Sneeze Fetish Forum

Photic Reflex Fading with Age

C-Money

I know that this shouldn't happen because it is a genetic trait, but it seems that the photic sneeze reflex has started getting weaker in me as I've gotten older. It's kind of disappointing honestly.

When I was a kid, I could always walk outside on a sunny day and sneeze usually a double and at least a single just from looking up. I can't get that reaction anymore. I find it just hurts my eyes to look at the sun now. If I feel a sneeze coming however, looking at a light source will still usually bring it out.

Has anyone else experienced this? Either maybe developed a photic reflex where there wasn't one before or lost one that used to bring satisfaction (or dissatisfaction for those of you who don't enjoy sneezing)?

So weird! It's actually the opposite for me. You and I are the same age (according to your profile) but for me it's kind of reversed... I used to only be able to get a single sneeze from the light, never anything more, but now as an adult I can easily sneeze 7+ times just from sitting in a room with big windows on a sunny day.

So weird! It's actually the opposite for me. You and I are the same age (according to your profile) but for me it's kind of reversed... I used to only be able to get a single sneeze from the light, never anything more, but now as an adult I can easily sneeze 7+ times just from sitting in a room with big windows on a sunny day.

Pretty much what I was typing, Sen! :lol:

I have to agree with OP I'm afraid - though I'm much older. I remember at one stage I would sneeze every time I came out from lunch in the local canteen and the sun was out - colleagues would comment on it. Now it only happens once in a while. I'm glad to see that for some people it gets stronger though

Mine seems to be stronger in Winter. Something about cold air and sunlight. I usually sneeze daily in the parking lot at work around this time of the year.

That is really weird that it's happening exactly opposite for us lol, though I was never able to get 7+. It seems that you are the luckier out of us two.

Mine seems to be stronger in Winter. Something about cold air and sunlight. I usually sneeze daily in the parking lot at work around this time of the year.

I notice that sometimes it can be especially bright in the winter if there is snow or ice on the ground reflecting the sun and just making it bright all around you, maybe this is a possibility?