Sneeze Fetish Forum

Office Colds (m, f, self)

snowshie

Out of a team of ten, seven people wound up getting sick. Patient Zero came in on a Thursday a few weeks back and I could hear him sniffle as he walked by my cube. The first thing he did when he got behind his desk was make a call. His door was wide open, and I was in full earshot.

"I'm going to have to reschedule our meeting, I woke up with a head cold." His voice was congested, and he blew his nose loudly when he hung up the phone. He had plenty of other off-site meetings, though. The cold wound up being terribly contagious, and I wonder how many others he spread it to. His sneezes were always half-stifled. "HEPPP!" The choo was always missing and he blew his nose right away after.

By Friday, his first victim was down. "Heeeiiiissssssshhh! I'm catching cold, and it's all your fault!" On Monday she seemed to be doing all right, but told me she was feeling like shit. She stuck it out and didn't take any time off, though.

The rest of the week was like working in a clinic. Everyone around me was coughing, sneezing and sniffling. One woman took three days off and came back to work, shuffling around in a pair of slippers and coughing her lungs out. Another had no interest in stifling her (very loud) messy sneezes, and all I could hear was a strong, wet single about once every thirty minutes. "HEEEESHHHHHHHHHHHHooo!" and "HAAAPPPPPPPSHHHHHHHHHHH" sometimes followed by a raspberry, as if she shut her mouth to try and stifle the sound and failed miserably.

My manager called out on Friday, but had to dial in for a meeting that couldn't be rescheduled. "People need to stay home when they're sick! We need a policy for that sort of thing." Her voice was completely wrecked, weak and croaky after just a few hours. It sounded painful.

I wasn't able to escape the office plague, either. I woke up on Sunday morning with my throat burning and my sinuses swollen. Yesterday wasn't too bad, mostly just watery sniffles and a few sneezes. Today? Blech. One side of my nose is completely stopped up and runny, but the other is clear - go figure. I have to blow every twenty minutes or I wind up a mess with my nose running all over the place. I'm not a very sneezy person, but my nose is so itchy and the build-ups are torture. I must look like a complete idiot wandering around with squinchy eyes, hitching like mad. Most of the time, nothing happens and I just wind up with more messy blows. I'm managing one or two wet sneezes and hour. If I'm lucky, I'll get a double. "ESSSHHHHHooooo! Eshhhhoooooo!"

While that part I don't mind, here's hoping I don't wind up coughing my way through Christmas. Ugh.

What a great obs! I love office contagion! Did you end up missing any work? Hope you feel better in time for the holiday!!!