Sneeze Fetish Forum

Account Limited and no connection?

Heavy-Chevy

it may take a day or two for the request to filter through but after that we should be okay.

^^ patience people lol

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should now be fixed, took a couple of days for me to figure out what was causing it this time as the spike unfortunately coincided precisely with me reactivating a few small additional features that I had deactivated last time we had this problem. However when I deactivated them again the problem got no better, and it turns out the source of the problem is our good friend Google. Googlebot is a bot which trawls websites for content to build Google's search results, and you can limit the rate at which it does this but it needs to be reset every 90 days. The last time I set the rate was the 24th May and well...you can do the maths from there blushing.gif Anyway, it may take a day or two for the request to filter through but after that we should be okay.

I'll set a reminder for 24th November in my phone now... smile.png

So Google is the culprit eh? Eventually, everything will be assimilated into Google... it's pretty much the predecessor to sky-net. yes.gif

I don't really wanna be a downer on the resolved matter, but I've got it about 5 times today alone x.x Probably just me, right?

I still experience the problem, I had to deal with it twice this morning.

*cough*points downV*cough*

it may take a day or two for the request to filter through but after that we should be okay.

;)

Heads up. I just encountered the screen again.

It only lasted a few minutes before I was able to access the site.

Figure you would like to know.

Thanks for the heads-up megacycle :). Seems we had an unwelcome visitor using up an awful lot of our resources in a short space of time, hence the limit being hit. Shouldn't cause any further trouble but it is a fairly regular occurrence, so please keep letting me know if it happens and I'll keep slapping them with IP bans :)

Also by the same token, if you suddenly find you can't access the forum for no obvious reason, please let me know as it may be your IP has been banned by mistake!

Okay, I might be dumb as a doorknob here, but... what does that mean? Is it a computer going on a rampage feeding off resources on its own, or is it if you're just visiting the forum uh, obsessively, throughout the day? :lol: Because God knows I'm online more often than not. :shy:

Not dumb as a doorknob at all, Chanel :) Quite often I don't even know exactly what I'm dealing with, because all I can see in the logs is thousands and thousands of lines with an IP address, the file requested from the server and the time it did so.

I can check whether the IP matches with a member here and so far none of them have and this isn't the sort of usage you can run up simply by being on the forum a lot either, so don't worry about that :) I think most of them are so-called 'bad bots', which are simply bots that ignore the rules laid down for them on the forum and go around requesting lots of files and using a lot of resources. They tend to be a short-lived annoyance generally, but nothing more than that.

Ah, then I understand. Thank you. :)

Good to know it's not my forumy over-indulgence that causes the annoyance. :lol:

Also by the same token, if you suddenly find you can't access the forum for no obvious reason, please let me know as it may be your IP has been banned by mistake!

Hypothetically, if our IP was banned by mistake and we couldn't access the forum, how would we contact the staff? Is there an email address?

That is a good question. We would be unable to contact any staff member if we are banned from the site.

Unless there is another way to contact the staff that I don't know about.

There is an e-mail address, it is actually given in both the constitution and the "read before posting"-section and if I'm not mistaken also in the Announcements section.

The administrators can be contacted via staff@"domainname of the forum". To avoid great spammage, the address is never explicitly typed out.

I feel like a complete idiot... I can't believe I forgot about that...

Sorry for asking such a stupid question.

There is an e-mail address, it is actually given in both the constitution and the "read before posting"-section and if I'm not mistaken also in the Announcements section.

The administrators can be contacted via staff@"domainname of the forum". To avoid great spammage, the address is never explicitly typed out.

Okay, thanks! :)

Don't worry, it's not a stupid question. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. As PM's etc are much more commonly used, my guess is that most members have forgotten about its existence. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI, this happened to me again last night. Maybe just a fluke!

This is happened to me again, too. Last night around 11:30.

• 5 weeks later...

Happened again to me just now. Since no one else has mentioned it, and I'm accessing pages perfectly fine now, it was probably a one-off sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a couple over the past few weeks.....sorry if anyone got booted cuz I was reading too much Johnlock hahahaha :lol1:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived