Sneeze Fetish Forum

Question, Am I Allowed To Let The Forum Know My Real Name

theultimatesneezelover

theultimatesneezelover

Am I allowed to let the forum know my real name.

I ask because I don't want to break the rules. I love and respect this forum, and I would never knowly break the rules of the forum.

Thanks, fuckyeahsneezes, I did not know that.

Don't listen to me, theultimatesneezelover, I was clearly dropped on the head when I was a baby (kidding) stunned.gif .

I can't see any reason why you would want or need to do that though.

theultimatesneezelover

Sneeze Fetish Forum Constitution

Article V

Rule 5

"Our members value their privacy. As such, we do not permit the posting of personal details (yours or anyone else's) in open forum. You may share your own personal information in your profile (e-mail, messenger IDs, etc.). You may *not* share personal information about another member anywhere on the forum, be it posting, blogging or in chat. As well, we strongly discourage our underage members from posting any personal details in their profiles, for their protection."

In other words, you're not allowed to display your real name in the open forum. The only place you can give out your personal info is on your profile page, and I think that's restricted to your email address and messenger IDs (Yahoo, Skype, AIM, kik, etc.).

And under NO circumstance are you allowed to reveal personal information of other forum members anywhere on the forum. (I'm pretty sure that applies even to personal/private messages.)

Thank You.

I don't think that refers to names, so much as contact information. People have shared their real names before and I've never known it to be a problem. Regardless of the rules though, I personally would not recommend sharing your real name with the forum at large. I did, years ago, and I wish I hadn't.

i think it would be kinda silly if someone weren't allowed to share THEIR OWN name here...its your name, youre not revealing anything private about anyone else, and im sure one understands the risks, if any, when giving out their names here. itd probably be a bigger deal if you were to...share something like a phone number or address lolmy real name is Ruby. if anyone from real life somehow finds out, oh well. ill live

Regardless of the rules though, I personally would not recommend sharing your real name with the forum at large.

I have to imagine that if I wrote my full name on the forum, a Google search of my name would come back with this forum as one of the results. So noooooo thank you.

Regardless of the rules though, I personally would not recommend sharing your real name with the forum at large.

I have to imagine that if I wrote my full name on the forum, a Google search of my name would come back with this forum as one of the results. So noooooo thank you.

Thankfully I wasn't quite foolish enough to share my full name, only my first name, but I still wish I hadn't.

Thankfully I wasn't quite foolish enough to share my full name, only my first name, but I still wish I hadn't.

^^ This. I used to sign my posts (because I did on my other forums), and I seriously regret doing so now. My given name is an unusual one, and I'm perpetually afraid that someone from my real life will one day find me here. :(

Please do not share your full name here publically on the boards. Some people have shared first names in the past, (that isn't against the rules) but in my personal opinion even that is inadvisable.

I think sharing of your own name privately is absolutely fine. I mean, a lot of people here know my full name.

However, like Vet said, I certainly wouldn't advise sharing it on the public boards and it is against the rules to share someone else's personal details.

Some people use their name as their forum handle. *shrug*

^This^

Because it doesn't really matter if you would like to share a little bit of your name (like others have said, best not to share the full name)

but it wont make a difference if people refer to you as 'Sarah' or if they refer to you as 'sn33zer1238'.

Personally, I would stick with just keeping it to a username unless it's with a specific (safe) person on here.

Am I allowed to let the forum know my real name.

I ask because I don't want to break the rules. I love and respect this forum, and I would never knowly break the rules of the forum.

Hi, my name is Jeremy. What's yours?

Actually, some people do have first and last names as their forum user ID. I had to double check because I thought I remembered an old one. But a quick glance through the members would show that quite a few people have done this.

Actually, some people do have first and last names as their forum user ID. I had to double check because I thought I remembered an old one. But a quick glance through the members would show that quite a few people have done this.

Really? That seems fairly inadvisable... I mean, first name is one thing (if like Myown and I you don't have an unusual one), but having your full name as your handle just seems like asking to be found.

Unless you post here A LOT and your name is super uncommon, a google search algorithm is waaaaaaaay more likely to turn up Facebook results than posts from this place.

And yeah, I wouldn't use my full name either. But those who did are probably not being stalked.

Unless you post here A LOT and your name is super uncommon, a google search algorithm is waaaaaaaay more likely to turn up Facebook results than posts from this place.

And yeah, I wouldn't use my full name either. But those who did are probably not being stalked.

I was more thinking the other way around, that someone from here, knowing your full name, would easily be able to find you on facebook. But then again, unless the name was uncommon it would probably still be unlikely that someone would know which John Smith or whatever on facebook was the same one as on here.

Well, I have my name in my ID, but it's fairly common and I doubt anyone cares enough to Google my name. yay.gif Unless that's against the rules, in which case I should probably change it! whistling.gif

I've only ever disclosed my first name on the public forums ONCE, but I have an uncommon first name.

Same here. Not an uncommon name per se, just a name with an incredibly unique spelling.

I was more thinking the other way around, that someone from here, knowing your full name, would easily be able to find you on facebook. But then again, unless the name was uncommon it would probably still be unlikely that someone would know which John Smith or whatever on facebook was the same one as on here.

I was thinking that way too, Ouro- person from here finding stuff other places. I had a scary enough experience once upon a time without putting that info out to the general forum. If I'm ok with someone knowing... that's fine (and I do have friends from here that I'm friends w/ on other places), but... to be honest there are people that I do *not* want to have anything but maybe the vaguest personal info.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I don't want to put my full name here either because I'm aware of the risk. But if I'm being honest, I still realize it's not that huge of a risk. The only reason I said what I did is because people have already been doing it for years, and someone has expressed interest in doing it now, even though there's some unclear interpretation of the rules.

Sometimes, though, those are made up. I know a member from this forum that has a 'first and last name' user ID and neither of those names are his real name.

Archived