Sneeze Fetish Forum

Picture Prompt Fic Meme

Wig_Powder

“All right, then, what seems to be the trouble?” the doctor asked as he closed the door to the examination room.

Alan shivered and grinned a bit sheepishly as the doctor’s eyes flicked almost pointedly to the t-shirt he was wearing. “I’ve got a fever, different parts of my body start randomly aching, and I’m getting heavily congested. I’m just not sure if I’ve got a bad cold or a case of the flu.”

“Sit down and I’ll have a look,” the doctor (His name was Giles, apparently) said amiably, “And maybe I prescribe something to keep you from feeling any worse.”

The examination was the standard affair; temperature, blood pressure, listening to breathing and heartbeat, examining the eyes and throat. Finally, Dr. Giles stepped away and gestured that it was all right for Alan to stand. “I think it’s a mild case of the flu. Just get yourself in bed and take some hot showers to try to soothe the soreness in your muscles, and you should be fine. You’ll probably be fine in a week or so.”

“Thanks, doctor,” Alan said gratefully, “I’m…I…”

The urge to sneeze had snuck up without warning, but he at least had a few hitching breaths to lift his hand in the vague direction of his face. “Ihh…IRESHHH!!”

When he looked up awkwardly, he saw that Dr. Giles had taken a few steps back, arms still raised defensively. Giles gave him another pointed look, one that said “I may be a doctor, but that doesn’t mean I’m immune to all disease.” and inclined his head in the direction of the tissue box. “Bless you. Better take some of those for the road if you don’t have any on you.”

With another sheepish grin, Alan grabbed two fistfuls of tissues, murmured more thanks and apologies, and quickly got out of the office so the doctor could wash his hands.

I've got another double pic set; http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid={4461D9DC-6EFE-4812-AB27-ECDD234D7E75}&p=75283&n=1&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26sortby%3d2%26qt%3dwoman%2520sneeze%2520dust%26qt_raw%3dwoman%2520sneeze%2520dust%26qn%3d%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26aoa%3d1%26creative%3d%26videos%3d%26nu%3d%26ccc%3d%26bespoke%3d%26apalib%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26ot%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26name%3d%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26userid%3d%26id%3d%26a%3d%26xstx%3d0%26cbstore%3d1%26lightbox%3d%26resultview%3dsortbyPopular%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d%26nasty%3d%26t%3d0%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d&IsFromSearch=1 and http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid={B0E59758-2F4B-4416-8823-048D2DDA86C2}&p=75283&n=2&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26sortby%3d2%26qt%3dwoman%2520sneeze%2520dust%26qt_raw%3dwoman%2520sneeze%2520dust%26qn%3d%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26aoa%3d1%26creative%3d%26videos%3d%26nu%3d%26ccc%3d%26bespoke%3d%26apalib%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26ot%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26name%3d%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26userid%3d%26id%3d%26a%3d%26xstx%3d0%26cbstore%3d1%26lightbox%3d%26resultview%3dsortbyPopular%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d%26nasty%3d%26t%3d0%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d&IsFromSearch=1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wig_Powder

• Likesn

• normandy

• Healer

I'm bringing this thread back to life (again)!

Isabella picked up the key to the house from under the flowerpot by the door and entered the house. The man living in this house was away, so Isabella had all the time she needed to clean the house well. It was her first time cleaning this man's house, and she wanted to make a good impression. She got ready to start cleaning, when she noticed a brand new dusting brush lying in the corner. "Good" she thought "I can start with this. This place seems like it could use some dusting". She picked up the brush and started dusting the room. After a few minutes, she noticed that the curtains covering the big windows seemed very dusty. She started brushing them, and indeed- she was not wrong. After only a few brushes, a cloud of dust arose from the curtains. The dust surrounded Isabella completely, and before too long, it got inside her cute nose. The tickle was intense, but Isabella tried to fight it, her breath hitching- "He Hi Hi". She tried to keep dusting, hoping the tickle would go away, but the more she dusted more dust got inside her nose, and the tickle only got stronger. When she felt she could no longer hold the sneezes, she stopped to let some out- "He Tshi, Tshi, Hi Tshi"! She wiped her nose with the back of her hand, but when she turned her head her face hit the brush, which she still held in her other hand, causing her to sneeze helplessly again- "Hap Tshi, Hi Tshi, He Tshioo"! Isabella's poor nose was so irritated, but she had to keep this job. Thus, Isabella kept dusting, pausing every other minute to sneeze. When she finally finished dusting, her nose was running madly and her eyes were red. "Well" she thought to herself "at least I'm done with all this dust and know I can stop sneezing and get some cleaning done". Little did Isabella know that the man who owned this house did not hire her because of her cleaning skills, but because of her looks. In fact, the owner of the house put the brush in plain sight on purpose, so that Isabella would notice it and clean the curtains, which he made sure would be extra dusty. She also didn't know that he picked up special cleaning products, making sure to choose the ones that will irritate poor Isabella's nose the most. And there was one more thing Isabella didn't know- that the owner of the house installed hidden cameras all around the house, so that he won't miss a single sneeze of hers........

My picture:

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/10624683/2/stock-photo-10624683-sick-sneezing-student.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In which I attempt to resurrect this thread once more...

---

Jessica was glad her cold had subsided enough for her to get back to her classes, but the illness continued to torment her. Her headache and fever were mostly gone; now her cold lingered as an ever-present tickle at the back of her nose. Jessica had managed to make it through her first class of the day with only a bit of sniffling. In her second course, however, she found herself unable to stop sneezing.

"Eht'SHHH!"

