Sneeze Fetish Forum

facet

Hey, that's really neat! :)

An SF pride flag, huh... I'm thinking something with blue colours, and a white tickly feather as a symbol. :innocent:

A panda? Who has ever identified as that?

I'm not a fan of flags for kinks or fetishes as opposed to sexual orientations, but I'd agree with the classic symbolism: a feather, a flower, pepper shaker, etc. Colors I'm less satisfied with. Blue seems obvious since this forum is "blue-themed" but it's not the only forums or locus of activity for fetishists over the years, so maybe not.

The last time I saw someone even daring to hint towards fetishes/paraphilias/kinks in the same sentence with sexual orientations most people seemed to throw a "HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THERE'S ANYTGING IN COMMON BETWEEN BEING GAY/BI/WHAT EVER AND HAVING BEING KINKY??!!!" rage fit.

Just saying.

I'm not a fan of this whole pride flag business anyway. Sorry.

I was thinking maybe some red or red undertones to represent warmth or a fever...

Red with white polka dots? Like the "classic" red spotted handkerchief? I know not everyone with the fetish is into handkerchiefs, but it's just a thought. I love the idea of our own fetish flag.

I'm not a fan of flags for kinks or fetishes as opposed to sexual orientations

I agree with Garnet. I obviously don't have a problem with anybody being proud of their fetish, but I've always personally seen pride flags at events mainly as people expressing solidarity for being part of a marginalized group, and while obviously fetishes aren't mainstream, they're definitely not marginalized by society at large. It feels kind of invasive for kinksters to have flags at pride events because of that. I guess if there was some kind of kink event that was wholly unrelated to marginalized identities and orientations a flag would be appropriate there, though.

If we were to have a pride flag, I would suggest not putting pandas in said flag, since manyof us here don't like that particular video at all. Just my two cents.

Perhaps a yellow/orange flag (the color of pollen?) with a feather and a flower crossed like keys with a coiled handkerchief down the middle (sorta like the Vatican flag haha).

In case anyone's interested, I found a flag maker on Google, quite a few actually, but the site isn't letting me post links for some reason, probably more my roommate's tablet than anything, but the best one I found is called Scrontch's Flag Designer, not very many options on it, but there are symbols and a variety of colors and borders to chose from. And you can save it to your computer to possibly share here :3

That seems like a weird thing for someone to get so upset over, unless they were implying that a gay person automatically carries around a ball-gag in his pocket. >_> I mean, they're both related to communities that focus on sexuality. As long as they weren't saying that ____ = _____ then I don't see the problem.

People got angry because (according to them) lgbtqia+ people are often treated like shit for being who they are, face daily oppression and put their life at risk when they come out while "being kinky" is no big deal. I'm not saying I would agree with them on all or any of that.

Why don't you like pride flags?

I just don't understand why people love them so much or how they can be so important some people. The rainbow flag? That's great and it's the only thing people outside of these communities will be likely to recognize. Most people do not know the symbolism in these flags so it's pretty impossible to interpret them if you see one for the first time. There are also so many different pride flags out there that it can be more confusing than helpful to many of the people who are not an active part of a community where these flags would be often present and knowing some of the people involved in the online communities there will be those who get angry with you if you don't recognize the flag they are carrying/wearing.

With so many different sexual orientations and gender identities it gets messy and confusing. But that's just my opinion - people are free to create their own flags and carry them as they please.

On top of all that I don't think this community is united enough in our preferences for a flag like the ones suggested so far in this thread to represent us all or feel like the right flag for us all. If there was to be a flag it should symbolise the very core of this all, something that could be seen as the thing uniting us beneath all preferences in gender and causes and such. Is there such a thing? I don't think so.

I think this is a fun idea and not one to get upset over the possible divisive nature of sexual identity vs. kink, though I appreciate the constructive discussion happening :)

If I had to design a flag for us, I'd probably just staple a tissue to a flag pole ;) The white flag of fetish surrender!

If I had to design a flag for us, I'd probably just staple a tissue to a flag pole The white flag of fetish surrender!

surrender.gif

thumbup1.gif

Why don't you like pride flags?

