Sneeze Fetish Forum

Has anyone ever been found out without prompt?

Europa

This just occurred to me (in replying to another post): has anyone ever guessed that you or someone you've heard of had a sneezing fetish without direct mention of it? I've heard of people being found out because they were caught on this forum or dropping obvious hints, but I'm wondering if a non-fetishist has ever figured out that someone has the fetish just by noticing their reaction to sneezing or something along those lines.

In my mind, a sneezing fetish is just going to seem way too random to anyone who hasn't heard of it, and so it would never occur to them. But I could imagine if someone notices a close friend blushing or looking around every time a sneeze happens, they might put the pieces together.

In my mind, a sneezing fetish is just going to seem way too random to anyone who hasn't heard of it, and so it would never occur to them.

I agree. If someone isn't familiar with fetishism to the level we are, "sneezing fetish" isn't going to be the first idea that comes to mind. I never have had anyone guess it without prompting, and I think you'd need a very, very observant friend for them to approach you and say, "You always engage women in conversation when they sneeze (OR) You always blush and shift in your seat and look away when women sneeze. What's wrong with you? Does it turn you on?"

That being said, I'm curious to see if anyone has had it happen!

I've been found out without dropping too much of a hint. Aside from my occasional hurt/comfort art but even nonfetishists make that so ya know..but it was another fetishist that caught me lol

My sister caught me many years ago. Although I'm not sure if it was because she snooped in my Internet history when we were on a shared computer; she did stalk me on the forum for some time without me knowing. I told her off that I never want to talk about it and she has respected that. It's pretty much the only thing I'm uncomfortable when it comes to her; otherwise I tell her everything. But ugh, family members and fetish should never mix.

I've been found out by other sneeze fetishists, but not by anyone else xD The one time I came close was because I didn't clear my web history >w>''

I have a friend who's pretty much figured it out, I think. I haven't confronted her about it, but she just - I let her see a lot of my writing and drawings, and there's just a high percentage of cold-related content in there. She just definitely knows, at least on a basic level, even though I've never directly said anything. ^^;

Just once. I used a public art gallery site (geared towards M/M art) and uploaded a drawing of a character from Hellsing sneezing. One single commentor said, "Ohhh, I get it, this is a fetish?" based on a couple of other very vague but tangentially related pieces in my gallery.

I was too impressed to be embarrassed, and confirmed it. Nothing really came of it, I just thought it was funny and odd that such a random comment from someone I didn't know would "out" it.

Once upon a time I also had a Livejournal friend (or two) who were into sneezing and I found out secondary to our friendship. Such a surreal realization!

Many, many years ago, a friend of mine enthusiastically suggested an anime to me with the motivation that one of the characters sneezed in it. "You'd love it!" :blink: I was completely dumbfounded, but pretended not to know what she meant. As far as I know, I had never told her about the fetish, or even talked about anything sneeze related in her presence. It was the weirdest thing. She never brought it up again. The hell? :lol:

I was found out once, but the [expletive of preference] who found it out about me was also paying an unhealthy/scary amount of attention to me/how i responded to different things, sooooooo i think mostly it doesn't count???

I think as far as normal people go, there was this one guy who looked at me kind of funny after one, bc i totally hadn't even realized i was staring, *cough* and blushing, but that was in like 8th grade :lol: and he never brought it up ^_^

I certainly feel that I have been caught out a time or two, although no one has actually tried to engage me in conversation about it, because honestly its going to be a bit embarrassing for them too. Even if I caught someone out about a fetish I just can't imagine myself breaking in something like 'hey, so I've noticed you've got a thing for feet... care to discuss?' :lol:

That's really impressive that people have worked it out (except for the stalker... That must have been horribly unpleasant). Awkwardness aside, it's kind of cool to think that even deeply held secrets show inadvertently to people who care. Somehow I feel like even if most of us would hate the idea, that maybe it's somehow 'good for' people to not be completely opaque to the world.

I'm amazed that some people were found out by other fetishists. What are the chances of two of us finding each other by coincidence? People often post that they saw someone they knew paying an unusual amount of attention to a sneeze and speculate that they have a fetish, but I always assumed this was way too unlikely. Maybe not after all.

