Sneeze Fetish Forum

Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)

Juto

So, I've had this idea about a guardian angel for a while now but I've only just found time to actually get something done. Drop me a line or two if you like it and I'll try to get a few more chapters done soon.

Part 1 - Elias

Elias stared at his boss in disbelief. Him? A guardian angel? Was he even suited for that job?

He glanced at the scroll he had received. 

Guardian: Elias Luca Fitzwilliam (age 22, status: immortal)

Ward: Zachariah Wentworth Benedict (age 19, status: mortal)

Job Description:

You must be an unseen hand, a guiding light. You must protect him and bring him messages of inspiration. You cannot alter his personal free will but you are permitted to influence him towards a better choice. You must stay with him until further notice, strengthen him and encourage him on his path. Above all, you must remain unseen, unheard and untouched.

Signature:

Raphael, Patron God of Health and Protection

Signature:

Elias starred at his boss again, his mouth hanging slightly open in confusion. 

Raphael sighed. 

"It's very simple Elias. This boy is a mess. His mum's an addict, his farther's a drunk, yet somehow, this bright, young boy has managed to keep himself in school, keep himself clothed and fed. The problem is though, his immune system is as weak as a biscuit in a cup of tea. Your job is simply to assist him in any way you can and try to keep him as healthy as possible."

Elias held up his finger. A faint magical glow shone through his skin. "Am I allowed to use this?"

"To a certain extend, yes. But remember, he mustn't know you're there. Don't create cause for suspicion."

Elias nodded, the light in his finger growing weaker. 

Raphael reached for Elias's scroll and tapped it lightly with his finger. A moving picture emerged. 

Elias saw a small bedroom, stacks of books and paper filled a small desk, clothes and shoes were scattered on the floor and a big pile of blankets was huddled on the bed. 

He squinted his eyes. The pile was moving. Elias tapped the bed with his finger to enlarge the image. 

A tangled mess of dark curls covered the ears and neck of a boy almost invisible beneath the mountain of blankets. His hands pressed a stack of tissues to his face as his head snapped forward in a series of sneezes. Elias turned up the volume on the image in time to hear the boy's harsh coughs into his blanket. 

A loud noise from another room in the picture revealed a fight between 2 screaming adults, most likely the boy's parents. 

Elias focused on the boy again, zooming in on his face. The boy looked miserable. The hair on his forehead looked damp, probably caused by a slight fever. His eyes were the color of rain clouds, mesmerising and deep. A slow trickle of tears were making their way down his cheeks. He looked flushed and exhausted. As Elias focused on his ward, his eyebrows drew together and a puzzled look shot across his face before he buried his nose and mouth in the tissues for a double sneeze. 

"Ngh'KTX! Hh'GNXT! Uhh". 

Elias' shoulders hunched slightly at the sound of his ward's desperate sneezes. The angel's big, white wings attached to his shoulders shivered slightly. 

His dead heart went out to him. This kid had no one to turn to? No one that cared about him? His life was an ever cloudy, rainy day, as reflected in his eyes. 

His mind made up, the angel tapped the scroll once more, turning it back to the original contract and signed his name on the dotted line. 

Edited by Juto
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Oh wow, this is beautiful!! Intriguing idea... I'd love to see more :D

I like it, I like it! Good work! Interesting scenario, can't wait to see where this is going!

A www wow, thank you so much for your lovely comments. I'm so thrilled that you liked it!

Ask and you shall receive :-)

Part 2 - first day on the job

Elias quickly discovered that being Zachariah's guardian was NOT an easy task. It was like the kid had no sense of self preservation or protection. Obviously, his ward had to know he was sick and yet he did not take any form of medication, nor did he wear warm enough clothes on this chilly day. Stupid boy. He really WAS in need of a guardian.

He had decided to spend the day getting to know Zachariah, or Zach as his classmates called him. He followed his ward around school and sat with him through various boring lectures. He tried to pay attention to the smallest of details that could tell him how best to assist his ward. He paid attention to every sneeze, sniffle, cough, shiver, hunch and facial expression. Anything that could indicate Zach's health and well being.

It had been almost 75 years since Elias had last had a cold. That had been back when he had been a living, breathing young soldier preparing to fight in the new war. He unconsciously brought his hand to his chest, his finger brushing over the single round bullet scar that had earned him his wings. 

The sound of Zach's desperate, stifled sneezes brough him out of memory lane and down Guardian avenue.

"Hn'GNXT! Ah'HNCH!"