Jessica sneezed sharply, just barely managing to catch it with a tissue. She gently held her nose for a moment, not wanting to interrupt the lecture with a loud blow. Luckily her professor had the forethought to not waste time by blessing all of Jessica's sneezes individually, but she felt like she was being enough of a nuisance already. Closing her eyes, Jessica quietly sniffled into the tissue, feeling it steadily become more saturated over time. Once the soft paper was sufficiently damp, she crumpled it up and dropped it onto her desk to join the other used tissues until she could throw them all away.

"Heh... Eh'CHHH!"

Tearing a fresh tissue from her packet, Jessica managed to cover her next sneeze just in time. She repeated the same process as before: allowing the paper to absorb the moisture from her nostrils and then crumpling it up. Class was almost over, and luckily Jessica had some free time before her next lecture. Plenty of time to head back to her apartment and rest for a few hours. She only had to last a few more minutes.

"Eh... Hehh..."

Feeling another sneeze coming on, Jessica reached for her packet of tissues. Unfortunately, she made the horrifying discovery that she had just used her last one. Not wanting to make a mess, Jessica raised a hand and hoped the professor would notice her before it was too late.

"May I please be ehhhh... Excusehhhh... Het'CHHHHOO!"

---

I will also admit a big part of why I'm bringing this back is I found a couple of great images I'd love to see someone write about:

http://us.fotolia.com/Content/Comp/67491022 http://us.fotolia.com/Content/Comp/67490999

• 1 month later...

I was really interested in filling this, but then my computer broke and the jerks who were meant to fix it took way too long to get it working again. Sorry this meme died again!

Blair groaned and rubbed at her nose again. She could feel the sneeze lurking deep in her sinuses, wanting to come out, but more than happy to just keep teasing her until it was good and ready. Honestly, it was one of the worst tickles she’d ever felt in her life. Her cold sneezes stung her nose and caused a hitching breath or two before coming out, and her pollen allergies caused one quick prickle before the sneezes exploded out of her, but this was a different beast entirely.

It was also one of the longest lasting tickles she’d ever had. She’d dropped the pepper shaker at dinner over two hours ago, and it was still there, even after she’d come home and was in the process of getting ready for bed. She’d thought she’d only inhaled a few grains, which explained why she hadn’t sneezed, but apparently each grain was tickling the inside of her nose, determined to be sneezed out instead of just falling out naturally.

Turning on the shower, Blair glanced at herself in the mirror as she pulled off her shirt. While her nose wasn’t overly red from all the rubbing, it looked perpetually wrinkled, twitching every time she felt a grain sting her nose. “Enough’s enough.” Blair said to no one in particular, and pressed her hand to the bottom of her nose, pushing her nose upward while taking a deep breath. Hopefully this would suck the grains back towards the more sensitive parts of her nose.

For a moment, all it did was make her nose itch more. But then, mercifully, she felt that sensation that only comes when a sneeze is inevitable. Turning away so she wouldn’t spray the mirror, she took a deep breath and let it out. “Hah-TCHOO!

She sniffed tentatively, but apparently there were still a few grains hiding in there, because she’d barely finished inhaling before another sneeze burst out of her. “KESHOO!”

As soon as she’d finished sneezing, she sighed in relief as she realized her nose was no longer itching. Giving her nose one last rub to get rid of any lingering wetness, she turned her attention back to the shower. If there was any more pepper clinging to her hair or skin, she didn’t want to give it a chance to start the itching all over again.

http://www.spiderpic.com/stock-photos/istockphoto/1260216-nose-tickle

• 4 months later...

I'm not giving up on this thread just yet:

Edith was getting ready for her T.V. show. The former actress who was now hosting a famous talk show called her makeup girl, Daisy, to help her with the finishing touches of her makeup. Daisy was almost done when she suddenly started tickling Edith's nose with the makeup brush. "What are you doing Daisy"? Edith asked, looking up to the girl's face and noticing the naughty smile she gave her. "Don't worry- it's just a little something to get you ready for your show" answered Daisy as she continued tickling Edith's nose playfully with the brush. "It ha..... tickles..... hi....... how is that hi..... supposed to ha...... help me hi...... get re..... ha..... ready for the hi...... show"? Edith's breath started to hitch, making it hard for her to finish the sentence. "Trust me, you're gonna feel really good and be all relaxed just in time for your show" Daisy answered calmly. "What are you ha.... talking hi..... about? Stop it!" Edith cried out, but it was no use- Daisy kept torturing her nose with the brush. "Just a little more" Daisy said and sure enough, a few moments later Edith's nose succumbed to the tickle which grew inside it and-"Ha Hitsh, Itsh, He Itshoo, Tshi, Tshoo, Shoo, Hea Ishoo"! Edith's sneezes started with a high pitched sound, some of them ending in the same manner and others with a deeper sound. "Gesundheit" Daisy said when Edith's fit was finally over. "Now- was that liberating or what? Tell me that you don't feel much more relaxed now" Daisy added while Edith blew her nose softly with a tissue. "Need I remind you that this is not my first time on T.V.? I'm used to it. I wasn't nervous. The next time you want to try something like this, the least you can do is warn me first" Edith scolded the now slightly embarrassed makeup girl. "I'll tell you one thing though" added Edith "the feeling after those sneezes wasn't all too bad. You've opened my mind for something new this evening. Where did you learn that from"? "Oh, it's a professional secret" Daisy smiled as Edith left to host her show. Of course, the only secret Daisy had was that she was a sneezing fetishist, and she was just dying for the opportunity to make Edith sneeze.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

And now for my picture:

http://image.shutter...s-126801029.jpg

Edited by Likesn
  • 1 month later...