I've never been found out that I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if my parents had an inkling though, from coming across clumsily hidden "paraphernalia" as a child, and by observing how shy I was whenever I or anyone around me sneezed or had a cold. I do think people I know have probably thought it was weird that I never say bless you, offer a tissue, or react in any other way (well on the outside, anyway...) whenever someone is sneezing. Even when someone sneezes for like a minute straight, I will just calmly try to carry on the conversation (while secretly screaming inside). I'm sure people have thought to themselves that that is odd. I imagine you'd have to be familiar with the fetish to put 2 and 2 together, though.

As someone who is familiar with the fetish-I've spotted things in others that have made me wonder. In high school, one of my best friends used to talk about sneezing and colds a fair amount. Part of that I think was that she had a somewhat attention seeking personality and enjoyed the attention when she was sick (openly carrying around a tissue box when sick, hamming up the stuffy voice to sound extra sick, etc). However, I remember her saying things like "Don't you hate it when you have to go to the supermarket and buy a whole box of tissues, and it's a waste because you only need 1, but you don't have any tissues and you really need to sneeze?" At the time I was secretly enjoying such comments and my focus at the time was just trying to play it cool, but looking back...that was a rather odd comment?! I can also remember her making a big show of saying how during our final senior exams she was going to be sure to bring "a huge box of tissues" to put on her table, and on several occasions when talking about books, she would say "I read that when I was sick, but now it's all germy because I sneezed all over it". If she didn't have some sort of sneeze/cold fetish, then looking back I don't know what the hell she was bringing all that up for!

I don't think this fetish can possibly be as weird and rare as people seem to make out, because I have also on a few occasions thought that the writer of various books and tv shows must surely have had some sort of fetish. For example, the author/ghost writer of The Babysitters Club almost certainly must have had a fetish (and for I thank them...what would I, a secret fetishist, have done as a child without "Karen's school trip", and "Mary-Anne and the search for Tigger").

Edited by kate

Wow, I have really enjoyed reading the responses to this topic- I am so surprised/impressed that quite a few people have been found out (even by other fetishists or with some helpful clues), that wasn't what I expected!

I also once got found out (ages ago!) and I still cringe/blush a bit when I remember it! In my last year of school I was spending a lot of time with my then-boyfriend, and I never in a million years thought he was paying attention to me closely enough to make any such deductions! We were a bit lovey-dovey already, but I used to particularly like holding his hand, kissing him or generally acting affectionate just after he sneezed- which was rather a lot.

So then when he eventually had a cold.. again, I wasn't even subtle, I kept insisting that I still wanted him to spend time with me and absolutely refuted all his warnings about germs etc... I just thought he would just interpret this as me being generally caring/concerned, but it turned out he had more of an aptitude for keeping track of what put me in an affectionate mood than I gave him credit for! heh.gif

One afternoon he just turned to me and asked (in a nice way, thank goodness) if sneezing turned me on. What followed was me becoming incredibly embarrassed... but at the same time I knew the ship had sailed and it would be silly to deny what was obviously obvious! He didn't seem bothered by it, and I appreciated him trying to indulge me a little after that... but I sometimes feel a bit of the innocence of enjoying watching him trying to cover or acting apologetic after sneezing was lost- he was all too aware after that!

Oh yeah. I've been found out several times. heh.gif

(Keep in mind, I'm not shy about having this fetish, so it wasn't a big deal, but....)

The first time was sort of a "mutual" thing. I was in high school and a good friend of mine and I were hanging out, watching some cute friends of our rehearse their (crappy heh.gif ) music in her garage. The singer kept sneezing and I was staring at him. My friend was watching me. I'm not sure why she was, but she was. At some point, she flat out says, "His sneeze is cute, huh?" And I just nodded like an idiot. Then, she said in a dreamy voice, "I could watch him sneeze all day." I agreed. heh.gif Mind you, she didn't call me out on it, but I knew that she knew. We talked about it much later and much giggling ensued.

But this next thing is my favorite.