The angel had noticed that Zach stifled most of his sneezes, keeping them as unnoticeable as he could. Zach's sniffled wetly and rummaged in his pocket for a tissue, but came up empty. He sighed and sniffed again, running the back of his hand under his nose. Elias made a mental note to always, ALWAYS stuff the ward's clothes with tissues before he left the house. 

For now, he went on a silent hunt through the other students back packs and smiled satisfactory as his hunt bore fruit. 

He moved to crouch in front of his ward's desk, eyes locked on the younger man's face as he awaited the inevitable. He did not have to wait long before Zach's face screwed up in a quizzical expression and his fist went to press at his nose.

"Ng'GKTCH! Hh'NGXT!... Snf".

While his ward's eyes were shut tight with the effort of his sneezing, Elias hid the packet of tissues underneath one of Zach's schoolbooks, making sure it was still visible. When Zach opened his eyes again they widened in surprise as he discovered the half hidden pack of tissues. He shrugged and reached for the them, probably thinking he had simply forgot about them. 

The angel regarded his ward with warm affection as the boy blew his nose in his prey. No question about it, Zach needed him and he would do his utmost to ensure his ward's health and happiness. His gaze locked on Zach's dark and cloudy eyes for a moment as the angel contemplated ways of adding silver linings to those rainy clouds.

Zach groaned silently and rested his congested and warm head on his arms on the table, blocking out the teacher's rant about Greek columns. He expected another lonely night curled up in bed with a box of tissues. He felt a sudden warmth spread behind his eyes. He hated his life! He hated being sick! And above all, he hated being miserable and alone!

But you're not alone Zach! Oh this, is going well.

awww!! so sweet!! I love hate that he doesn't take care of himself, what is elias going to do about the fever though??

awww!! so sweet!! I love hate that he doesn't take care of himself, what is elias going to do about the fever though??

I'm sure he will think of something :-)

You are just packing on the sympathy today! his poor guy shouldn't be at school, and he knows it...He doesn't have any friends to help him through the day? I hope his guardian angel guides him home.

Couldn't sleep... So... Have another one :-)

Please let me know what you think :-) This one is from Zach's point of view. With a little Elias at the end.

Part 3 - what to wear

"Ha'NCH'cho! Christ! Snf."

Zach woke with a startled sneeze, reality pulling him from the sweet and warm embrace of his dream. Vague images of sapphire blue eyes swam into memory, but he couldn't quite place them. He had slept like a baby. Better than he had slept in ages, despite the early morning sneeze. He tumbled sleepily out of bed and reached for his worn out jeans he had dumped on the  floor by his bed last night. But they were gone. He raised his head in surprise and glanced suspiciously around his room. Where was all his laundry? Perhaps his mum had... Nah, that would be a first! Had he been robbed? No, his phone and computer was still there. Odd. Maybe he had just... Forgotten... That....

He lost his train of thought as he felt a new building tickle in the back of his nose slowly creeping towards the front, tickling the delicate insides of his nostrils as it went. He closed his eyes in irritation and pinched his nose shut as the tickle threatened to erupt from him. 

"Ng'NGKT! Hh'NGXT! Hh... Hi'NG'ch!"

He sniffled wetly, rubbed his nose fiercely with the back of his hand and sniffled again. He brought the tissues in his hand to his nose. Wait, where had the tissues come from? He starred at his hand holding a couple of fresh tissues and lifted his head to stare at the box of tissues on his bedside table. What the hell? He stared blankly at the tissues again trying to deduce how they had magically appeared in his hand? Huh, he must have reached for them without realising it. Shit, his mind had played some weird tricks on him over the past few weeks, he wrote this one off as one of them. He got dressed in his shabby jeans and a shirt and headed down the stairs. 

As he went to sit at his usual chair to eat his breakfast he noticed his thick pullover, draped neatly over the back of his chair. Uhh, hadn't he just seen that pullover in his closet? 

He quickly put his breakfast on the table as he felt a sudden itch in his sinuses. 

"Hi'NGKT'ch! Ugh." 

He sniffled, feeling the too familiar settling of congestion in his nose. He was possibly catching a cold... Again! He glanced annoyingly at the pullover. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. He squirmed into it before bringing the tissues in his hand up to blow his nose. Wait, WHAT?! Where the fuck...? He glanced down and noticed the bulges in his jeans pockets, a quick feel revealed them to be full of tissues. He lifted a hand to his forehead. He must have a fever, that would explain his forgetfulness. He didn't feel feverish though, just a bit confused. Maybe he could still prevent his cold from blooming? He shook his head to clear out the thoughts of magically appearing tissues, blew his nose, and ate his breakfast.

Running slightly late, Zach practically ran out the door, only to fall back on his behind as his sleeve had caught hold of the door handle. Groaning in frustration, Zach went back in, closed the door and tried to free his sleeve. There was nothing to see, but it was stuck. He braced himself, feet planted firmly on the floor as he yanked his arm back trying to free himself of the door handle's curse, only to discover that he was not stuck after all. The force of his pull sent him staggering backwards into the hall stand, landing on the floor amongst the family's out wear. 

He let out a frustrated "God DANG IT!" Before pulling himself up to a standing position. He caught a glimpse of his reflection in the hall way mirror. As if by some weird divine intervention, his blue scarf hung loosely around his neck and his own jacket had caught hold of his shoulder. 

Zach shook his head and sighed in defeat. "Fine Master Universe, I get it. Don't... Hh... Don't get your knickers... Hh'HNGXT! In a twist!"

His Guardian, aka Master Universe mentally untwisted his knickers with an amused expression on his face as he followed his maybe-not-so-sick-and-at-least-warm ward out the door. 

Nice try Zachariah. Not on my watch. Oh, and bless you.

Here's a bedtime story for all you people living on my side of the planet.

Don't be afraid to drop me a line, I would very much like to know what you think.

Part 4 - umbrella 

Tap tap tap.

The angel was tapping his foot against the pavement and shooting distressed glances at the blackening sky. 

Patience is a virtue. But NOT for guardians with sickly wards.

Arms crossed in anger across his chest he glared at his ward, his foot tapping harder at the pavement. 

Zach had spent the last 10 minutes chatting to his friends on the school grounds apparently oblivious to the low rumbling of the nearing storm clouds. Elias was anxious to get his ward home before the rainstorm hit. Zach was wearing a light jacket. He would get soaked and ice cold within seconds!

Okay, let's wrap it up peeps. We need to go now, okay? Come ON Zachariah, you foolish boy. 

Elias gestured impatiently with his hands trying to penetrate Zach's mind with his thoughts. He must look like a complete idiot. Thank the gods no one could see him.

Go Zachariah, go. Move. Just leave. Please?

The angel's face softened as he noticed his ward's breath hitching slightly, his eyes closing involuntary before his head snapped forward into his waiting hands.

"Ah'HNGT! Hh'NGCHO! Excuse me. Snf."

Damn! The cold wind was getting to him already. Zach's upper body trembled slightly and he pulled his arms around himself for warmth. The angel reached out to almost touch his hand to Zach's shoulder, wanting to shield his ward from the cold breeze that warned the storm. 

The angel starred deep into his ward's eyes, pleading. 

Bless you Zachariah. Please get home before you get too cold and soaking wet. Please. 

As if Zach had heard him, the younger man turned his eyes to the sky. 

"Oh shit. Gotta go guys. See you tomorrow."

And they were off. Elias walked beside his ward, his wings spread out, forming a cocoon, shielding his ward as best he could from the ripping, cold wind that whipped around their heads. 

Suddenly, Zach stopped dead in his track and hunched over slightly, gripping his knee with one hand for support as his other hand curled a fist around his nose.

Elias moved closer to his ward, wrapping his wings around him as close as he dared, never touching him. His hand went to zach's back and he rubbed soothing circles in the air a mere inch from his ward's jacket as the younger man let out a few desperately cold sneezes.

"Ng'HNGXT! Ah'NG'ch! Hh...hhh... He'SCHO". He sniffled and rubbed his sleeved hand under his nose.

Bless you Zachariah. No time for vanity though, go go GO!

Right at that moment, the heavens released the showers with a thundering roar. 

Elias swiftly rearranged his wings to keep as much cold rain of his ward as possible as they both started to run. 

Huh. Occupation: Angelic Umbrella. No wait. The Holy Raincoat or better yet, the Divine Water Repelant! Yeah, that's a keeper. I'm gonna put that on my resume. 

A few minutes later they were in the dry, chilled hall of Zach's house. Elias noted with relief that his ward was more of less dry. A shivering mess though, but not soaking wet. 

"Hn'NGHX'ch! Hh'NG'ch!"

"Ziggy, is that you?"

Elias' eyes narrowed at Zach's father's drunk brawl from the kitchen. 

Don't call him that you miserable excuse for a parent.

"Yeah dad."