“Hey, you all right?” Jill asked, “You don’t seem as peppy as usual.”

Carla shrugged. “I’m a little sick. Caught a cold a few days ago.”

“You did not!” Jill said, looking her up and down, “Your outfit is neat and coordinated, your hair is fine, your makeup is immaculate as usual…you’re too well put-together to have a cold.”

“My nose is pink.” Carla pointed out.

“We’re outside in the middle of winter, so is mine.”

“My voice is slightly stuffed up.”

“Same thing. Winter messes with the sinuses.”

Carla pulled out a pack of travel tissues. “I’m carrying these with me.”

“You could be using them for makeup or something.”

Just as Carla was about to ask why Jill was so vehement about it, she felt a twinge deep in her nose. “Well, I…ah…think I c-can prove ih-it to you now. J-just let me sneh…sneeze on you and we’ll see how y-you’re feeling in ahh-a few days.”

“Don’t you dare!” Jill yelped, jumping out of the way, “All right, I believe you! You have a cold!”

Carla managed a faint smile of triumph before pulling out a tissue and letting loose. “Ah…ehh…ET-SHH!”

My picture: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-53625412/stock-photo-young-woman-have-head-cold-and-holding-pills.html?src=_ir-Hj-d5rL9_0r0wrwzhQ-50-37

"Hoe Tshoo"! Alicia sneezed loudly into a tissue she managed to pull out of her coat's pocket just in time. She then gave several honking nose blows into the tissue and threw it into a nearby trash bin before entering the pharmacy. Once she was inside, away from the cold snowy weather outside, she felt a little better, but her leaking nose quickly reminded her that she was sick as she hadn't been in a long time, so sick she had to drag herself out of the warmth of her apartment and into the cold so she could buy some cold medicine. She approached the young woman who was standing at the counter and said:

"Excuse be, where cad I fidd Heeee........ sobe He Tshoo!" she had to stop talking and get another tissue from her coat to catch another harsh sneeze.

"Cold medicine?" the young woman at the counter completed the sentence for Alicia.

"That obvious, huh?" Alicia asked before blowing her nose wetly.

"Tis the season" the young woman said. "You're not the first to come in here with a bad cold these days, and I suspect you won't be the last" she added.

"So..... cold bedicide"?

"Of course. Sorry. Aisle four".

Alicia went to find the cold medicine and returned a few moments later with a bunch of pills.

"Yup, these should do it. Let my wrap them for you" the young woman said. Alicia handed her the pills, but she suddenly had to sneeze again. She was too busy handing the pills, she had no time to pull out a tissue and her loud, wet "Hea Tshoo!" hit the young woman straight in the face.

"Oh by gosh! I'b so sorry!" Alicia said from behind a fresh tissue before blowing her nose into it.

"It's alright. Getting sneezed on is an occupational hazard when you work in a pharmacy" the young woman said.

"Still, I hope you dod't get sick. Trust be- you dod't wadt to catch this cold".

"Oh I believe you" the young woman said before handing the packed pills back to Alicia.

Alicia payed for the medicine and left. Once she was outside, the cold winter air tickled her nose and- "Hae Tshooeh! Gross! I'b a bess" she said when she noticed the snot from her nose lying glistering on a pile of snow on the sidewalk in front of her.

Meanwhile, Liz, the young woman at the pharmacy counter, wiped Alicia's snot from her face. Alicia wasn't the first person to sneeze in Liz's direction lately and Liz was hoping people would stop doing that. Working at the pharmacy, she witnessed first hand how bad this winter's cold was and she really didn't want to catch it. The mere thought about this terrible cold made Liz's head ache. She rubbed her temples with her fingers, hoping it was nothing more than a passing headache and not a sign that she was getting sick. Does she stand a chance against this cold? Only time will tell...........

**********************************************************************************************************************

My picture:

http://www.sprypub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Woman_with_Cold.jpg

Edited by Likesn
  • 1 month later...

Dawn groaned and rubbed her arms as she waited for the apple juice to heat up. This was probably the worst cold she’d ever had; normally, the fever went away after a day or two, but here it was Day Five and she was still bundled up in her heaviest sweater, not to mention her wool hat and scarf. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the congestion had hit with a vengeance, which meant she was sneezing every five minutes. It had only started a few hours ago, but her nose had already gone red. She dreaded to think what she’d look like by the end of the day.

Her nose prickled again and she sighed, pulling a tissue from her pocket and holding it close. “Ah…hahh…HASHOO!” Sniffling, she rubbed her nose and disposed of the tissue, just as the timer beeped, signaling her apple juice was ready. Despite everything, Dawn managed a smile. Some hot cider would loosen the phlegm in her throat, open her air passages, and just plain taste good right now.

For a few minutes, all was well as she mixed the juice with cinnamon and cloves, until she could smell the cider through her blocked nose. But then, as she was carrying the mug back to her room, she felt the itch again. Oh no, not now! Dawn begged silently, at least let me get to a place to set this down first!

But the itch just grew stronger and stronger, and although she tried to quicken her pace, it soon became obvious she wasn’t going to make it. Reluctantly, she pulled out another tissue and tried to move the drink as far away from her as possible. “Hehh…hihhh…HISHHH!”

Something hot ran down her fingers, though thankfully it was only a little. Cursing, she hurried to her room and set the drink down before going to the bathroom to run her hand under cold water. Forget cough drops, what they really needed to invent was an anti-sneezing medication.

Got a two-fer this time: https://us.fotolia.com/id/33038596 and https://us.fotolia.com/id/33038698.

