Sneeze Fetish Forum

Account Limited and no connection?

Heavy-Chevy

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened to me twice today - but literally once I left the site for three minutes or so it started working again.

It's happened to me a few more times but I've been able to get around it by accessing the forum through links from google or Bondi's wav page. For some reason that seems to circumvent the issue.

It's happened to me a few more times but I've been able to get around it by accessing the forum through links from google or Bondi's wav page. For some reason that seems to circumvent the issue.

I tried that but I still got that stupid message. Happened to me today and I couldn't get in for an hour again.

High On Lullabies is still in communication with the hosts to find out what's going on. We'll update you all as soon as we have more information.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI, this has been happening to me frequently over the past few days.

Three times today. Site getting too popular, or are the hosts asleep at the switch? Well, well, the internet is an imperfect place.

I have, on two occasions, lost a long PM I had written. Has there been any feedback from the hosts HoL?

It's happened to me almost every time I've been here over the past few days.

Apologies again that this error seems to have resurfaced in the last few days. Indeed having looked at the stats on it we managed to hit the limit which triggers the error on 33 out of 36 hours between the 22nd and 24th May for no reason at all that I could see.

Anyway, as I said I have reviewed the recent logs and have been in touch with the hosts again and a number of further steps have been taken that should hopefully knock it on the head.

Namely:

- Blocking a certain IP from the server which was showing extremely high levels of activity.

- Denying access to the server to a number of other IP's known to be bots.

- Slowing Google's 'crawling' rate on the forum to the minimum possible.

As I said these actions will hopefully stop this error occurring and I will keep an eye on the various logs over the next few days to see what effect these changes have.

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to tackle this issue.

Way to go, sir. Way to go. :hug: I appreciate your hard work for this crazy place!

• 2 months later...

After a lengthy absence, the "dreaded message" has returned several times in the last 2 days

:(

This should now be fixed, took a couple of days for me to figure out what was causing it this time as the spike unfortunately coincided precisely with me reactivating a few small additional features that I had deactivated last time we had this problem. However when I deactivated them again the problem got no better, and it turns out the source of the problem is our good friend Google. Googlebot is a bot which trawls websites for content to build Google's search results, and you can limit the rate at which it does this but it needs to be reset every 90 days. The last time I set the rate was the 24th May and well...you can do the maths from there blushing.gif Anyway, it may take a day or two for the request to filter through but after that we should be okay.

I'll set a reminder for 24th November in my phone now... smile.png

I don't really wanna be a downer on the resolved matter, but I've got it about 5 times today alone x.x Probably just me, right?

I still experience the problem, I had to deal with it twice this morning.

Archived