"Blasted weather outside, eh? Don't leave a mess on the floor!"

Later that night, Zach found himself curled up in bed beneath his blankets. Despite his parents wanting to save money on heat, his room always seemed warmer than the rest of the house. Maybe it was better insulated? Or maybe they really did care that he was always getting sick? 

His phone beeped and he read the text from his friend. 

"Hope you got home okay, man. Benny and I got SOAKED!!"

Zach shook his head in amused disbelief. It hadn't been that bad. What a wuss. 

He shivered slightly and closed his eyes. As he drifted off to sleep his bed seemed to wobble slightly and in his dream like state he saw a pair of sapphire blue eyes blazing through his own, warming him up from the inside. 

For readers who wonder about the weird " " in the middle of the text. I'm sorry. There seem to be some sort of miscommunication between Evernote and the "post"-button. I hope it is not too disturbing.

Good day to all you lovely readers out there In this amazing forum.

Drop me a line if you like, they inspire me to keep writing. Thank you :-)

Part 5 - Cafeteria 

Elias had with growing concern watched  his ward sneeze and sniffle his way through school. He had debated with himself whether or not he could have let his ward stay in bed, but Zach had been determined to get up and out, and there was really nothing his guardian could have done. 

The concept of free will really ought to be restricted for sickly wards with low sense of self-protection. The angel rolled his eyes. Seriously Gods, give a guardian a break! 

Elias was at loss and could only look at Zach, his eyes heavy with empathy as his ward brought a fist up to press hard against his nose to stifle his 38th sneeze that day. His hand already full of tissues. 

"Hi'HNXT! Ng'HNGXT! Hh... Hh'NGTCH... Snf".

38... 39... 40. Bless you Zachariah. For the 40th time that day Elias wished that he could wrap his warm and soft wings around his ward's small frame and keep him from getting cold. 

In the cafeteria queue line at lunchtime the air was slightly cooler than it had been in the classrooms. Elias noticed his ward's increasing sniffles and stifled sneezing as the cooler air made his nose run like crazy. 

"S'cuse me please... Hn'NGXT! I'm so sorr... Hh... Sorry. NG'CHO. Please excuse me.. Ah'NGHCH!."

Zach pulled out a tissue that his gurdian had made sure to stuff in his pocket and blew his nose as gently as he could, wincing slightly as the tissue scraped at his sore nostrils. 

Elias could not hold back a sad smile, eyeing his ward's distress. Bless you Zachariah. My poor, sick ward, polite as ever. 

"Hey Ziggy! Keep your nasty germs to yourself!"

Elias turned to glare viciously at the boy behind Zach in the queue line. He wanted to wrap his arms protectively around his ward as Zach mumbled an apology, an embarrassed blush colouring his cheeks. 

Elias carefully placed a glowing finger on the angry boy's belt buckle under his tray of food and as the queue line moved a step further the angry boy's pants dropped to the floor and made him stumble forwards towards Zach. 

Oh no you don't. 

A gentle nudge from Elias caused the angry boy to fall sideways splashing himself with pepsi and spaghetti bolognese. 

That'll teach you to be nasty to my poor, sick ward! 

A smile appeared on Zach's face as he laughed along with the rest of the cafeteria. 

Elias turned towards his audience and bowed gracefully knowing full well that no one could see him. 

Thank you. Thank you. Goooooo GUARDIAN!!

He gave his audience his best body-builder-muscle-pose before turning his attention back to his ward who was now at the front of the queue line, his face frozen in a puzzled expression, his hand moving slowly up to pinch the bridge of his nose. 

"Ng'NGXHT! Uhh. Excuse me."

46. Damn! He had to do something. His poor ward looked as miserable as ever.

"Bless you dear, just the soup today?"

"Yes please".

As Zach and the lunch lady were busy with the transaction, The angel slipped into the kitchen to fill a cup with hot water, lemon juice and honey. LOTS of honey. 

As Zack walked away from the queue line to join his class mates at their usual table he suddenly noticed a steaming cup of hot, sweet smelling tea on his tray. 

Grateful, he turned his head to smile his thanks to the lunch lady. She merely smiled in return, looking slightly puzzled. He took a sip of the steaming brew, sighing contently as the warm honey buttered his scratchy throat. 

Thank the gods there are still nice people in this world. 

What I'm waiting for is for Zach to figure out what's going on, what does an angel do when they are discovered? Also can angel's sneeze? I hope so, love this story!!

