Sneeze Fetish Forum

facet

Pride flags are a symbol of solidarity against oppression, and we do not need that, we are not institutionally discriminated against.

I still don't understand how having a crap load of flags can unite people. It looks to me more like something that divides people.

what do you mean? when you have a flag it's a symbol of unity unto itself, i'm not sure i understand.

Pride flags are a symbol of solidarity against oppression, and we do not need that, we are not institutionally discriminated against.

I still don't understand how having a crap load of flags can unite people. It looks to me more like something that divides people.

what do you mean? when you have a flag it's a symbol of unity unto itself, i'm not sure i understand.

There's a separate flag now for every sexual orientation (including the kinds of "fiction sexual" and every single grey-a label there is) and gender identity. That's a lot of flags and while they might unite (some of) the people who identify with the different groups they, at the same time, divide the people into very specific, separate groups. That's just what it looks like to me.

There's a separate flag now for every sexual orientation (including the kinds of "fiction sexual" and every single grey-a label there is) and gender identity. That's a lot of flags and while they might unite (some of) the people who identify with the different groups they, at the same time, divide the people into very specific, separate groups. That's just what it looks like to me.

I totally get what you mean there, flags both unite and divide, and it's definitely worth taking a serious look at the legitimacy of their value.

I mean, those groups aren't gonna stop existing and stop having separate needs from the other groups if they don't have a flag for themselves.

Wow, people sure have some strong opinions about flags... *rolls eyes*

Personally, I think this is a cute idea, but I think I'd be too shy about putting the flag anywhere because I'm not really comfortble with flying these particular colours, if you know what I mean. ;)

Personally, I think this is a cute idea, but I think I'd be too shy about putting the flag anywhere because I'm not really comfortble with flying these particular colours, if you know what I mean. ;)

So, in other words, you're not ready to let your freak flag fly? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

On the issue of people being against fetish pride flags, one could be offended by the lgbt flag because flags are normally used for countries and being lgbt does not make you a foreign citizen.

On the issue of people being against fetish pride flags, one could be offended by the lgbt flag because flags are normally used for countries and being lgbt does not make you a foreign citizen.

I'm sorry but hat makes no sense at all, Ciel. Flags are used for lots of things besides countries and also your argument doesn't respond to any point that anyone else in this thread has made whatsoever.

This might be a link to wikipedia but it still contains a variety of examples of the ways and situations in which flags are used.

Flags are not "normally" used for countries; they originate from battlefields and wars but are widely used in various ways. Political flags are common and acceptable.

I agree that this is a cute idea. It reminds me of those banners you see in forum signatures that state someone is a fan of a certain character or franchise. I might even be inclined to use it if the design was something subtle that only others with the fetish would get. Kind of like a secret only those in the community would be in on.

I'm sorry but hat makes no sense at all, Ciel. Flags are used for lots of things besides countries and also your argument doesn't respond to any point that anyone else in this thread has made whatsoever.

The fact that some people get so focussed on the flags of countries as political symbols might explain why some are unwilling to embrace them as symbols of minority causes though.

so i made this flag.... it's just an example, because a lot of people were saying a blue flag with a feather would look good. personally, i like it a lot :) it's not the 'official' sff flag or anything yet, but what do you guys think?

post-16052-0-51928300-1425512544_thumb.j

I still think what i thought a few pages ago, which is that we do not need a flag. also i think your design is very pretty.

Archived