• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juto

• Arty

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Kaze Wo Hiku

YESSSS, this was adorable! I love your writing sooo much. <3

This is so beautiful ahhh QvQ

"Just so we're clear Master Universe..." he murmured, his eyes closed. "I know you are just some twisted imagination that my fried brain has invented to cope with this current state of misery..." He paused, sighing deeply. He opened his eyes to stare at the empty air in his room. "But please... Don't leave me." He closed his eyes and let a single drop of moisture trickle down his cheek.

Not a single piece of glass had landed on him, they were all scattered around him and he found himself in a completely glass free zone in an oddly rectangular, but pointy shape. He stood up and examined the broken glass on the floor more closely. Some of the smalle pieces had seemed to fall in a connecting pattern. He squinted his eyes and gasped in surprise. The glass fragments on the floor spelled out 2 words:

"Please stay"

Perfection <3

I really hope they get a chance to meet soon xD

They will meet. Have no fear :-) I do have more scenarios planned before the meeting though.

Yay! I can't wait :D

New Drabble. The return of Simon, if anyone remembers him?

There's a part 2 to this story, coming soon.

Enjoy (and if you do, please leave a comment :-))

Part 14 - Simon 

In the cafeteria at lunch, Elias looked on in silent vexation as his ward repeatedly ran his finger under his nose, gently pressing against his nostrils to quench the building need to sneeze. Perhaps Zach's 5 star hotel of a body had already checked in a new virus, and had invited it to stay in the grand suite penthouse. One look at his ward confirmed his theory. The virus was definitely on its way to the penthouse suite in a one-stop elevator.  His poor poor Zachariah, what could a guardian angel do except stuff his pockets with tissues, keep him hydrated with warm honey tea and make sure he wore the warmest of sweaters?

The angel bit back a chuckle as he recalled his ward's face as the younger man 

discovered all his sweaters and pullovers in the Ill-smelling laundry basket this morning. All except for one. A quick glance at his Zachariah wiped the smile off his face. Zach's nose had quickly turned a bright shade of pink in the course of the lunch break and he was already stock piling balled up tissues in front of him. A gentle caress of the air an inch from Zach's forehead had revealed no sign of additional heat...yet! Still, each of his ward's desperate sneezes played a melancholy tune on the guardian's heartstrings. And to Elias, Zach had already played an entire heartbreaking concerto in D minor. 

Zach had managed to keep the sneezes at bay all morning, only succumbing to a few stifled sneezes during history when his teacher wasn't looking. 

But now, he could no longer ignore the settling of mucus in his sinuses and the tickly sneezes it ignited.

"Hn'NGKT! Ah'GKT! Hhh... Hh'NGX'ch! Excuse me."

Most of his class mates at the table rarely blessed him. They were probably used to Zach being sick, but their lack of general curtsy still made the guardian frown disapprovingly and shake his head at his ward's class mates. Impolite teens!

Only Simon, sitting next to Zach, seemed to be aware of his growing discomfort and had apparently made it his life's mission to bless every single one of his sneezes.

"Bless you, bless you and..... BLESS you! God, you must be absolutely exhausted. Say the word and I'll take you home."

Zach smiled politely, still dapping the tissue at his pink nose.

"Thanks Simon, but it's fine, really. I feel fine. Just... Sneezy." He shrugged, obviously pretending to seem healthier than he was. It wasn't lost on Elias how poorly his ward felt. He knew the way Zach kept running his hands through his chestnut curls, pressing his fingers into his scalp meant that a headache was brewing and the small pucker between his eyebrows indicated a throbbing pain in his ward's sinuses, warning an infection. Elias concluded that Zach did not want to be left alone with Simon. Simon who had proved to be overly attentive to Zach on more than one occasion during one of Zach's returning colds. And to his great misery, Elias could tell by Zach's irregular breath and puzzled expression that he was about to witness it again.

"Hu'NGKT'ch! Hh...hhh....Hh'NGHXT'ch! Excuse me, snf."

The guardian glared at Simon, wanting to tune out his over emotional "Bless you Zach. Oh wow, BLESS you. Poor you." The angel cringed, exagerating a mirrored version of Zach's reaction to Simon's words. 

Simon's show of affection had started off small with long caring gazes and gentle shoulder squeezes but to Elias's great dismay it had escalated. Now, With each of Zach's sneezes, Simon would rest his hand on his upper back, between his shoulder blades, letting his arm move forward, resting on Zach's back as Zach succumbed to his sneezes and let his body bend forward in release.  

