Sneeze Fetish Forum

Record players?

AltoFairy

Hey all~!

I was wondering if anyone uses/has record players? I got one a few months back and have started using it intensely, I clean all my records and the needle but even my new albums are kind of crackly. Experiences on the subject, records in general or the problem?

<3, Fairy

Records are crackly. That's why we stopped using them and switched to CDs. (CDs are shiny, smaller record like things that we used before downloading.)

I'm not making fun of you, I'm just laughing at my own age. Seriously, that's just kind of how they are. It's part of the appeal.

We had a record player when I was a child (a few centuries ago) - or a gramophone as it was known by some in those days! :P

It was so crackly and periodically the needle would jump about. Certain songs therefore lacked bits in the middle :P

So yeah, CDs and now iPods make the listening experience almost unrecognisable compared to my childhood.

I have one. I prefer to listen to it when I want to fill the room with music, since my puny laptop and phone speakers don't do that. I like the scratchy sound, it's soothing to me.

How are you cleaning your records, just for clarification's sake? Do you use a cloth or a record brush? Because a cloth could leave bits of material behind and actually be harming the listening experience. But yes, as others have said, records will always have a bit of a scratchy quality at points but I find I can hear a better quality of individual tone from different instruments which is why some music nerds have stuck with the trusty LP format :)

How are you cleaning your records, just for clarification's sake? Do you use a cloth or a record brush? Because a cloth could leave bits of material behind and actually be harming the listening experience. But yes, as others have said, records will always have a bit of a scratchy quality at points but I find I can hear a better quality of individual tone from different instruments which is why some music nerds have stuck with the trusty LP format smile.png

I've got a record brush, I was playing around with the player earlier and I think the sound problem I was hearing earlier is actually something in the speakers. It got moved last week and was in a car and everything so it was jostled around.

I personally find the crackling quite appealing with some genres. To me, almost anything sounds better on vinyl. Also, make sure you have a good needle and that the arm of the record player is set to the proper height and tension. That can ruin your records, if it isn't! :)

Btw, it pleases me to see someone else enjoying a record player, especially someone younger than me. :yes: