Sneeze Fetish Forum

Best Compliment You've Ever Gotten?

ICan'tThinkOfAnything

One from earlier tonight I'm still riding the high of: That I'm "[...] vulnerable [...] but also hard as a fucking coffin nail when need be." I really want to be balanced that way, and somebody telling me that I come across like that is awesome, and really kind of made my whole night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, mine sticks in my mind because it reminds me there's life outside of the wilderness of high school and I'm not going to shell myself out to the first taker.

It was "Whoever ends up with you, later in life, marrying you, is extremely lucky, because you're not just a good body. Your mind is awake, and you have this undying sort of loyalty. You're not just a pretty face, and that's a hidden treasure. You're the kind of girl to make a wife."

I think I'll carry that gem with me the rest of my life.

The best compliment I ever got was in art class. We were making structures out of wine corks, and I was trying to make a little person. I was mad because the cork-man was lopsided and kept falling over, so I was yelling the randomest things (i.e. "STAND UP, YOU PEASANT!") and my friend looked over at me and said, "You're such a legit person, you know that?" That made my day.

• 8 months later...

This might not be the best compliment I've gotten but it's definitely the weirdest. Because it doesn't sound at all like a compliment, but it was meant as one.

"You've got cult leader eyes."

Uhmm... thanks...? She meant that my eyes are intense and can almost be hypnotic when I really stare at someone, which I've heard complaints about since I was a kid and is one of the reasons I often try to avoid eye contact - other people tend to think it's unpleasant. She assured me she did mean it in a good way, but I kind of struggle to see how cult leader eyes can be a compliment, unless you really have a thing for making others drinking Kool-Aid. :huh::lol:

I have had many but here's one C is the first freind i made in highschool and we graduated together and A is me

(Random day)

A: C what did you think of when you first saw me?

C: I thought you were just some kid, but OH MY GOD THE MINUTE YOU OPENED YOUR MOUTH I knew I HAD to be friends with you.

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT PURE HONESTY OMG  

here's one more

I was chatting with everyone in chat one of those people happened to be Kaze

and she goes and says "You are one of the most positive and bright people on this forum. or something like this and here's me RIP :HERE LIES BMG WHO DIED OF JOY.

THANK YOU KAZE YOU BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF INSPIRATION 

Random person) You're not that bad, I don't know what everyone's always complaining about. 

ME) *shocked silence. Hugs person* 

One time I had some leftover tuna so I brought my cat into the room to give it to her, and she decided that she'd rather sit in my lap and purr for a bit before eating it.  People can say all the words they want, but I will always remember that one time a cat chose me over tuna.

A CAT

Chose ME

Over TUNA

That's dang meaningful right there!

• 3 weeks later...

My 8 year old tried to give me a compliment the other day...I was sick and feeling kinda crappy, and just couldnt face making dinner, so I got fast food instead. After we ate, she said "Wow, thanks mom! That was the best dinner I've had in a long time!"

umm, really? Thanks, I guess  :huh:  :rofl:

Since I started working in my current job I've recieved some of the weirdest and at the same rimw best compliments.

The week before last week I managed to fuck up something at work so that it caused minor damage to one of our clients' property. It wasn't a big deal, we just had to wash smoke off of some stuff. But it could have been much worse and the client was really worried I might get fired and said something along the lines of not wanting to loae me becuse I've done such a good job in general. That was probably the best one? Before this job I hadn't actually had many people expressing thwy appreciate what I do but here it happens from time to time.

• 1 month later...

I told my father's first cousins how my son got his name.  "I told my at that time girlfriend when we were talking about kids that the first born son is named after my father and you don't have a say in that.  She said what don't I get a vote?  I said no, if you have a problem with that don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."  They said "You sounded just like your dad when you said that." 

p.s.  My dad died when I was 16 years old and I was a jerk that whole time.  That was 36 years ago and he is still my hero.  The least I could do is name my first born after him.

• 2 years later...

I don't know why this is the compliment that has always stuck in my mind, but once I had a guy tell me that my eyes are really bubbly. Not beautiful or gorgeous, as is the typical guy compliment, but bubbly. And that's probably the best compliment I've ever gotten, because it was genuine and different. 

A friend of mine once told me something like "Your head is a wonderful place, full of surprises that is so great to get lost in."  Also any time a person has compared my looks to those of a celebrity, especially when it's a celebrity that I admire. It's very flattering. My clothing has received quite a few compliments lately too. 

• 3 weeks later...

In this quite harsh environment were people were pushed to the limit on daily basis, a younger student said: "You're, like, the chill one. You're chill. When you leave, I will try to be a chill one too."

Almost made me cry. I tried so very hard to be someone easy to talk to and chill, even when I was stressed and wanted to take it out on others and lash out and be strict. It made me feel I had succeeded.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure of this would qualify as a content,  but over on PSF we had a secret Santa event and my gifted said this about my gift to them.

"Awwww, of course I love it!  It's super sweet! :D  I absolutely love it and will cherish this.  Thank you and Merry Christmas! Thank you so much. :)" -Soda

I know it may not seem much,  but to put into context of the situation hers what went down.  This past week I was trying to make an animation for her since she really is a wonderful person and I felt like she needed a wonderful gift to show for it. I tried making an animation in inkscape,  but unfortunately along with requests for a collab on a site called Derpibooru and the fact that inkscape and my computer eventually started bugging out— I wouldn't be able to finish it before the deadline. Eventually, the only option I has was to draw something on my phone. While the image itself wasn't that bad looking at it now, I felt horrible that it wasn't going to be anywhere near the scale of the original. After seeing that comment made by here,  it was one of the best things I've experienced this year.

One of my most vivid compliments was from @SleepingPhlox I WILL NEVER FORGET IT OH MY GOD I JUST AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I YOU

WHAT

HOW

NANIIIIIIIIIIIIII

PHLOX Thank you

Archived