When Zach would engage in post sneeze sniffles and nose blowing, Simon would brush stray curls away from his forehead, trailing his slender finger just above Zach's eyebrow, down along his jawline and conclude with a palm resting squeeze at his neck. 

Each "bless you" came complete with a passionate gaze and an affectionate stroke down Zach's spine. 

Elias gritted his teeth, fuming silently. He had noticed how his ward tensed and shied away from each of Simon's touches, obviously too polite or afraid to embarrass his classmate to just wave a slender finger in the air with an accompanying "no touchy Simon! No touchy!"

Elias found himself torn between hating the boy for doing things to his ward that the guardian himself could not and being grateful to him for the kindness and attention he showed his Zachariah when Elias was unable to do much with so many people surrounding them. He could merely look at his ward as Zach was once again hitching helplessly, waving his hand in front of his nose to lure the sneeze out. 

"Hh....hhh.... Hh.... Ohh for heaven's sake... He.... Hhhe... HE'NGXT'CHO! Oh, ouch!"

Zach buried his face in his tissued hand as his other rubbed his aching and throbbing sinuses. 

Simon slammed his fork down hard on the table. 

"That's it! Bless you! I'm taking you home, now! You're in no fit state for school!"

Neither ward nor guardian argued. 

Simon got up, grabbed Zach's arm and nearly pulled the exhausted boy from his seat and out to his car with the angel in hot persuit. 

-TBC.

Oh damn..... that part with the no touchy reminded me of Kuzco from emperors new groove. XD

Oh damn..... that part with the no touchy reminded me of Kuzco from emperors new groove. XD

Hahahaha yeah... Saw it the other day, pinned it in my mind and it just sort of made its way into the story. All credits to Wall Disney Studios.

Here's Simon 2.0 - a continuation of the story above. Enjoy.

Part 15 - Simon 2.0

Zach was only too painfully aware that Simon had driven him home and had half carried half dragged him up the stairs, through the hall and up more stairs to his bedroom. He had not wanted the overly affectionate attention from his class mate but he had been too worn out and dizzy to put up any fight. He was in his bed now, covers pulled tightly around him and a thermometer stuck underneath his tongue. 

He glanced up at Simon who was hovering on the edge of the bed, waiting for the thermometer to beep. 

"Thank you for driving me home Simon, but you really don't have to st-"

"Shh, you'll interfere with the thermometer."

"-ay. Sorry."

Simon snatched it out of Zach's mouth the second it beeped. He frowned as he saw the temperature. 

"101. Not alarming, but I'm getting you some paracetamols anyway." 

Zach nodded tiredly, but the nod turned into a slight tremble as his nostrils ignited a tickle. He turned on his side and buried his face in his duvet, denying Simon access to his face as he sneezed. 

"Hh'NGHKT! Ihh'NGT! Hh... Hh'NGX'ch! Ugh, s'cuse me. 

"Bless you and bless you and BLESS you. Need a tissue?" Simon pulled one from the nearest box and handed it towards him. 

Zach tensed immidiately and turned slightly away from Simon, fearing an embarrassing tissue moment coming on. He suddenly felt a gentle squeeze in his hand and his lips turned up in a smile as he brought his own newly acquired tissue to his nose. 

"Thanks, way ahead of you though. Really, there's no need for you to stay. I'm perfectly fine, just really, really..." He yawned, exagerating a little in hope that Simon would take the hint and leave. "... Tired"

He looked at Simon as the older boy scrutinised his face. 

"Riiiiight, so the pink nose, the sneezing and the constant frown on your gorgeous face is an visual presentation of you being fine?"

Zach didn't speak, his dazed mind was trying to figure out how his face looked gorgeous. Simon took it as a slightly pained expression. 

"Awww poor boy. I'll get you some paracetamols." He left the room in search of the pills. 

Zach closed his eyes tight, hoping that this scenario would play out without any embarrassing moments for him. He liked Simon, as a friend and class mate, and sure, they had fun together in drama club after school, but that didn't mean that he... He sighed, leaving the thought unfinished as Simon reentered his room holding a couple of pills and a glass of water. 

