Sneeze Fetish Forum

can't say "sneeze"

Connor Cunningham

I avoid saying it or typing it at all.  I don't really know why except that maybe I've been so shy/embarrassed about my fetish that I've made myself afraid that if I say it, people will find out I like it so much.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Connor Cunningham

• gryffin

• squealofapproval

• chessgod

i used to be soooooo 😶😶😶 about saying "sneeze" out loud. i can say it if im just in the company of my sneeze fetishist friends now, or in regular conversation (only if it's totally necessary and there is no way around it) about half the time if i dissociate a little for a second.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 7:15 PM, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

i used to be soooooo 😶😶😶 about saying "sneeze" out loud. i can say it if im just in the company of my sneeze fetishist friends now, or in regular conversation (only if it's totally necessary and there is no way around it) about half the time if i dissociate a little for a second.

I hope that I can eventually get to this point at least. Thanks for replying. 

Uuughhhh... I remember once in English class when I was little I had to read a part of the story and my eyes skimmed forward and of course landed on "she sneezed" and the whole story I was like cringing waiting for that sentence to come, it was soooo hard to say... lol

• 1 month later...

I have no problem with the word... but sneeze “sound effects” like when reading out loud, Role playing, playing with kids, things like that, any time a normal person might make a “achoo!” Sound effect in casual life... I get embarrassed... I feel... I dunno.  Not fetishy, not like I am gonna get caught,  just... I dunno, embarrassed knowing full well I have no reason to be and acting weird or shy about it would be much more likely to give me away then just “playing along” (though as little as possible) 

Edited by Medowsweet

I can almost never say "sneeze" out loud! Weirdly enough, I feel like I can say it occasionally in conversation with some of my closest friends or people I'm dating, but the number of people in my life I've ever said "sneeze" in front of can probably be counted on one hand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 4:28 PM, ControlledbyaSF said:

Uuughhhh... I remember once in English class when I was little I had to read a part of the story and my eyes skimmed forward and of course landed on "she sneezed" and the whole story I was like cringing waiting for that sentence to come, it was soooo hard to say... lol

Wow I’ve almost been there before. I just pretended I lost my place and started reading after the word “sneeze”. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 1:42 AM, Connor Cunningham said:

Wow I’ve almost been there before. I just pretended I lost my place and started reading after the word “sneeze”

I feel so utterly "exposed" if, God forbid, I have to use this word, either in English or in my native language! It's like arrows would magically appear pointing at me and a banner saying "she has the fetish!!!"😂😂 It used to be almost the same thing with "bless you" but I think I'm getting better at this...

On 1/5/2020 at 1:17 AM, Medowsweet said:

I have no problem with the word... but sneeze “sound effects” like when reading out loud, Role playing, playing with kids, things like that, any time a normal person might make a “achoo!” Sound effect in casual life... I get embarrassed... I feel... I dunno.  Not fetishy, not like I am gonna get caught,  just... I dunno, embarrassed knowing full well I have no reason to be and acting weird or shy about it would be much more likely to give me away then just “playing along” (though as little as possible) 

Yes, I feel the same! I get so cringey over saying "atchoo" or any sound affect like that, no matter the context. It's not anything fetish related, or that I feel ashamed it's just....I just don't want to, haha. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2014 at 4:01 PM, gryffin said:

Oh yes, I can! Although I find it slightly easier to say in English than in my native language (Italian).

That's the same for me!!! I'm Italian so saying "sneeze" isn't that hard but when it comes to saying it in my own language,it's just incredibly difficult!

I get sooo embarrassed if I have to say it so I try to avoid doing it but sometimes it's necessary and I just die inside XD.

I also struggle to say the words "snot/mucus","cold (the illness,obviously)" or "congested" especially in my mothertongue.

Edited by Zumil4702
  • 7 months later...
On 8/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, Zumil4702 said:

That's the same for me!!! I'm Italian so saying "sneeze" isn't that hard but when it comes to saying it in my own language,it's just incredibly difficult!

I also can’t say it in my own language tbh. 

• 1 month later...

There's a trick I used to get over the fear of saying the word "sneeze" that I can recommend. What you do is say the word "sneezing" but right before the "-ing" part you stop. Hope this helps everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I was saying that to my boyfriend a few days ago. I cannot say sneeze/sneezing in both of my languages. But I can type it even if I do feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes. He was speechless that I couldnt said it to him, even if he's aware of my fetish. So when I talk about it I say : My Fetish and for the action I say : doing that 😅😂

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

i used to be like this but i’ve gotten better, or more so i think i can just hide my uncomfortabilty better 😭 especially since my bf and i started dating and i was able to get over my fears and sneeze in front of him

@gemma Thanks for bringing this topic back here! 😊

I was scrolling through the older posts and thought it was nice to find another German user (from a couple of years ago) who, just like me, doesn't like to say the word in our native language ("niesen") and finds it easier to say it in different languages. Same with me. 😅

I think I mentioned it in a different thread as well, but also the word "Schnupfen", which means rhinitis (both cold or allergy related), is a... very private word to me, so I do my best to avoid it. 

Interesting to see most of us are feeling the same here!