• 2 weeks later...

Astrid was surprised to find the bouquet on her doorstep that morning. It wasn't the fact that she got a bouquet that surprised her, after all- being a well known model she got flowers all the time, but it was the content of this specific bouquet that surprised her. This was no ordinary bouquet of flowers, for instead of flowers the bouquet was made of hay which Astrid was terribly allergic to. "He Hai TsShioo!" Astrid sneezed as soon as she lifted the bouquet. She saw there was a note on the bouquet, but her nose continued to tickle, so she grabbed a tissue and sneezed into it again- "Hai TsShoo"! She blew her nose lightly, trying in vain to get rid of the tickle inside it and opened the note. There was only one word written on the note- "Gesundheit". "Hei ItsShoo, TsShioo, Hai TsShoo!" Astrid tossed the bouquet as far away from her as possible and went back inside the house. It took her poor delicate nose a long time to calm down after her hay fever attack and during that time she wondered why would anyone do this to her. She had no idea that across the street from her, hiding in the bushes, there was a man named Hans, watching her with binoculars. Hans was pleased that Astrid got his little "gift".

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My picture:

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/sneezing-42928094

Ally was wondering if it was worth it to be outside in the freezing cold. She was outside a book store, waiting in line for her favorite book, Percy Jackson, to be signed by Rick Riordan. The line went all the way down the block, but she was determined to get this book signed. It would be a once in a life time opportunity; Ally might never get this chance ever again. "Heh-heh- IShhhewww! Isshhewww!" Ally sneezed. She was so cold, and standing out in the cold weather was making her sneeze a lot. "E-excuse m-heh-me miss," Ally said to the woman in front of her in the line. "W-would y-heh IShhhewww! Would you h-happen to h-heh-have a tissue?" Ally asked the woman. She shook her head no, and turned back to the person she was talking to in front of her. Ally was freezing, but she knew it would all be worth it once she got the book signed. Ally felt another tingle in her nose. "Heh-heh-heh- ahhhh Isshhewww! Isshhewww! Heh-heh- Ishhewww!" Ally sneezed. Ally sighed and moved up a step in line. "This is going to be a long day" Ally thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My picture: http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-woman-cat-allergy-sneezing-image47434987

• 1 month later...

Emma loved cats, she really did. Even having learned in her teenage years that she had a mild cat allergy, that didn’t stop her from adopting one as soon as she was out on her own. The occasional sneeze and having to take allergy medication regularly was worth it to have a purring furball by her side.

Generally, Emma subscribed to the theory that you didn’t choose a cat, a cat chose you. Nonetheless, she had always stuck to short-haired cats, since they were less likely to cause her allergies to flare up. But just as she was feeling ready to adopt a new cat after the loss of Sapphire, her Russian Blue, an injured ragdoll showed up on her back porch, looking hungry and in need of help. Despite the fact that his fur set her sneezing the minute she came outside to look him over, she knew she’d been chosen, and once it was confirmed he had no owner, she’d taken steps to change that.

Emma felt the itch in her nose seconds before hearing the thump of paws on cushion or feeling the weight of something else landing on the couch. With a smile, she plucked a tissue from the nearby box and held it to her face. “Hishoo! Hrishh!

Graham, who had long grown used to his owner’s noises, just meowed happily and clambered up onto her lap. Emma pet him softly, keeping the tissue pressed to her face in case of further sneezes. She wouldn’t trade him for all the sneeze-free days in the world.

Ok, because I saw your username and couldn't resist, my picture is...http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120725101702/mlp/images/4/44/Pinkie_Pie_sneezing_confetti_S2E25.png

(Or, if you'd rather stick to stock photos, you can do this one; http://www.phanie.com/index.php?idPageWeb=78&popUp_infosPhoto=1&infosIdPhoto=100216&interfaceParent=tableLumineuse )

"Okay, we're just waiting for Ra-" Pinkie Pie said, taking attendance for the party. She trotted over, and opened the door.

"R-Right on time Rhhhaaaahh-Rarity," Pinkie said, a flood of perfume overflowing her nose. Pinkie was very allergic to perfume, and this one was no exception.

It smelt like lillies and peonies. It was a very pretty scent, if Rarity hadn't over applied it.

"O-okay, let's p-party, ponies!" Pinkie Pie said, fighting off a huge itch forming in her nose.

Pinkie wasn't around Rarity for most of the party, so she wasn't affected that much. She still sneeze a couple times, like when she was talking to Princess Twilight about having a party in her new home. That was embarassing. She sneezed all over Twilight. Twilight didn't seem to mind though. But, she did understand why Pinkie was sneezing.

"Well, if I was allergic to perfume, I'd probably be sneezing my head off by now!" Twilight joked.

But, about halfway through, Rarity came over to talk to Pinkie.

"Pinkie, this party is wonderful!" Rarity gushed.

"T-hiiihhh Isshhehewwww! Isshhewww!" Pinkie sneezed. "Thanks,"

"Oh, would you like a tissue?" Rarity said, digging through her bag to find some for Pinkie.

"Yeah, thanks so much," Pinkie said, and took the tissue gratefully.

But, the minute Pinkie touched the tissue to her nose, she felt an intense itch in her nose. She blew her nose, but it did no good. Pinkiebtook a look at the package for the tissues. Of course. They were scented.

All scents really set Pinkie off, but the tissues really set her off.

"R-Rari- Isshshhewww! Isshhhewwww! Isshhhewwww! Ishheww! Iiisssshhhhewwww! ISSSHHHHHEEEEEWWWWWWW! ISSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHEEEEWWWW!" Pinkie sneezed.

