Sneeze Fetish Forum

Account Limited and no connection?

Heavy-Chevy

I just experienced this little problem for the first time and I was wondering if anyone knows what this is about. I was just browsing the forum, not in chat or doing anything else when suddenly I get this error message.

Account Limited

This account has exceeded predefined resource usage limits and has been temporarily limited to ensure shared hosting stability. Please contact IPS support for further information.

After getting this message, I was unable to access the forum for about an hour or so. This has never happened before before and I'm just curious if anyone can tell me what this means and why it happened?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to start my own topic about this! I've been getting this several times over the last two or three days. Here's a screenshot of the error message if it helps:

oig01t.jpg

Generally I can access the forum after about 10-15 minutes.

The first time I saw it I thought "oh my goodness, I've been using the forum so much I've been suspended" for a few seconds...xD

I also got this message last night (for the first time) and couldn't access the forum for a short period

I'm pretty sure this error is referring to the forum's account, rather than anyone's individual account on the forum.

Since the upgrade, the way the hosts limit server capacity has changed from a simple bandwidth limit per month (75000MB in case anyone is interested) to a monitoring of the average number of 'active users' on the site over a rolling two-day period. Where an 'active user' is defined as anyone who is currently browsing the site and for 10 minutes after they cease doing so. This includes all ranks of member and guests.

It maybe we just had a period of abnormally high usage and that is currently skewing the average, so we need to wait a couple of days for it to work through and the errors should stop. Alternatively, if it's a more long term trend then we may need to consider other options. So, if you see this error, please post here about it and for the next couple of days we'll see how things go :)

It came up for me this morning. Not sure how long it lasted, I wasn't really paying attention.

I've gotten this message a few times, the first being there for the rest of the day. Maybe I'm here too much, but it's good to hear it wasn't my laptop.

Yep, I got it too, today. Didn't last for more than, oh I don't know, ten minutes maybe?

Oh good, it wasn't just me then!! lol... I was going to ask about this too, because I figured it was forum-wide since it didn't matter whether I was logged in or not or using my computer or iPod. I've gotten this message... four?..five? times in the past couple days. It blocks me anywhere from a few hours to overnight. (Which, in my opinion, rather sucks. <.<) I've cut back a LOT on how many times I check this site, because I don't want to be blocked when I actually have stuff to post... *sigh*

I went into a panic first time I saw this, I thought I had broken a rule so seriously that I got banned from even visiting the site *lordy* lol

Nah, it's happening to me too. Something Awful? Or just a disgruntled ex-member?

This has only happened to me once, and I don't know how long it was, since I assumed it was a site thing that might be showing up for everyone and didn't try to log back on that day. It seems to be happening rather frequently, reading this thread, so I hope whatever is causing it is fixed soon!

Happened to me just now. Well, I mean, obviously not JUST now because I'm here, but you get the point. Glad to know it's referring to the forum server account and there's not some issue with my personal account! I was a littler concerned for a bit there.

This just happened to me (maybe half an hour ago?).

I got the same message for the first time last night...thankfully having already seen this thread, I was aware of what it was, so didn't panic, but it was annoying....first time I'd had a chance to get near the forum for most of the day, and it wouldn't let me in mad.gif

Yes, happened to me twice today. Once when I tried to leave chat and sign out. Then I tried to post here and it happened.

Okay so it happens to me basically every other time I try to get on here X( Today, I was in the middle of posting something and when I pressed "add reply" it did it to me... EVIL INTERWEBS!!!!!! >.< *sigh*... I suppose I shouldn't complain though. The very first time it happened (several days ago) I was afraid the forum had been killed. :S

Okay, since this issue doesn't seem to be going away I've made contact with the hosts and will let you know what response I get. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this is undoubtedly causing and thank you for your patience while we try to get it resolved.

I got this message last night. I thought the bandwidth had just been exceeded considering it was the end of March.

If it helps, it's working now, and there's currently 14 members, 25 guests, 2 anonymous users here.

Ugh, I got this so many times over the past two days. And then it came back for five minutes so I tried to post about it here and then suddenly it was gone again. Grrrrr...

LOL, my first reaction was the same as TheTastyGuy's. No more forum ever? :cry:

I got it again earlier this evening, grrr! Thanks HoL, just to let you know I appreciate your efforts here, as I'm sure we all do...you're a star! xx

Archived