Sneeze Fetish Forum

Official Secret Santa 2014/2015 Thread - PMs Sent December 2

bloom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did :awesum: I'm working on all the matchups as we speak (and Puddin has kindly decided to lend me a hand with that too). I already like a fourth of the way through this, picking up speed, must continue until my eyes fall out

I will haul ass to your location with a Box O' Joe (assuming you like coffee; if not, I'll drink it) and a custom Secret Santa playlist that'll PUMP. YOU. UP.

Go, Mint, go! (My keyboard wanted so badly to call you Milk.) Thank you for enduring the drudgery of matching everyone to make us happy :D or whatever your motives are... :omg:

Because I'm a completely crazed lunatic, I started working on these as soon as I got on the computer today and instead of being sent out on the 5th like I initially said they would be, everybody's matchup PMs will be sent out...

Tomorrow. :awesum:

...I would have done it tonight but I have been encouraged by several people to take a break so that's what I'm gonna do. :lol: (Let it never be said that I am incapable of taking peoples' advice.)

But yeah, so, uh, because I'm an insane event planner everything's ahead of schedule, so keep an eye on your inboxes tomorrow because your matchups are heading your way! :dancesequence:

SO EXCITED~~ Thanks again for all your heard work Mint <3!

w00t.gif Sooo excited!! Thank you so much for organizing this. I can't even imagine how complicated it must be to match everyone. Will now compulsively check my email for my match.

Thanks for all your hard work, Mint!! I know you've spent hours trying to match all of us, and I am glad you finally took a well-deserved break :)

You are awesome :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the messages have all been sent! I am going to harass Puddin kindly nudge Puddin to edit the topic's title to reflect this. :zippy:

So, okay, MOST of my work is done here! Hopefully I will be entirely unneeded for the rest of the event :P But if I'm not, you guys know how to reach me and that I'm willing to help however I can.

You wanna know something? In total we've had FORTY-SEVEN entrants. That is so many people so there is going to be a HUUUUGE flurry of activity on the forum in the next few weeks and it's going to be completely rad. I'm so pleased with the turn out and so happy so many people were interested to join. :D

You wanna know something? In total we've had FORTY-SEVEN entrants. That is so many people so there is going to be a HUUUUGE flurry of activity on the forum in the next few weeks and it's going to be completely rad. I'm so pleased with the turn out and so happy so many people were interested to join.

oh my lord

my heart skipped a beat

I LOVE CHRISTMAS

I CAN'T WAIT FOR EVERYTHING

You wanna know something? In total we've had FORTY-SEVEN entrants. That is so many people so there is going to be a HUUUUGE flurry of activity on the forum in the next few weeks and it's going to be completely rad. I'm so pleased with the turn out and so happy so many people were interested to join.

YOU GUYS, I FORGOT ABOUT SECRET SANTA. UGH, I'M SO SUCKY. Whelp, I guess next year then! (Unless, of course, you still need anyone to help out with the people who are unable to deliver their gifts, which I would gladly be available. :) ) But anyway, 47 entries is amazing. Great job, Mint! I can't wait to see all the new content that's going to show up! Christmas is going to be awesome! :D:xmas:

...I've had my thing done for a couple of days now but I can't decide wether to post it as soon as possible or on 24th or 25th. lol

I mean

If I wait I might end up adding something to it and the receiver would get it at a more appropriate time but I also might end up declaring the thing terrible, throw it away and try and fail to do something else. xD

...I've had my thing done for a couple of days now but I can't decide wether to post it as soon as possible or on 24th or 25th. lol

I mean

If I wait I might end up adding something to it and the receiver would get it at a more appropriate time but I also might end up declaring the thing terrible, throw it away and try and fail to do something else. xD

To be honest, I feel like waiting for mine is half the fun tonguesmiley.gif Maybe wait a few days? (And don't scrap it) I pretty much finished mine, but as long as there's time, I'm still going to add to it.

I mean

To be honest, I feel like waiting for mine is half the fun tonguesmiley.gif Maybe wait a few days? (And don't scrap it) I pretty much finished mine, but as long as there's time, I'm still going to add to it.

