Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Scat, Cat, Your Tail's On Fire!" Or: Unusual Blessings

bloom

I found a thread on another forum dedicated entirely to saying bless you (!) and it had 78 responses (!!!) and I am a pervert so of course I opened that sucker up and flipped through it. Anyway, there was a little, minor debate about the religiosity of the phrase "(god) bless you," and someone posted the following:

Go hillbilly and say "Scat, cat! Your tail's on fire."

Yeah, it makes no sense but it is a pretty common phrase in certain parts of the States (although usually for when someone has sneezed several times in a row) and does not require belief in anything other than cats and fire.

I have never heard of this in my entire life, despite living in the states for my whole life, being on this forum for over eight years, and being a fervent believer in both cats and fire. I showed a few people from here and zneeze went a-googling and found some links about it: this is an interesting blogpost, and answers.com is rarely interesting but there was also this.

It's not a very sexy way to bless somebody, in any case. :uhuh:

So I'm wondering, has anybody heard of this phrase before? Like I said, I've never seen it mentioned, which is weird if it's a supposedly common phrase! Also feel free to add other particularly weird blessings to this thread because I'm kind of fascinated now. :lol:

>>"My Granny used to say "Scat!" for a small sneeze, "Scat cat!" for a medium sneeze, and "Scat, cat, your tail's on fire!" for a big sneeze.

What do they say for fits? heh.gif

Edited by Nithers
:lmfao: i can honestly say i've never heard of that phrase nor anything like it before. that was entertaining tho wow hahaha

I'm laughing like an idiot at that phrase. xD I've never heard that blessing in casual conversation or otherwise, but it sure is entertaining.