: "de kat krabt de krullen van de trap". The kicker: you pronounce EVERY DAMN CONSONANT and the b in "krabt" sounds like a p).

She sells sea shells by the sea shore?

English works just fine, I'll be using English for some of my, er, discussions anyway. But any "toungue-twister" would help, then? Great! biggrin.png

ETA: Oh, someone please smack me! The easiest way in the world would of course be reading books aloud!! :wallbash: So easy I didn't even think about it!

Archived