Then there's also that as more people start finishing with their contributions the more submissions there will be and many might aim to post theirs at a "proper" time. So basically by posting it now you might avoid your submission getting lost in a sea of submissions.

Don't post yet, it's for Christmas! Of course it's not going to get lost. Everyone will be dang sure to search for theirs until they've found it. :yes:

Nyyaaahhhhh how are you guys done already?? I've written like, 400 words maybe, and that's barely anything! Think it might be a long one hyukhyukhyuk.

I'm seriously impressed at those who have done. Mine will probably be posted 11.59pm on 5th January... :shifty:

Nyyaaahhhhh how are you guys done already?? I've written like, 400 words maybe, and that's barely anything! Think it might be a long one hyukhyukhyuk.

I'm seriously impressed at those who have done. Mine will probably be posted 11.59pm on 5th January... shifty.gif

Mine will probably be posted 11.59pm on 5th January..

Don't worry, Puds. This will be me as well. heh.gif

I will knock your heads together. Bonk! :bleh:

Nah, seriously though, in general I wouldn't worry about anybody's entry being lost in the shuffle. I also totally meant to include in that really unnecessarily long PM I sent with everyone's matches to ping me when you put your entry up so I could keep track, but I forgot, so I'll have to do it manually now, oops. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this up as a reminder that the deadline for posting your gift is January 7th! As stated in my PM, please let me know ASAP if you're going to be late or unable to fulfill your gift so I can let your recipient know and make other arrangements.

We've still got 26 out of 47 gifts to be posted so I'm hoping I see a huge flurry of activity in the next week! I'll probably be sending PMs to people who haven't posted by around the 3rd or 4th - I'm not trying to nag but I am trying to make sure this all flows as smoothly as it possibly can!

Last call reminder that the deadline's tomorrow! A couple of you have gotten back to me and told me you would be late, so you're fine - as long as I have had some back-and-forth with you it's all gravy.

I want to talk briefly about how I plan on handling make-up gifts out in the open here because I would be (pleasantly!) surprised if there were 15+ entries posted within the next 36 or so hours. If you have posted your gift or communicated with me that it might be a little late, I will do my best to arrange a make-up gift for you in the event your gifter flakes on you entirely. If you flake entirely, or if you do not communicate with me at all and you post your gift after the 7th (even if your gifter flakes on you) I will not arrange a make-up gift to be made for you. Really I'm going above and beyond what I reasonably need to do with the idea of make-up gifts at all, so I can really only arrange them for people who have made some effort to communicate with me about the status of their end of the whole thing, even if they end up making good on their gift after the deadline. I feel like a hardass doing this but I have to have the deadline exist for a reason, it can't be entirely arbitrary. :lol:

So! That's it for now. Hopefully, you will all render the above utterly moot by all posting your gifts today and tomorrow but I just wanted to put it out there so everybody knows what my game plan is, just in case. Thanks! :D

Okay, I swear this is the last post I'll be making here. :lol: I promise I'm not trying to be a spamlord, I'm just trying to provide updates...

There are four people who are still working on their entries but they are all people I have total confidence in, so for most of you who are missing your gift, rest assured that people are working on them! There is one questionable flaker and there were two definite ones (luckily someone who flaked was flaked on and so there was no need to arrange their makeup gift), but people are already working on makeups for the two people that might need to receive them. So for the 6 of you who are yet to receive your end of the exchange, I've taken care of everything and you should be getting them shortly. If anything changes I will certainly let you know.

So... that more or less concludes this year's Secret Santa. I'm so happy with how everything turned out and I hope everybody had a good time creating and receiving their gifts! This was a seriously huge undertaking with 47 different tastes to account for and I poured a LOT of time and effort into this event, so I really hope everybody is more or less satisfied with what they got. I want to thank everybody for taking so much interest in the event and for being such good participants - now that the madness is over I'm sure I'll even start looking forward to planning next year's eventually. :P

Thanks again! :heart:

Archived