Sneeze Fetish Forum

Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten?

ICan'tThinkOfAnything

This wasn't actually said TO me. I overheard it.

The very last time I saw both of my grandparents alive, I had just graduated from college, had gotten engaged, and was in the process of buying my first home. They were so, so proud. These two people took such good care of me when no one else even acknowledged me. Without them, I might not even be alive. As I walking out of the door, I closed it and stood there for a moment and I overheard my grandfather say, "That's the smartest, kindest, most beautiful little girl in the world." My grandmother agreed and said they were lucky to have me.

Those were the last words I ever heard them say. Best memory ever.

aw!!twitchsmile.gif
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I walking out of the door, I closed it and stood there for a moment and I overheard my grandfather say, "That's the smartest, kindest, most beautiful little girl in the world." My grandmother agreed and said they were lucky to have me.

Those were the last words I ever heard them say. Best memory ever.

Cue me crying. That's beautiful, Geist. :hug: I didn't know either set of my grandparents well. You're a lucky gal smile.png

For me, I think one of the best compliments I ever received was when I was discussing the fact I'd moved alone to another country (even thought it's a country I'm fairly familiar with and have extended family in), found my own place, started a new job in a leadership role at a company where I knew no one, and settled into a new city all by myself. Someone I told asked me to clarify that I'd come alone and not with a significant other. I reiterated that I'd come all by myself to which they replied "Wow. You're really brave."

I've very rarely felt brave ever in my life. I still remind myself of the sentiment when things feel a bit scary smile.png

Honestly, someone complimenting me on my writing... wubsmiley.gif

I mean, when someone compliments me on my outfit, fine but, I can show you someone else it'll look better on.

But, my writing, thats all MINE!!!

When I was an RA, I had a resident trying to get out of a noise violation tell me I look like Jennifer Lawrence.

...But actually, when I've been told that I'm supportive. That's something that I admire in others and strive for in myself, so it means a lot.

Haha, I come to think about when TYS said, in the most appreciative, gleeful voice ever: "Oh honey, you are one twisted evil bitch!" That is one of my top compliments still! :lol: Yes, it had something to do with the fetish, some story I wrote or some scenario I made up. :lol:

Some time ago, someone told me I look a bit like a young Kirstie Alley. I'm not entirely sure if it was meant as a compliment or an insult, but since I crushed pretty hard on Virgilia in "North and South" and she has exciting eyes, I decided to take it as a compliment. I disagree; I don't think I look at all like Kirstie Alley, but I still think it's a very interesting compliment... :lol:

This wasn't directed at me, I got it secondhand, but someone once told a friend of mine several years ago, "he loves the truth." It just struck me as so unusual of a kind of thing to say about somebody, but also clearly rare praise.

• 8 months later...

AAHH this JUST happened to me like two days ago: I was walking down the sidewalk in my town and this little girl playing in front of her house just yells out to me "I LOVE your shoes!" in like the sassiest voice ever. Like yussss!!! :lol1: if your fashion gets complimented by a four year old you know you're doin' it right!!

Also, something I've gotten a few times and is a thing which is always super flattering and that I never know how to deal with is that I should have my own TV show. I honestly have no idea where that even comes from, but thank you???!! Happy to entertain you lol!!! :zippy2:

I have very kind eyes

I agree with this! You certainly do. They are also lovely. :heart:

This came from me didn't it??? If not then, well... you already know I agree!

Mine was from a very old friend whom I've known and respected since I was 14. Last year during a really low point in my life, he told me, "You have a uniquely beautiful voice and soul. I've known you for a long time, and I've always been amazed by the depth to which you care about others. Those same people care so much about you, too."

This was so precious to me because of the way and the time it was presented. I'll never forget how it made me feel.

I'll do one in real life and one for online life.

Best real life comment (or at least the one I remember the most), I worked in daycare for years, when I was about 2 years into it I had a mom tell me her husband was offered a job in another state and she had him turn it down because she didn't want anyone else taking care of her daughter. Seriously that has stuck with me for 10 years. I adored this parent for so many reasons.

Best online, I've been referred to by several friends as the "big-sister" type. Like they can tell me anything, somehow I come across that way online.

I have gotten a few compliments in the past about my aesthetic and my humour and other such things, but none have made me feel as good as one of my friends at work.

I was talking to him on our work communicator (basically MSN for our office) and we were having a really in depth discussion about censorship and after a few back-and-forths, I typed out this really long post to him and he just replied with "...wow. you are wasted working in this place."

