Sneeze Fetish Forum

"The Last of Us"?

Watercolor Daydreams

Anybody on here play it?

I haven't played it (I don't own a PlayStation), but I've seen some clips of walkthroughs + I've read through the script (and lots of fan discussions. And wiki articles. Yeah, I'm pretty obsessed with it. :P ). So does anybody else on here play it?

The game scared the ever-living shit out of me, but I keep coming back to it because it's so good.

OKAY WHOA. LET'S BE FRIENDS~ xD

I actually did my senior thesis on this game to study emotional connections and empathy. In my humble opinion, it's an extremely sophisticated, philosophical game with depth and definite reward. It's replay value is high, it's graphics are stunning, and the story is incredible. For my thesis experiment, I had to watch ten people play through the game (which totaled to over 80 hours of gameplay) and I STILL never got tired of this game. I had all the cutscenes memorized, but I still never got bored watching them.

The first playthrough for me was emotionally draining just because of how intense it was, and I did have a few nightmares about the enemies in that game-.. But overall it was such a rewarding experience. I wouldn't have chosen it for my thesis if I didn't love it as much as I do >w<. Ellie and Joel cultivated such a special daddy-daughter relationship, and the ending was just-.. it was so classy. It was Joel's ending. Not mine, not Ellie's, not humanity's. Joel's. And I totally respected that even though it had me questioning all my morals as a human being xD.

I could go on and on ^^'' xDD. So glad you like this game, Daydreams~! It's nice to find another fan >w<.

I played through this game over the course of a few days. This was shortly after it came out. Haven't touched the game since, though I loved it tremendously. Like BlackScatter said, it was emotionally draining. What an incredible game, though...so moving, so morally challenging. I honestly still am unsure how I feel about how it ended, though it made sense and felt in-character.

One of my favorite parts was the giraffe scene. Just thinking about it makes me cry again.

Yes I have played and finished the story about 3 times already. But unlike some other people, I did not get so emotional about the game as I played it. That was only because I had watched the entire playthrough from Youtube before I bought the game, something I kinda regret. But I have to say that the game's ending... It was just so beautiful in a way that it was not what I originally had thought but now after I have seen that ending and the journey to that, I can say that I think there was no other way to end the game.

That reminds me, I could probably go and try to beat the game on harder difficulty... :D

Good luck making it through the giraffe scene without welling up. As the "Honest Trailer" for the game says "Muusst...figghht...the...feels". It is a superb game, and visually (at least on the PS 4), one of the best post apocalyptic environments I've ever come across. It has a lot of emotional depth, and, especially on the higher difficulties, makes sure you consider every factor when formulating a combat strategy, you can't afford to waste any resource. I've only played it through once, but I'm definitely going back after I've finished the "Mass Effect" trilogy again.

It is a superb game, and visually (at least on the PS 4), one of the best post apocalyptic environments I've ever come across.

YES. That was actually one of the first things that struck me about the game--the amount of detail they put into it. It really was incredible to have this completely destroyed world in the process of being taken over by nature with a few little traces of the human lives that lived there before (Ish's story made me depressed for days, especially the last part with Kyle and the kids...I can't. Every time I remember that sub-plot I try to block it out because it's so emotional).

Even the Infected (at least the first stage) retain some humanity in them in their appearance--some of them still have hats on, others have clothes like track suits that are so "human"...it's crazy. The details are truly incredible. They didn't just slap some broken down buildings and flooded streets together; they meticulously planned out every location and created such an eery, hauntingly beautiful atmosphere.

Archived