He helped Zach up to a sitting position, arranging his pillows to give him some support. Zach felt his head spin uncomfortably at the small strain of sitting upright. Simon gently stroked his shoulders as he downed the pills and the water. He had barely sat the empty glass down before his nose threatened to release another set of ticklish sneezes. His breath started to hitch and he felt Simon supporting him by his shoulders as he leaned his head back to allow the sneezes access. Simon quickly snatched a couple of tissues and placed them in Zach's hand, oblivious to the fact that fresh tissues were already present. 

"Hh...hhh....Hh'NGX'ch! Hu'GKT'ch!" 

Zach sniffled wetly, and buried his face in the tissues. Simon gently stroked his curls as he blew his nose. Zach could barely keep his eyes open anymore. He slumped against Simon's hold, and the older boy chuckled lightly as he helped the sleepy patient lay back down. Simon crouched beside the bed, his eyes locked on Zach's in a warm an affectionate gaze as he gently stroked his curly crown. 

Zach stared back, feeling slightly drunk from his lightheadedness caused by the sneezing. He grew suddenly tense as he noticed Simon leaning in, eyes still locked lovingly on his. Zach shied back slightly, whispering. "Simon please don't, I'm..."

They both turned their heads in surprise as a loud crash sounded from the street below them. Simon got up and looked through the window. He gasped in shock and horror and threw a series of curses at the street before he suddenly turned on his heel and stormed out of Zach's room, leaving the sick boy very confused, very tired, and very relieved. 

............................................…............................................................................... 

Simon was by his car, pulling at his hair and running his eyes over the smooth surface over and over. From Zach's window he was sure he had seen a large whole in the back window, but now, there was nothing to see. The car's alarm was still ringing loudly through the air. He opened the car and turned off the alarm. 

Stupid kids!

Just to make sure, he started the car, testing for warning signs on the dashboard. The minute he turned the key, a loud pop song blared out from the stereo. Simon quickly covered his ears with his hand and shoulder as his other hand searched for the volume button, but it was missing. Cupping both his ears, he could make out the slightly muffled singing of Brandy and Monica.

"You need to give it up 

Had about enough 

It's not hard to see 

The boy is mine 

I'm sorry that you 

Seem to be confused 

He belongs to me 

The boy is mine"

Simon, shocked at the impossible coincidence of the blaring song on his un-turn-downable stereo, glanced nervously around, half expecting to find a beats of a man, patiently thumbing his club into his waiting hand, glaring at him, ready to beat the living shit out of him for almost kissing Zach. Shit! Zach was endearingly cute and he definitely stirred some tender feelings deep in Simon's gut, but he was not worth getting beat up over by some crazy ex. 

He send a quick text to Zach and took off. 

.......................................................................................................................................

Elias turned his eyes to his sleeping ward's phone as it buzzed, showing a short message on the screen.

Gotta go Zach, see you around. Feel better. Simon.

The angel's lips turned up in a smile as the female signing voices fled over the hills and far away. He had saved his ward from the overattentive suitor and doing so had possibly saved his own sanity. His smile grew more affectionate as he watched his ward pull the covers over his sleeping face, releasing a few soft tissues into the fabric. 

"Ha-schoo! He-I-shoo! Eh-schoo!"

Bless you Zachariah, you perfect gentleman!

As he pulled the covers back from Zach's face he noticed a slight wetness to his ward's nose. He quickly grabbed a tissue and carefully dabbed at the wet area. 

Zach sighed with his eyes closed. He mumbled, sleep slurring the words. "Simon?". Silence. "Uhm... Mum?" Elias didn't move. Zach stirred slightly in his sleep but didn't wake. Zach sighed again, smiling in his sleep. "Mmmaster universe, wondered where you'd gone. You back?"

The angel didn't answer, but carefully reached out to brush a few stray curls away from his ward's forehead. Unable to stop himself and too curious to even want to, he softly ran the tip of his finger along Zach's eyebrow down to his cheek, gently trailing his jaw line down to his chin and further down his neck. Zach sighed contently in his sleep, rolled onto his side and rested his head inches from his guardians face. 

"Mmplease". Zach sighed again.

Elias smiled and squirmed a bit closer, letting his glowing fingers caress Zach's back light as feathers. To the guardians great joy, Zach didn't shy away from his touch as he mirrored Simon's caresses. Quite the contrary. The sleeping boy inched towards his caresser, bowing his head forward so that his hot forehead came into direct contact with the angel's lips. Elias froze, not daring to move, afraid that his Zachariah would wake. After a full 5 minutes, his ward was still sleeping peacefully and Elias audaciously continued the lips-to-forehead-kiss that his sleeping parient had initiated. 