"I-hiiiiihhh- I need to g-Issshhhewww! Go to the bathroom f- for a minute," Pinkie said, and scurried away, sneezing.

Rarity smiled to herself. She'd been watching Pinkie sneeze all night, and it was wonderful. Perfume on tissues. Best idea ever! Rarity thought, as Pinkie sneezed in the bathroom.

My prompt: http://m.shutterstock.com/images/4074355

Edited by PinkiePie
  • 2 weeks later...

Amber couldn't believe she was doing this on a dare. The entire thing was clearly ridiculous. Everyone knew feathers didn't really make you sneeze. She smirked, holding the feather duster a bit lazily before plunging her head in suddenly. Surprised by the feeling, she brought up her head and laughed. "Nope! It didn't work, guys!" She called, shaking her head. This truly was ridiculous.She eyed he brown feathers curiously and brought it to the tip of her nose, twirling the red handle gently in the palm of her hand. "hh...hhh..." She startered, surprise, giving a light sneeze into the feather duster, and blinked in surprise. Well, she guessed she was wrong.

My picture.

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/102340/102340,1298472523,1/stock-photo-bear-in-bed-with-thermometer-and-plaster-71791936.jpg

OR

http://www.shutterstock.com/s/sick/search.html?page=5&thumb_size=mosaic&inline=192306302

Er...the second link just takes me to a "sick" image search, and not one particular photo. Which one did you have in mind?

• 1 month later...

Felicia blinked in surprise at the sight of Doctor Lake standing on her doorstep. “What are you doing here?” she said, hand over her mouth to keep from breathing on him too much.

Lake smiled encouragingly before slipping a mask over his nose and throat. “I ran into your friend Pam at the grocery store, and she said you weren’t feeling well. I figured I’d come over and make sure it wasn’t anything serious.”

Felicia blinked a few times. “Wait…is this a house call?”

“If you want to call it that,” Lake said, “We’re a small town here, Miss Franklin, so we like to take care of our own. Would you like me to come in?”

“Um…sure,” Felicia said, stepping aside, “But you didn’t have to go to all this trouble. I’m pretty sure this is just a cold.”

“It’s no trouble. Besides, it’s better to make sure it’s just a cold and not something worse. Where do you want to have the examination?”

Felicia led him to the couch in the living room, where she had been watching TV. She replaced her icepack on her head while Lake slipped a thermometer in her mouth and quickly checked her pulse and her throat. Then he glanced at the reading on the thermometer and nodded. “It does, indeed, look like a cold. You should be fine in a few days. In the meantime, though, I’ll leave you these pills if your throat gets too sore.”

Felicia waved her hand and shook her head. “Oh, don’t worry about the cost,” Lake said reassuringly, “I won’t charge you for them unless you use them. And if you do use them, you can pay for them next time you come in for your physical.

Felicia shook her head again and was about to point to her face when her body finally made the situation clear. “Mmp-Chthht!!

The sneeze shot the thermometer out of her mouth, but Lake caught it with his free hand and set the pills on the table next to her. “Bless you,” he chuckled, “I’ll see myself out. I hope you feel better soon.”

As he disappeared from view, Felicia burrowed under the blanket a bit more, surprisingly not as embarrassed as she’d expected. The longer she lived here, the more she was convinced that she was going to like this town.

My picture: http://www.phanie.com/index.php?idPageWeb=78&popUp_infosPhoto=1&infosIdPhoto=100216&interfaceParent=tableLumineuse

• 3 weeks later...
StaraiRoalanstjay

Emma sniffled again as she put her seatbelt on. She was already late for work and her hayfever was acting up a treat. She wiped her dripping nose on a tissue as the tickling return in full force. "Heh... HEH..." she began, holding the tissue to her nose. "HEHCHEW!! HEHCHEW!! HEHCHEW!!" Why did her neighbour have to mow his lawn today? The pollen from the trees outside her house was affecting her badly enough, and the freshly cut grass was making her more sneezy and snuffly than ever. "HEHCHEW!! HEH... HEHCHEW!!!" She blew her nose into the now rather damp tissue. She sighed as the tickling died down for a minute to nothing more than a gentle itch, and began to drive off. She sniffed constantly, trying to remain in control. She could feel another sneeze coming on. She had the windows closed to prevent any more pollen from coming into the car, but she suspected that there could be some stuck to her clothing, making her nose tickle and twitch. She took one hand off the wheel and held a finger under her flared nostrils. "Heh..." she took a breath in, but she was determined not to sneeze whilst driving. She sniffled and attempted to control her breathing. "Heh... heh..." She felt her nostrils trembling against her finger, becoming more and more tickly as time went on. It was almost like someone was stroking her nose with a blade of grass. "HEH... HEH... HEH..." Tears were beginning to well up in her eyes. She knew she couldn't hold it back for much longer. She sniffed loudly and tried hard to concentrate on driving. She stopped at the traffic lights and started fumbling around for another tissue before it was too late. "HEH... HEH... HEEEEH..." After what seemed like an eternity, she found another tissue in the glovebox. She pressed the soft material firmly against her poor tickly nose, and allowed it to catch her desperate, allergic sneezes. "HEHCHEW!!! CHEW!! HEH-HEHCHEW!!! HEHCHEW!! HEHCHEW!!!" She blew her nose in an attempt to blow out the pollen, but this didn't work at all. "HEHCHEW!!! HEH-HEHCHEW!!! HEHCHEW!! HEHCHEW!!! HEHCHEW!!! CHEW!!!"