I just don't understand why people love them so much or how they can be so important some people. The rainbow flag? That's great and it's the only thing people outside of these communities will be likely to recognize. Most people do not know the symbolism in these flags so it's pretty impossible to interpret them if you see one for the first time. There are also so many different pride flags out there that it can be more confusing than helpful to many of the people who are not an active part of a community where these flags would be often present and knowing some of the people involved in the online communities there will be those who get angry with you if you don't recognize the flag they are carrying/wearing.

I kind of agree, flags are necessary things in places, but I'm not a huge fan of them. Some people can end up treating the flag itself as more important than the original cause it represents. There are many who believe burning a country's flag is a shocking and serious crime- and the symbolism may be serious, but we shouldn't forget they are ultimately burning a piece of cloth.

Still, this whole SF pride flag is just a game, not a serious thing someone's going to make- and I agree with the post above that suggested a feather as the symbol. A feather is one of those things that always seems to be used in cartoons as something that can cause sneeze-inducing tickles. So, a single white feather on a light blue background?

I think this is a fun idea and not one to get upset over the possible divisive nature of sexual identity vs. kink, though I appreciate the constructive discussion happening smile.png

If I had to design a flag for us, I'd probably just staple a tissue to a flag pole wink.png The white flag of fetish surrender!

That's brilliant and I love it. :lol:

I think a flag would look great for SF I like the feather idea but I'm not so sure about the blue

personally I don't care if somebody else makes something like this for themselves, but I don't want nothing to do with it!

The last time I saw someone even daring to hint towards fetishes/paraphilias/kinks in the same sentence with sexual orientations most people seemed to throw a "HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THERE'S ANYTGING IN COMMON BETWEEN BEING GAY/BI/WHAT EVER AND HAVING BEING KINKY??!!!" rage fit.

Just saying.

I'm not a fan of this whole pride flag business anyway. Sorry.

I mean, both fetishes and homosexuality are sexual attractions that we're kinda born with that differ from the standard. That being said, I don't think we need a flag, because I don't see us doing a sneeze fetish pride parade anytime soon. I feel like if you're gay, that must be a huge part of your identity while the sneeze fetish isn't necessarily.

I think the idea of a flag is fun, at least as a creative exercise. I don't think we really need one, since we don't exactly congregate at festivals to show our solidarity or anything, but it's interesting to come up with ideas of what one might be. And it's not without precedent given all the other kink/fetish flags out there, though I get what some people are saying about viewing them differently to orientation flags. The early kink/fetish flags came out of similar motives of solidarity against stigma as the orientation ones though, albeit at a far less severe level.

Anyway, I've always like the idea of a feather as a symbol for our fetish, though I'm not entirely sure why since feathers aren't a huge thing for me. I like the idea of a pollen colored background too!

I feel like if you're gay, that must be a huge part of your identity while the sneeze fetish isn't necessarily.

It's a big part of my identity because it's a big part of my sexuality worriedsmiley.gif

That's okay, but do you tell people you meet about your fetish? I would think it quite strange if someone that wasn't close to me told me his/her fetishes, but it'd be completely normal for someone to tell me they were gay.

I feel like if you're gay, that must be a huge part of your identity while the sneeze fetish isn't necessarily.

It's a big part of my identity because it's a big part of my sexuality worriedsmiley.gif

That's okay, but do you tell people you meet about your fetish? I would think it quite strange if someone that wasn't close to me told me his/her fetishes, but it'd be completely normal for someone to tell me they were gay.

Tbh my sexuality, gender identity, and fetish are all a huge part of my identity, and I don't necessarily tell people I meet about any of them until I'm very close with them, and I don't feel that makes any of those things a less valid part of my identity. It's just no one's business unless I deem it so.

That being said, I feel that having a flag for the fetish isn't necessary. Pride flags are a symbol of solidarity against oppression, and we do not need that, we are not institutionally discriminated against.

Pride flags are a symbol of solidarity against oppression, and we do not need that, we are not institutionally discriminated against.

I still don't understand how having a crap load of flags can unite people. It looks to me more like something that divides people.

Archived