Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sick Cally is sick :(

cally

Ugh. I'm sick. :( And not even the good kind of sick either. It's gone right to my chest and my lungs are killing me. I'm downing cough syrup and using my inhaler like it's going out of style.

I'm slightly congested but not really, so I'm hoping at the very least I might end up with a better sort of illness as it progresses. It's been like a million years since I've last had a natural sneeze, so that would be nice. :lol:

I'm going to sit and sulk and try to do more work. If anyone here knows anything about writing a theoretical framework (the bane of my existence) please feel free to drop me a line.

Im not sure about your paper but I do hope that you feel much better. console.gif

Oh noooo! sad2.gif I hope you feel better soon. hug.gif Chest colds are awwwful. Ugh.

Thank you. I'm feeling miserable. :(

Hope you feel better soon.. Hugs

Thanks.

Still miserable. My chest is absolutely killing. I'm going to try to see my GP tomorrow since everything will then be closed until Monday for New Year here.

My nose is really, really ticklish and it's very frustrating but still no sneezing. :(

Agreed that hot baths and showers are nice for chest colds. If you have one of those heat packs and a microwave, those feel nice resting on your chest while you're snuggled in bed. (If you don't have a pack but you have rice or dry beans, you can also fill a large sock and use that!). Also, I hear Vicks on the bottom of your feet weirdly reduces coughing at night.

Agreed that hot baths and showers are nice for chest colds. If you have one of those heat packs and a microwave, those feel nice resting on your chest while you're snuggled in bed. (If you don't have a pack but you have rice or dry beans, you can also fill a large sock and use that!). Also, I hear Vicks on the bottom of your feet weirdly reduces coughing at night.

I actually have one of those rice things and I did put it on my chest for a bit. I wish it stayed warmer longer, but it did help a bit. :)

Right now I'm at the whiny/exhausted phase of feeling unwell which was not improved when I had to go out earlier to a meeting b/c someone doesn't know how to read their emails. Ugh. Just walking down the street took all of my energy. :(

Sounds like you need a warm bath and a movie! Feel better!

PS - This definitely stirred my curiosity enough to have me look up a definition of a theoretical framework... ouch! That alone would make my head hurt!

I'm so sorry you are sick. I have to say it is that time of year and with influenza A being rampant this year there has been a lot of illness. Professional advice: steam either by hot shower or bath with the Vicks. They used to sell stuff formulated to go in the shower. Johnson and Johnson makes a baby liquid soap with rosemary that works too. Mucinex is good. I hesitate to suggest other meds without knowing your medical history. Studies have shown that chicken soup in particular really does help. Oh,I hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like you need a warm bath and a movie! Feel better!

PS - This definitely stirred my curiosity enough to have me look up a definition of a theoretical framework... ouch! That alone would make my head hurt!

Done and done. The theoretical framework is the bane of my existence! :lol:

I'm so sorry you are sick. I have to say it is that time of year and with influenza A being rampant this year there has been a lot of illness. Professional advice: steam either by hot shower or bath with the Vicks. They used to sell stuff formulated to go in the shower. Johnson and Johnson makes a baby liquid soap with rosemary that works too. Mucinex is good. I hesitate to suggest other meds without knowing your medical history. Studies have shown that chicken soup in particular really does help. Oh,I hope you feel better soon.

I got my flu shot, so I know it isn't that. I suppose it was going to happen eventually. I hadn't been sick in over a year, so I thought I would be ok. Oh well.

I wish they had mucinex in the UK. And tissues with lotion and Vicks. And all of those things you mentioned! I miss the US sometimes. I haven't found any Vicks rub either, but then when I went to the chemist yesterday it was for Sudafed and I didn't think to look.

I'm feeling a bit better today; I didn't even get dressed or move off the couch though, I feel so lazy. Tomorrow I need to get out of the flat. I'm going stir crazy!

Yeah, about that flu shot...here in the US they missed on the influenza A portion. Only about 40% effective against the A strain that is going around. I don't know about the European version, but seeing how it is an international body that makes the call about what strains to use in the vaccine the European vaccine could be equally ineffective. Guaifenesin is the generic name for Mucinex and Vicks is simply mentholatum ointment. Ask the chemist, I bet they have it. Glad you are feeling a little better.

I'm feeling better enough, but still not back to normal. I'm at the I'm really bored stage of being sick; where all I want to be is better so I can DO something like go to the gym or run errands. I did manage to walk to Starbucks and the grocery store today, but I could have slept for the rest of the afternoon afterwards. Still no sneezing. :( I'm so broken. :lol:

I'm happy to hear you are continuing to feel better. Sorry about the lack of sneezing. It must not be that kind of bug.

That's so weird how you can go through a whole cold and not sneeze once.

I've sneezed twice in the past year and a half. (not counting inducing) I honestly think I'm broken somehow, to the point I might actually have to ask my doctor about it. I have allergies, and last spring/summer was awful as I would be all itchy/teary but never sneezed.