What I'm waiting for is for Zach to figure out what's going on, what does an angel do when they are discovered? Also can angel's sneeze? I hope so, love this story!!

I have a few more scenarios planned in which Elias is still invisible, but trust me, they will meet!

Hmm... Not sure Elias can sneeze, but if the need to discover it is strong enough, I can probably whip something up at some point. I make no promises though. I kinda like the idea of the ever-strong guardian, but I can possibly be persuaded.

I have a hay fever/allergy planned for Zachariah at some point, maybe we discover something Angels are allergic to? Again, I make no promises.

But I really do appreciate you liking my story :-) thank you.

I have a double feature planned for tonight, so don't go away ;-)

Here is part one of a double feature. Part 2 will be up as soon as the boys are asleep. Sorry, full-time mum moonlighting as a sneeze-fic scribbler.

Enjoy. Comments are much appreciated.

Part 6 - Motherly affection

Home! Finally!

Zach had seemed fine this morning but a constant draft in the classroom during his first period had sent his nose running for biscuits and invited a continuous flow of wet sneezes for tea. Elias had done his best to shield his ward. Zachariah being Zachariah, he was very sensitive to drafts... Of course! The guardian had cocooned him in his massive wingspan, shielding him from the draft. And that had worked, until Zack had started complaining out loud about the muffled sounds from his teacher. His guardian was invisible, but still a sound barrier.

The shivers had kicked in at lunch. Elias had pressed his glowing finger very lightly to his ward's shirt, increasing its temperature slightly. But too much pressure would set the shirt aglow, like his finger, and the slight increase in warmth was not enough to put a stop to his ward's slight shivers. 

The fever had announced its ugly presence shortly after lunch. Elias had watched in distress as his ward's eyes had become glossy and slightly unfocused, his forehead damp and sweaty and his general appearance exhausted. 

The angel groaned in frustration. He had no idea how to treat a fever. He knew a couple of home remedies that his parents had practiced on him as a child, but somehow he could not make himself serve his ward overly spiced food or soak his socks with cold water. But he could serve him tea, and he did, curtsy of the lunch lady. 

But now they were home, at last! Elias wanted nothing more than to tuck his sick ward in bed, cover him with warm blankets and wait for the younger man to fall asleep before he could dap his hot forehead with cool cloths and wrap himself around him in an almost-touching fashion. 

Zach was leaning against the wall in the hall way for support as his breath started to hitch and his eyes closed in defeat before he brought a fisted hand up to press against his nose. 

"Ngh'KTX! Hh'GNXT! Hh... Hn'NGX'ch!"

"Ziggy honey, is that you?"

Both guardian and ward turned their heads towards the kitchen door as Zach's mother made her appearance. She was still dressed in last night's party outfit, all fishnet stockings and torn silk. Classy(!)

"Ziggy boy, you look like death, are you feeling all right?"

Anger flared up in the guardian at the continuous use of his ward's demeaning nickname. 

He is NOT your little "Sicky" you crackpot. He is MY ZACHARIAH! My strong, brave and selfless ward and don't you dare... Whoa wait, what are you doing?

The angel was stunned into mental silence as Zack's mother in a moment of motherly affection brought a hand to her son's forehead. 

"Aww Ziggy sweetheart, I think you have a fever. Are you feeling all right?"

In short reply, Zach turned away form his mother cupping his nose and mouth with his hands. 

"Hi'NGKT'ch! Ha'KXT! Snf. Excuse me."

"Poor Ziggy. Get up in bed. I'll bring you some hot tea and some paracetamols."

He smiled warmly at her. She wrapped her arm around his shoulder and guided him towards the stairs. 

"Thanks mum".

Elias was left alone to fume in silent horror and despair. He felt so helpless. What could he possibly do to assist his ward that his own mother couldn't do better? But it was HIS job. HIS ward. HIS Zachariah! He watched on, torn between envy and sadness as Zach's mother hugged him briefly before ushering him up the stairs. 

In his room, Zach let the fake smile fade from his face. He knew all too well what would happen now. He would curl up in bed, waiting, hoping, praying that his mum would come and nurse him, just this one time. But he knew from experience that in a matter of minutes she would be distracted or succumb to one of her more pressing urges, the need to get high or her post-drug-sleep-fit. 

Either way, she was NOT bringing him tea and paracetamols. He ought to just go down there and get it himself. He glanced at the door as tears from anger and neglect welled up in his eyes. 10 minutes! He glanced at his watch, determined. He would give her 10 minutes. 

TBC