Like... that probably shouldn't have made me feel as good as it did? xD I think for me, after really messing around at school and kinda derailing a bit, I came away with poorer grades than what I could have gotten. And also, I tend to present myself with the fun, upbeat, kinda silly parts of my personality so I probably don't come across as particularly intelligent to other people, but whenever someone comments or commends my intelligence, I just get all ^_________^

So, yeah, that compliment will always stick with me :lol:

I'm so glad this topic was bumped back up! It's so 'feel good' as opposed to what's been going around here lately. :)

I know I already added a response here, but I thought of another that I'll always remember. One of my few devoted readers on fanfiction compared my works to Issac Asimov and also said I had real talent (as well as a lot of other genuine nice things). I've read his reviews over so many times, but especially when I am writing and feel the need for a confidence boost!

Oh, and a more recent one, because it was necessary: "You have that forever youthful look about you" from my friend. I'm pretty sure she said it because I'd only been bitching about turning NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS for the better part of a week/month/you get the idea, but STILL, I loved hearing it!!! :heart:

In high school, a girl once told me that she loves my voice and that I sound awesome when I talk. I didn't quite believe it at the time, but it did make me feel good considering how insecure I was about my voice as a teen. (I have a slight speech impediment)

When I was at university, someone said to me 'you're the only sane person in this whole damn town'. They were drunk, I was drunk; but still it has stayed with me to this day :lol:

Torn between two.

So I'm a big film person, wanna have a career in the film industry and my whole life basically revolves around films. My idol is Christopher Nolan and once when I worked at a cinema I snuck away from the counter into a screening room so I could watch the brand new trailer for his next film, and when I told my friend about it she said "Maybe some day people will hide in cinemas to watch trailers for your films too". That will never ever leave me.

Also once another of my close friends' was asked on an anonymous question site to describe his favourite person and he described me, and when the asker said they thought he'd say a famous person or inspiration he replied "Nah, I'd be nowhere without my buddy". Again, never forgotten it.

Best compliment I've ever received was seriously, "You make crime sound glamorous".

^life goals

My favourites include:

1) when I was hanging out with two of my acquaintances, one of them stole my cap (my fashion sense is atrocious and the said cap was the colour of cotton candy, fluffy, had bear ears and attached gloves) and the other one told her that she looked ridiculous and she replied "Well, not everyone is Smooshi and only she can make it work."

2) "You're the most successful stalker I know"

3) a charming note on the first page of my second playlet calling me "a prodigy" and asking me "to continue writing for theatre" (I tried, but MDD got there first).

"You'd be my partner for life."

This requires an explanation, since it wasn't romantic at all. I was hanging out with a friend CJ and we were talking about survival plans (yes we are strange) for if an EMP ever gets launched at us and the country ends up getting plunged into anarchy. I have a torn rotater cuff right now and my shoulder joint is tilted out of socket a bit. Anyway, we were walking through the woods scoping out the area and just reminising, and he sneezed. To be clear here, yes it turned me on since we used to have a thing and I've always found his sneezes to be hugely sexy, but when in an unfamiliar area I'm automatically on edge very nervous and jumpy. So he jerked forward (very powerful sneeze, especially since he has a bad cold I may post this in an obs not sure yet) and I reached over put my bad arm around his front to hold him up and wrapped my other arm around his back, looking around like there's some danger coming (don't judge it's not my fault). He sniffed and looked at me, then touched my shoulder and lowered my arm down so it wouldn't hurt quite so bad moving it. Then he said it: "When the shit hits the fan, if you're still half the woman you've always been, you'd be my partner for life." Best compliment I've ever gotten, even if it was hugely painful.

Someone complimented my traps (trapezius muscles) at the gym the other day. Damn, if I was a dude I'd be the hunky rugby player type!

Unrelated, but a colleague called me a "dissection artist" the other day (I'm a scientist) and that made me feel very proud indeed.

I love this topic :)

I have a few, because why pin yourself to just one compliment? hahaha :P

1) I've had compliments from teachers about my writing since I was young, but my favorite one was from my last creative writing teacher (who I ADORED). She read my story and the first thing she said was 'This is really almost perfect.' I don't know why it made me feel so good, but she was just so real and down to earth that a compliment from her made me glow.

2) Just the other day, I went to talk to some people in a different department at the place I work, and as soon as I walked into the room one of the girls gave me the brightest smile and said, 'kendisima, you're so pretty'. It was so random! And so sweet! It made me feel so good! I love girls giving girls compliments.

3) My boss just promoted me, but my favorite thing he's said was actually to my entire little team (I'm a lead hostess, and work with 4 other hostesses). He said, 'I've worked here on and off for 15 years, and this is the best host team we've ever had'. I was so pumped, he's such a cool guy and having his approval made me feel on top of the world.

I'm happiest when someone compliments my writing~ :blushsmiley:

I've gotten a few reviews saying I made them laugh out loud in a public place/on public transport, and I honestly can't think of a better compliment to receive... :blush::blushing:

"You're the most intelligent person I've ever met." Surprised the hell out of me. :stunned:

"Your literary skills are Awesome" :watsup:

And I've been complimented on my voice a few times

Archived