• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Connor Cunningham

• gryffin

• squealofapproval

• chessgod

It's the most cringe-worthy word ever! I feel really awkward writing it, too. Like, I can't quite bring myself to type it right now!

I have never ever said the word out loud in a conversation to anyone. Certainly outside of anywhere within the confines of this forum. I love to hear it said in a conversation (only by a female) but i can't bring myself to use it.

I have just got myself into the habit of writing it out here in posts which still doesn't feel right. I'm not sure i will ever be able to say it which is a shame sometimes as situations arise where i just can't follow them through without sounding ridiculous.

I can say it but I do feel awkward saying it. I don't dislike it I just feel by saying the word sneeze people will find out about my fetish somehow.

I have never ever said the word out loud in a conversation to anyone. Certainly outside of anywhere within the confines of this forum. I love to hear it said in a conversation (only by a female) but i can't bring myself to use it.

I have just got myself into the habit of writing it out here in posts which still doesn't feel right. I'm not sure i will ever be able to say it which is a shame sometimes as situations arise where i just can't follow them through without sounding ridiculous.

I feel the exact same way. I love it when I come across the word when I'm reading something but I can't say it.

• 3 months later...

I can definitely relate. I was reading a kid I work with a book the other day, and it had 'sneeze' in it like ten times. It was awful. I feel like I say it weird, too, all soft and distorted. So strange!

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2014 at 8:01 AM, Connor Cunningham said:

Ever since I was very young I noticed I had an attraction to the word "sneeze". I liked how the word sounds and I like to hear other people say "sneeze". I for some reason feel so uncomfortable saying sneeze. In fact I've never said the word "sneeze" out loud to anyone in my life. Can anyone relate ?

I think it's interesting that I like to hear other people say "sneeze" , but I've never ever used that word in my entire life. 

Does it embarrass you when you sneeze? Do you have a fear of sneezing? I suspect your mind is trying to keep you from thinking of sneezing for one of these reasons by not letting you say "sneeze." I don't have a license to practice psychology, but THAT doesn't stop me. :D

StaraiRoalanstjay

I deliberately mispronounce the word 'sneeze' if I ever say it out loud (Which isn't very often), so that it sounds like 'thneeze'. I've been doing this for years and no-one has ever questioned it because I have a slight lisp anyway :) 

It's only in recent years that I've been comfortable with hearing other people say the word 'sneeze'. I remember when I was younger, it made me feel really awkward, especially if people announced that they were about to sneeze by actually saying 'I'm going to sneeze' or similar. I don't know if I'm more okay with it now because I've simply grown out of it or because these days I know more about the fetish and can just enjoy it more rather than be embarrassed about it. 

7 hours ago, gonnasneeze said:

Does it embarrass you when you sneeze? Do you have a fear of sneezing? I suspect your mind is trying to keep you from thinking of sneezing for one of these reasons by not letting you say "sneeze." I don't have a license to practice psychology, but THAT doesn't stop me. :D

I avoid sneezing in public as much as I humanly can. However, no one has ever heard me say "sneeze" because I almost feel vulnerable at the thought of someone hearing me say it. 

On 27.8.2014 at 5:06 PM, Celest said:

To me, I can't say it in my native language... But in English, It's a little easier to say :/

Same here. I don't even like the german word. It sounds horrible for me. In german you say "niesen". I like the english word much more, but I rarely say it - why should I? But if I have to say it, I'd prefer to do it in english.

23 hours ago, FeatheredWolf said:

Yep I feel the same way. I can barely being myself to say "Bless you" to someone 

For me it's hard to bless someone, too. And it's the same with saying "sneeze" - I don't like the german counterpart "Gesundheit". 

On 9/20/2016 at 2:23 PM, FeatheredWolf said:

Yep I feel the same way. I can barely being myself to say "Bless you" to someone 

I have the same problem. I've never understand why my mind just gets stuck when I have to bless someone or have to say "sneeze". 

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2014 at 9:34 AM, squealofapproval said:

Dude, in science class I had to play a sick person and I had to say "sneeze" in front of EVERYONE. I thought I had said it too quiet, but no one had noticed. It just feels rusty coming from my mouth, as I rarely ever say it.

I couldn’t have done it. Good for you.  

OMG I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!! 