----

My pic - http://www.inmagine.com/ojsi054/ojsi054261-photo

• 3 months later...

“HASHOO!” Gerald sat bolt upright in bed, clamping the tissue to his nose in an attempt to contain the worst of the sneeze (though it did nothing to diminish the sound). With a groan, he rubbed at his nose with the soggy tissue and looked down ruefully at the thermometer. Two minutes ago, it had confirmed the worst of his suspicions; while his temperature was “only” 100 degrees, it was enough to prove that he had a cold, and not bad fall allergies.

Setting the tissue on the bedside table for now, Gerald took stock of the situation. He felt a little chilly, but his fever wasn’t awful yet. If he was lucky, he’d have about ten to fifteen minutes before this cold hit him full force and he’d become too tired and brain-dead to do much of anything. Which meant if he had anything he wanted or needed to do, he had to do it now.

Leaning back against the headboard, Gerald ticked off a list on his fingers. Call in sick to work, grab some extra blankets, get cough drops, a water bottle, and an extra tissue box, bring the garbage can over to the bed so he could dispose of his tissues, grab his laptop so he could do some mindless surfing, and get his slippers and bathrobe out of the closet so he’d have something warm to wear whenever he needed to force himself out of bed. Unable to think of anything else he’d need, Gerald regretfully threw aside the covers and stepped out of bed.

The moment his feet touched the ground, another itch sprang up in his sinuses, and he was barely able to grab a tissue from the box. “ARSHOO!!

The force of the sneeze caused him to shiver slightly, and he picked up the pace as best he could. If he was sneezing like this on the first day of his cold, the rest of the week was going to be a doozy.

My picture: http://www.masterfile.com/image/en/846-05645873/1940s-WOMAN-SNEEZING-WEARING-RAINCOAT-CITY-STREET-SCENE-BACKGROUND