When I was in college, I became friends with my Celtic Folklore professor. Like, really good friends. Possibly dangerous friends. heh.gif Anyway, J (as I will call him) was stupidly allergic to anything that bloomed and I remember this time we were sitting outside of the student union on the brick wall. He was leaned up against one of the posts and there was this giant bed of floral torture behind us. Of course, J started sneezing in no time flat and I started laughing . . . because that's one of my default reactions when I really find someone's sneeze hot. I don't know, okay?! heh.gif

Well. This went on for a good ten minutes and finally, at one point, he made some joke about his kilt flying up and frightening the students (yes, he totally wore one often) and then, he just kind of cocked his head to one side, and said to me, "Something has ye all hot and bothered." (Did I mention the accent?) I was so taken aback by his observation, I just pretended to shrug it off and he kept pressing me about it. Then, he started puzzling it out and finally, he looked up at me and flat out said, "It's my sneezing."

Yeah, I just stared at him. I mean, what do you even say to that?

I didn't even try to deny it. I asked him how he knew. Was I obvious? Was IT obvious? He just smiled, tapped the side of his head, and said, "I'm Scottish, not stupid."

(This was followed by me saying, "Wait, aren't those the same thing?" and him telling me to fuck right off, as was our typical banter, but you get the idea.) Anyway, he totally teased me about it in the best way possible for several years. heh.gif He's back in Scotland now and we still talk and let's just say he's never forgotten. heh.gif This has spawned a lot of stupid fiction. tonguesmiley.gif

Edited by Geist

Oh yeah. I've been found out several times. :lol:

(Keep in mind, I'm not shy about having this fetish, so it wasn't a big deal, but....)

The first time was sort of a "mutual" thing. I was in high school and a good friend of mine and I were hanging out, watching some cute friends of our rehearse their (crappy :lol: ) music in her garage. The singer kept sneezing and I was staring at him. My friend was watching me. I'm not sure why she was, but she was. At some point, she flat out says, "His sneeze is cute, huh?" And I just nodded like an idiot. Then, she said in a dreamy voice, "I could watch him sneeze all day." I agreed. :lol: Mind you, she didn't call me out on it, but I knew that she knew. We talked about it much later and much giggling ensued.

But this next thing is my favorite.

When I was in college, I became friends with my Celtic Folklore professor. Like, really good friends. Possibly dangerous friends. :lol: Anyway, J (as I will call him) was stupidly allergic to anything that bloomed and I remember this time we were sitting outside of the student union on the brick wall. He was leaned up against one of the posts and there was this giant bed of floral torture behind us. Of course, J started sneezing in no time flat and I started laughing . . . because that's one of my default reactions when I really find someone's sneeze hot. I don't know, okay?! :lol:

Well. This went on for a good ten minutes and finally, at one point, he made some joke about his kilt flying up and frightening the students (yes, he totally wore one often) and then, he just kind of cocked his head to one side, and said to me, "Something has ye all hot and bothered." (Did I mention the accent?) I was so taken aback by his observation, I just pretended to shrug it off and he said kept pressing me about it. Then, he started puzzling it out and finally, he looked up at me and flat out said, "It's my sneezing."

Yeah, I just stared at him. I mean, what do you even say to that?

I didn't even try to deny it. I asked him how he knew. Was I obvious? Was IT obvious? He just smiled, tapped the side of his head, and said, "I'm Scottish, not stupid."

(This was followed by me saying, "Wait, aren't those the same thing?" and him telling me to fuck right off, as was our typical banter, but you get the idea.) Anyway, he totally teased me about it in the best way possible for several years. :lol: He's back in Scotland now and we still talk and let's just say he's never forgotten. :lol: This has spawned a lot of stupid fiction. :P

this had me rolling on the floor laughing haha

I haven't ever really had anyone catch me out in this respect, although i am pretty good at multi tasking and knowing when and where to look at the right time lol. Having said, if I am drunk I am sure someone has seen me staring if for example a woman Is having a fit etc. But as has been said, its not something that comes to mind for anyone who doesn't have the fetish I would think.