1. I never say "sneeze". My mom, unfortunately, loves talking about how huge and satisfying her sneezes are, and it's a literal torture ugh I can't... 😭

2. I have troubles not only saying the word, but also writing it in conversations. 

3. Finally, I haven't sneezed in public for more than 6 years now, even in front of my family and friends 😅 I just can't... Mental block doesn't let me. 

3 hours ago, peach_princess said:

OMG I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!! 

1. I never say "sneeze". My mom, unfortunately, loves talking about how huge and satisfying her sneezes are, and it's a literal torture ugh I can't... 😭

2. I have troubles not only saying the word, but also writing it in conversations. 

3. Finally, I haven't sneezed in public for more than 6 years now, even in front of my family and friends 😅 I just can't... Mental block doesn't let me. 

It’s definitely not just you. This is the only place I’ve even typed the word sneeze. I hope that one day I can work up the courage to finally say “sneeze” out loud. 

I have said it in conversation before, but very rarely, and I feel extremely uncomfortable afterwards, if I do say it.  Which then makes me feel like someone could guess about the fetish.  Probably a ridiculous feeling, but, strong and real enough to usually make me choose avoidance, if at all possible. 

I can't bless anyone, because I can't force those words out either. Again, I think it's because of how uncomfortable I would be, and then the thought that someone could see that, and then somehow, guess.  Recently though, I've started to whisper a blessing to strangers, when I'm in public, which gives me a bit of a thrill (strange, I know), even though they can't hear me.  Or maybe because they can't hear me.  I don't know.

I love reading observations on the forum, and would like to post some that I've seen myself, but I'm even uncomfortable with that.  Hoping that might change though...I've been gone a long time and am just recently back.

Not the word "sneeze" since my fetish is not sneezing, but definitely "nose"  or in particular "big nose" or anything along those lines. LOVE seeing it written, or hearing it said or even better, described by other people, but feel very embarrassed saying it. I'm extremely turned on by words and descriptions soooo <_<; 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, iojo said:

oh yeah totally i hate saying it and typing it

Yeah, this is the first and only place I’ve ever typed it

• 1 month later...

Can’t remember the last time I said the word sneeze. any conversation about sneezing and I’ll never contribute. Just too uncomfortable to.

I would much rather say the four letter word that begins with f than 'sneeze.'  Never in my life have I ever said that word without feeling incredibly uncomfortable. I remember not being able to read the word aloud. Even now, when I'm talking about inducing I say 'do the thing.' I have to write it in order to properly explain my fetish. The word sternutate (fancy term for sneeze) is much more comfortable for me, but it sounds even more ridiculous. How very fascinating. I can't believe other people have this same bizarre problem. I am so so relieved by this. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2014 at 6:01 AM, Connor Cunningham said:

Ever since I was very young I noticed I had an attraction to the word "sneeze". I liked how the word sounds and I like to hear other people say "sneeze". I for some reason feel so uncomfortable saying sneeze. In fact I've never said the word "sneeze" out loud to anyone in my life. Can anyone relate ?

I haven't said the word out loud in YEARS.  As for others saying it, I always have the mixed reaction of cringing inwardly and being relieved that at least THEY'RE saying it and not me.=D

Honestly, I've just recently started to get somewhat comfortable saying the word "handkerchief" out loud, so maybe someday it will be the same for me with "sneeze"?

Edited by Luisa39

I hate saying it, I hate hearing other people say it, and I hate hearing it, reading it, etc. unless it's specifically in a fetish context with people I feel safe around.  I'm totally fine saying it with my spouse or when talking (even voice chatting) with fellow fetishists.

For years and years I would do anything I could to avoid having to say the s-word or even talk about noses around other people. Hearing other people talking about it was also extremely uncomfortable, but also in a... kind of fascinating way, if that makes any sense? (Unless it's family, in which case NOPE. JUST NOPE.)

I'm still pretty uncomfortable saying it out loud unless it's privately with my SO (who knows about the fetish), but it's something I've learned to just do in the same way I've had to overcome other facets of social anxiety. I could probably have a whole discussion about sneezing with another person and have them have no idea anything is abnormal (while completely dying inside and wishing the earth would swallow me whole). Like answering the phone in my Customer Service Voice, it's just a learned response like any other.