Sneeze Fetish Forum

How do you edit story titles?

AppleBlossom

I read about another issue like this, and it was mentioned that you had to be in the writing group, only could only if you had written one to two stories. I have, and I was wondering if the writing group is still up and running.

Thank you. :)

The writing group still exists. The last step to gaining access is to PM an administrator, and they will have a look at your stories etc.

• 1 month later...

I've been searching for the past hour and I still haven't found a solution, so I'm just going to ask it right here.

How exactly do you change the title of a story? I've already been added to the writers' group, but I can't figure out how to change the title. ; ___ ; Halp.

I'm so glad I found this thread, because I was wondering for the past week or so how to do this or add new tags to existing stories. Anyway, it makes a lot more sense now why I haven't been able to figure it out. xD

Emily - You go to the bottom of your original post and click "edit", then select "use full editor" and it'll come up. :)

*nods in agreement*

That little ability with title changing is really useful for stories (at least I find); both in terms of writing and in terms of reading. Especially if you are the type of writer that may have months pass between inspiration enough to update. :blushing: *whistles innocently*

The other thing you can do is click and hold the thread title and it should be come editable (is that a word?).

The other thing you can do is click and hold the thread title and it should be come editable (is that a word?).

Lynne is right that used to be the case, but unfortunately that feature hasn't worked since the upgrade to the new software, which is a shame because it was much easier. Therefore the only way of doing it that I know of is as smileyfacegirl^^ said.

• 5 months later...

There... now doesn't seem to be an "edit" button at the bottom of my original post for a drabble thread I started in the story forum; what should I do?

Are you currently in the writing group? If not, then the time you can edit your post for has passed and you won't be able to edit it yourself, but I will be happy to change the title for you. :)

Ahh, that's a requisite?

I'm hoping to write more Homestuck drabbles - only, I don't want to have to bug you every time, so I would like to be in the group if that is required?

But if you could meanwhile go in and change the parenthetical on my drabble thread, which says something like (starting with some JohnDave) to (JohnDave, RoseFef & more) and add the 'female' and 'cold' tags, that would be great! Thanks.

Archived