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back after a little over a year of it lying dormant. Here's hoping it'll spark some interest from people who might not have known about it before!

~~~

The movies made it look so straightforward. You came to the big city to live your dreams, and with hard work and a little luck, you’d eventually succeed. It didn’t matter if your dream was to become a star in the theater or a big-shot lawyer; all you had to do was stick with it.

Of course, the movies also made winter look like a magical place, everything white and pristine, but most of all, cozy. In both cases, the reality was distinctly different.

Ah…hah…” Hannah sniffled in an attempt to ward off the sneeze for an extra few seconds while she dug around in her coat pocket for a tissue. She wasn’t surprised that she’d caught the cold that was going around the office, but she did wish it could have happened on a week when the buses were working. Or at least on a week where the forecast hadn’t called for constant snow.

HESHOO!” Hannah rubbed her nose with the tissue and trudged onward, shivering despite her heavy winter clothes. She hoped the landlord would succeed in fixing the pipes by the time she got back to her tiny apartment—otherwise, she’d be stuck with no heat, no hot water, and what was shaping up to be a bad cold.

Hannah’s nose itched again, and the hand that was returning the tissue to her pocket quickly returned to her face. “KATSHH!” Make that a very bad cold.

She sighed and turned onto her street. Well, at least she’d be able to curl up in bed and read if nothing else. Though given her mood, she’d have to choose her book carefully. With everything she was currently experiencing, she didn’t really put a lot of stock in perfect happy endings.

I've got two pictures that I swear are/were stock photos, but seem to have disappeared from actual stock photo sites. However, I love the pictures and would be fascinated to see someone write something for them, so I'm going to bend my own rules slightly and link to the versions of the pictures I did manage to find;

http://testsite.uview.com/mist/mistimages/sneezing.jpg

and

http://cdn.mtlblog.com/uploads/2015/03/allergies-Medium.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Likesn to the rescue!! I'm so glad this thread is back.

When the nursing school Zoe went to announced her class was going on a field trip, Zoe didn't think they meant that in a literal way. But alas, when she noticed the bus was going straight into a massive yellow field, she knew she should have taken her allergy medicine. They were about to have a picnic right in the middle of the field and as the other students left the bus to find a good place to sit Zoe stayed behind and pulled her pink handkerchief out of her pocket. She didn't notice someone left one of the windows open until she felt a sudden fierce tickle inside her nose. She immediately brought the handkerchief to her face and- "Ha Eshoo"! She wanted to blow her nose but her nose wasn't done yet- "He Shoo, Eshoo"! She blew her nose and went to join the others.

Her Handkerchief served her well for a while, but it was no match for the constant tickle inside her nose. When the handkerchief was no longer usable, she asked one of the other students for a tissue. As she sat there, in the middle of the field, Zoe felt another fit of sneezes coming and she brought the tissue to her nose, eyes only slightly open and mouth wide open, and waited for the inevitable- "Ha Eshoo, Eshoo, Ha Esh, He Shoo"! She couldn't wait for this trip to be over.

Continuing the trend of two pictures:
sick-ill-woman-autumn-park-sneezing-tiss

And:

sick-ill-woman-autumn-park-sneezing-tiss

Ten minutes. Twenty more to go. Angela counted time ticking by in her head as she trekked alone through the misty wood.

The mist, chilly, FREEZING wood. Her stylish pink sweater wasn't nearly enough to hold back the bone deep chill, and already she was shaking as compulsive shivers wracked her frame. She badly needed a coat. Wasn't it still supposed to be autumn? This felt like winter! 

Regretfully, she thought back to the reason she was here. Ever since she a little girl, Angela had had an... overeager relationship with illnesses. Especially colds. It wasn't that she faked sick, exactly. It was just that she was, well, kind of lazy by nature. She tended to get so excited about the prospect of time off that she just assumed she had a cold, and only realized a day later that she actually felt fine. 

So Angela had developed a rule for herself. When she though she felt a sniffle coming on, she would force herself to wait half an hour. If not other symptoms presented themselves in that time, she was probably fine. For years, the system had served her well, curbing her more childish impulses. Until today.

She was totally justified though, or so she told herself. Angela's boss was trying to quit smoking again, and her work was hell right now. So she had cheated a little. Which was why she was taking her half hour in the freezing mist instead of warm indoors. And yet, despite the freezing conditions, Her body refused to cave. The ticklishness that had been lurking around the back of her nose ever since she had sneeze the first time simply refused to manifest in a proper sneeze, no matter how much she wished it would. Angela checked her watch and grimaced, shivering again. There were only fifteen minutes left now. She needed to sneeze soon. Unfortunately, her nose didn't seem to be...

Angela's eyes widened suddenly. Was it her imagination or... no, her nose had definitely just twitched again! She began to breath slowly and carefully, trying not to extinguish the growing tickle and it slowly spread forwards in her nose. Gingerly, trying not to disturb the growing reaction in progress, she extracted a single tissue from her pocket. Her eyelids were starting to flutter now. Oh please... Oh please...

"heehhhhhhh... HATSHOO!!" Angela snapped forwards into her tissue with a burst of spray. Two more wet, harsh sneezes followed. "ISHEWW!! HISHHH!!". She sniffled, her nose feeling thick and congested. Suddenly her throat had started to hurt. She was visibly trembling from the cold, but as she straightened up Angela was grinning from ear to ear. 

My picture is either:

https://www.masterfile.com/image/en/820-02086158/Woman's-face-with-scaffolding-and-painter-figurines

OR

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-woman-almost-sneeze-with-funny-face-use-an-electric-brush-for-deeply-clean-on-the-nose-remove-black-559092178.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had to choose the first one; I appreciate a challenge.

The land of Masfilo was an unusual one in several ways. First, it was populated by giants, talking animals, fairies, and other mystical creatures, in addition to normal humans. Secondly, there was very little discord between the species, as it had been realized early on that working together would ensure better survival than constant fighting. As a result, each group did their best to help each other out. Fairies helped heal sick animals in exchange for tufts of fur to use as clothes during the winter months. Animals used their heightened senses to track down food for giants in exchange for hot boulders to keep them warm during the cold season. And giants assisted humans in building their shelters, in exchange for a wide variety of favors.

Such was the case with the giantess Izzy one spring day. She had helped the humans rebuild their grain silo after a bad storm, and had asked that they apply makeup to her face. There was to be a celebration of Spring’s return in the giant village that evening, and Izzy wanted to look her best for it. Given their relative sizes, humans would be able to make sure that all her makeup had been smoothly applied. It was an unusual request, but not an outrageous one, and the humans were able to come up with a technique relatively quickly. Standing on carefully constructed ladders, they used brushes and clothes to carefully rub the various liquids, gels, and powders onto Izzy’s face, pausing every few minutes so Izzy could examine their work in her mirror. It was a long process, but no one was complaining.

All was going well until it came time to work on the area around Izzy’s nose. Despite the precautions the humans took, some of the powder inevitably flew into the air and up Izzy’s nose. And even though Izzy held a finger under her nose and tried to only breathe through her mouth, the itch eventually became too large to ignore. Izzy stuttered out a warning, and the humans clung to their ladders while she rose to her feet and turned her body towards the sea.

HAH…HAHH…HAH-CHISHOOOOOOOOO!!!

