Sneeze Fetish Forum

Life sucks, then you die. What you guys think?

MikeAngel

I think this probably belongs in Off Topic, or maybe even the Snake Pit.

Furthermore, if I may tie a bit of an impenetrable verbal knot here, I'd say life always sucks sometimes, but life also sometimes doesn't always suck.

Moved to Off Topic as the OP can't post in the Pit yet, so please keep it civil, ladies and gents.

Carry on! ^_^

I don't really know what you mean by "what do you guys think" because it's kind of a broad topic. But yeah like Blah said, life's gonna suck sometimes, but then it's also not gonna suck other times also.

I know it's a cliché, but for most people life is what you make it.

There are good things that happen, things to enjoy, experiences to be had, aims and achievements to strive for and all sorts of positive things if we look for them. Conversely, bad things will happen, we will be upset/sad/miserable at times and life won't always work out in the way we want it to.

Unfortunately, and sadly, there are some unlucky people who get dealt a terrible hand and life really does suck for them, whether it be health issues or poverty or personal/family tragedy or suchlike.

My heart goes out to those people, but for most of us, as I said, I think it's a mixture of good and bad.

I agree with that statement more than I probably should. I mean, y'all others have a point with there being goods and bads, but yeah...

You have to choose to be positive. It's not always the easy choice, by the way. However, I firmly disagree with the whole "life sucks and then you die" mantra. Has my life sucked? You bet your ass, it has. Did it pass? Yes. It always does. And when I die? It's going to be a big PARTY in the afterlife with all kinds of spiritual shenanigans. I'll take it. :yes:

Life's a mixed bag of marbles, there will always a mixture of good days and bad days. Though there are those who seem to have more bad days than good ones, life is what you make of it.

life is what you make of it.

This.

Agree and disagree. Even though you do have effect on most of the things in your life, there are some aspects that could potentially make your life 'suck' and not a lot that can be done about it.

life is what you make of it.

This.

Agree and disagree. Even though you do have effect on most of the things in your life, there are some aspects that could potentially make your life 'suck' and not a lot that can be done about it.

But how you react to said "sucky" experience truly defines whether it does actually suck or it doesn't. I mean, some things really do suck, but how you cope and handle them determines how bad the situation actually is and whether you allow it to impact your life in such a way that you describe it as "sucking".

Okay, but if you go blind and deaf, and then you get paralyzed from the neck down, for example, you'd have to be one positive motherfucker to be able to look on the bright side of something like that. Well, I guess maybe you could learn how to be entertained by some of your other senses, such as taste and smell.

Anyway, I don't think that life sucks or doesn't suck; it's like saying people are good or bad. Some things in life suck and some things in life don't suck. Whether I'm going to be positive or negative about it depends on whether the good outweighs the bad, and my current mood might have something to do with it. Of course I might try to find ways to work around the bad stuff, and it's always good to try and turn the bad shit around and make it somehow work in your favor if that's possible, though sometimes it's not.

I agree with the "then you die" part because, well. That's what happens, right?

Bondi has a point... there are some things that pretty much suck, no matter what you make of them. On the other hand, I wouldn't have asked for a lot of things I went through in life and they definitely sucked, but the end result of those things has made me who I am and there are a lot of things about my life now that I like. So add me to the "mixed bag" camp.

Life sucks, then you die. What you guys think?

it certainly feels that way sometimes, and I think that should be respected. Pain, physical or emotional is real, and a person's experience of that should be respected and taken seriously. The intent of saying things like "life is what you make of it" is undoubtedly good, but as often as not it just comes out sounding dismissing or downright victim blaming. All this talk of "choosing" and "letting". That's putting the onus on the person in pain and that's really not okay. Obviously I can only speak from my own experience, but in my experience hearing that sort of thing has only ever made me feel worse, like it's my own fault that I'm not happy.

Edited by Jormungandr

I agree with life is what you make out of it. Even if it legitimately sucks. There are still amazing people that make the best out of terrible situations. I want to be that strong. I don't want to be like the people who go through their day complaining about everything big and small.

I mean, some things really do suck, but how you cope and handle them determines how bad the situation actually is and whether you allow it to impact your life in such a way that you describe it as "sucking".

This is also what I wanted to add but was far too lazy to do so earlier.

It makes me think of all those motivational speakers who have faced some really terrible stuff and then talk about how it made them a better person. They could have just felt bad for themselves and expected everyone else to accommodate them, but instead, they leaned on those they felt safe with and not to use an old cliche, but made lemonade out of lemons. Sometimes, hearing what other people have to go through makes others realize that they can handle what they have going on in their lives, too, which is always a good thing. *shrugs* But, that's just my input. Obviously, we all have varying degrees of 'suck' and varying degrees of tolerance to 'suck' and that is what makes us all unique (even if some people's inability to tolerate anything really bugs the crap out of me, and this is of course, very much a generalization and for sure not meant for anyone here).