The sneeze was powerful enough to blow the tops off several trees and cause the sea to briefly blow back in on itself, but luckily, no serious damage had been done. The humans offered blessings, which Izzy accepted with a laugh before returning to her village to fetch a clothespin. Perhaps if she plugged her nose, they could avoid a similar incident.

Speaking of a challenge, my picture is: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/woman-winning-sickness-throwing-tisues-big-175779473?src=lG6NS4EYzqLuyOZtAgFR5A-1-17

• 2 weeks later...

"God, I hate this job" Clarice thought for the 200th time. That day. True, she did have jobs she did not like in the past, but never like this one. She hated possibly everything about her current job- from the people working with her to the office space itself. People around her were always stressed, always in a hurry, even if they didn't really have anything urgent to do. This stressful atmosphere had a lot to do with Clarice's boss, a very stern woman, who Clarice referred to as "The Slave Driver", though never out loud of course. Her boss had everyone constantly on edge. Every once in a while, someone would try to convince "The Slave Driver" that a more relaxed atmosphere would benefit everyone much more than a stressful one. Those people were always the first ones to get fired. Clarice has learned long ago that it was better to just stay out of "The Slave Driver"'s sight, though it wasn't easy- her boss was always watching everyone like a hawk.

You would expect that in a situation like this people would show more solidarity towards each other, but in reality it was the exact opposite- people were willing to throw each other under the bus, "The Bus" in this case being "The Slave Driver"'s war path, just so that she would get angry at someone else and forget about them for a little while. Clarice didn't do it to anyone else, although there have been a few times she was tempted to do so, but she didn't trust anyone else around her to show her the same kindness. She would have quit the job a long time ago, had she not been in a dire need for a steady stream of income at the time. Thus, Clarice just struggled to get through each day at a time. She was desperate for some time off, but she knew that if she dared to ask her boss for it "The Slave Driver" would make her time off permanent.

For the last couple of days, things have managed to get worse. It seemed that a bug has started to go around the office and every day at least one more person would turn up sick. Needless to say, "The Slave Driver" was not happy about the situation- she insisted that people should continue to come to work even if they were sick, and thus about half the office was infected in a matter of days. After Clarice has been sneezed and coughed on by several of her co- workers for a day and a half, she felt that it won't be long before she will be sick herself.

"God, I hate this job" Clarice thought for the 201st time. That day. Just as the thought finished passing through her head she became aware of a growing tickle in the back of her nose. "Oh great, so it begins" she thought bitterly and just as she did the tickle had increased sharply and- "Ha Ishoo"! Clarice only barely managed to catch the sneeze in her hands, but she didn't even have time to catch her breath before she sneezed again into her cupped hands- "Ishoo"! Whem she was sure she was done sneezing she removed her sneeze- spray stained hands from her face, only to find herself facing "The Slave Driver".

"Not you too Clarice" "The Slave Driver" huffed.

"*sniff* Excuse be, but I thidk I bight be cobig dowd with sobethig" said Clarice.

"You and half the people here. I am fed up with this. Go home and take a sick day tomorrow. In fact" she raised her voice so that anyone around the office could hear her "anyone who is sick- go home. Now. And stay home until you're done spreading your germs around. I will not have you infecting me with whatever the hell has been going around the office these days. Go home and don't come back until you're no longer a bunch of walking, talking and barely working petri dishes".

No one dared to argue with "The Slave Driver", so Clarice, along with her sick co- workers, had called it a day and went home. The next morning, Clarice's nose woke her up with two sneezes- "A Ishoo, Ei Tshoo"! She blew her stuffy nose and looked around her- her bed was covered with used tissues from the previous night, for her nose had not stopped running for a minute, while being stuffy all along. She was about to add the newly used tissue to the pile when the realization hit her- she hadn't had the chance to wake up this late in the morning for a long time. Not only that, she was now given a direct order from her boss to stay at home for as long as it takes her to be completely healthy, which, with whatever that was that she had caught, would mean staying at home for at least a couple of days. A smile of victory spread across Clarice's face and she grabbed some of the used tissues and joyously threw them in the air. Clarice could only hope that by the time she gets back to work her boss would catch the office bug and take a few days off herself, so that the rest of them could take it easy for a while.

As for my picture:
http://www.123rf.com/photo_47576410_sick-woman-sneeze-young-ill-girl-having-flu-blow-nose-mouth-open-at-home.html?fromid=MFdudWNocWN1SVpLTGxYSUsxTWovQT09

• 1 month later...

“Make yourself at home!” Fern said, before heading upstairs, “I need to drop off my stuff, then I’ll give you the grand tour.”

Jane nodded and kicked off her shoes before sitting down in a chair by the breakfast bar and looking around. Even at a glance, she could tell Fern had finally got the house she always wanted—something ultra-modern and bold. The place also looked spotless; Fern must have spent hours cleaning it in preparation for showing it off. Jane was honored that she’d be the first to have a look at it.

Noticing the wooden walls surrounding her, Jane took a deep breath, hoping to catch a whiff of polished wood, one of her favorite scents in the world. Instead, her nose instantly was filled with the scent of cleaning solvents, which stung and irritated her nose. As she coughed and waved a hand in front of her face, she caught a faint scent of lemon, and that extra irritant was enough to send Jane over the edge. Grabbing for the tissue pack she kept in her pocket, Jane barely managed to yank one out before she started to sneeze. “Heh…Hisshh! Hetshh! Ipshh!

Even with the tissue covering her nose, she could still smell the cleaning products every time she tried to catch her breath, forcing at least one more sneeze out of her. She lost track after twelve—all she knew was that she was still sneezing when Fern came back downstairs. “I heard you from upstairs and came down as soon as I could! You all right?”

Jane nodded. “J-just the…Kshh!…cleaning spray you used. Eh…Egishh!

Fern smiled sheepishly. “Sorry. I guess I got a little too enthusiastic about making everything look good for visitors. Come on, let me show you the yard first to give your nose a chance to calm down.”

My picture: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/portrait-asian-woman-sneezing-mouth-open-85505767?src=7znRaPWUb-bDPTHVyK9A-g-4-65

"Do come in." Celeste took Mya's hand in both of her own. "Please, let me bring you tea in the parlor and then you can show me what you've found."

Mya smiled awkwardly. Celeste was so elegant that Mya always felt awkward near her. Even today, in her own home, Celeste was perfectly coiffed in a lovely floral robe.

Celeste brought a delicate china teapot and poured steaming jasmine tea into two small cups, handing one to Mya. "What did you come to say?"

Mya swallowed thickly. This, she could do. She hoped her mentor would be pleased. "I found a reference in Glauvin's work that I think gives the coefficient of translation." Her words came out too quickly, overeager.

Celeste's eyebrows twitched. "Can you show me?"

Mya nodded and opened her bag to withdraw the thick tome that held the text she sought. She slammed it on the table and rifled through the well-worn pages to find the reference she'd brought before her mentor today. "It's here on page 473, right after he calculates the moon-angle..."

Celeste's poised implacability was gone, replaced now with a strange look. Her mouth had fallen open, her forehead wrinkled, and her free hand fumbled in her pocket. She brought a gauzy handkerchief before her face for a breathless moment, then after three stuttering breaths released a flurry of sneezes into it, heh-heh-heh followed by kssch! kssch! kssch! 

She dabbed her nose delicately and gave a far less ladylike sniffle. "I've a terrible allergy to mold, I'm afraid," she said apologetically. "These old books give me an awful lot of trouble."

Now Mya understood why Celeste worked so much on computers. 

~

Next image: https://m.shutterstock.com/images/598403198