Edited by Juto

*melts*

This is so sweet!! The ending ahhhhh... I love this wubsmiley.gif

First I have a special treat for you. The talented Meh surprised me the other day with visual presentations of both Elias and Zachariah, and kindly allowed me to upload them to the thread. Thank you so much Meh, they are much appreciated!! 

Have a look.

Elias: 

http://astralactivity.deviantart.com/art/Elias-541021763?ga_submit_new=10%253A1434853409

Zachariah:

http://astralactivity.deviantart.com/art/Zachariah-541167540?ga_submit_new=10%253A1434916378

Second, here's a new story :-)

Thanks again to Meh who is currently acting as my Angelical Google, giving me support, knowledge and sparking my creativity. Your knowledge of Angels is extraordinary. Thank you for sharing it with me. 

Enjoy (and please drop me a line if you liked it/or didn't! ) I enjoy your comments. Thank you. 

Part 16 - Back in bed

Zach sighed deeply and rolled on to his other side for the 10th time in the last 30 minutes. His congested sinuses and a mild fever had persuaded him to stay home from school and prudence had caused him to stay in bed, curled up with a box of tissues. He had been tossing and turning for what seemed like hours, unable to fall asleep. He pinched his nose tight and drew a fresh tissue as he felt his nostrils prickle dangerously.

"Hh'NGX'cho! Hi'GKT! Hn'NGX'ch! Ugh, gross."

His nose leaked and he tried to blow it but he was too stuffed up and only managed a gurgling sound that made him wince in disgust. He got slowly out of bed, testing his balance. His head was throbbing uncomfortably but he still had to wait for another couple of hours before he could accept another dose of paracetamols. He had no doubt his fevered imagination would present him with them as soon as it was time. He looked around his room, taking in the laundry scattered on the floor and his desk overflowing with books and notes. 

Oh well, no use staying in bed if I can't sleep anyway. 

He sniffled once, cringing at the congested feeling in his nose and set to work. 

...................................................................................................................................

Elias looked dumbfoundedly at his sick ward from his place on the bed. He had been lying next to Zach, trying to arrange his pillows and duvet to support him for comfort, but to no avail. 

And now you're in a cleaning mood, Zachariah? You really should get back to bed before you pass out. 

He patted the empty spot next to him. 

I promise to almost hold you tight and to sing you completely silent lullabies until you fall asleep and if you've been a good boy, I'll even pretend to kiss your fevered brow, your rosy cheeks and your cute little pink nose. 

He smiled charmingly at his ward, still padding the empty spot on the bed. But naturally, his Zachariah paid him no attention whatsoever. The guardian sighed and stood up. 

Fine, I'll help you. The sooner we finish the sooner you will get back in bed right?

No answer. Elias tiptoed around the room, picking up laundry or arranging trinkets whenever Zach's back was turned. His eyes was always on his ward, ready to hand him tissues when he needed them, like now.

"Ah'NGKTX'cho! Hu'GKTX'ch!"

Zach's sneezing was getting stronger and more irritated and Elias could tell Zach had a hard time stifling them. His ward staggered a little and pressed a palm to his sore and throbbing sinuses as he sniffled.

Bless you Zachariah. Will you give up this stupid quest and please come back to bed and let me nurse the exquisite air that surrounds you? 

To the angel's great dismay, Zach nodded contently at his more presentable room and headed downstairs. Elias rolled his eyes, silently cursing Zach's free will. He grabbed a box of tissues and went after him. He found his ward in the living room, dusting the shelves.

Oh hell no! That's just great Zachariah, really smart. Just get that dust flowing, nice and tickly, I'm sure that will greatly improve the state of your stuffed up nose. 

He quickly drew a couple of tissues and stuffed them into his ward's hand as the younger man screwed up into his sneezy looking face. 

Zachariah please...

"Hu'XT'choo! Ah'NGXT'ch!"

... Just stop this madness and get back in your bed.

"Hn'NGH'choo! Hh... Hhh.... Ha'HNGKT'choo! Whoa!"

Bless you. Can we go now please before your head explodes from congestion? Thank you. You really ought to listen more to your own body since you're obviously just gonna ignore MY attempt to... Wait? What are you doing? No Zachariah, come on! Arh, for the love of...

Elias pulled his hair in frustration as Zach (who had abandoned his dusting attempt) went out to get the vacuum cleaner instead. Elias mental voice was drowned out by the whirring of the machine and he soon found himself shouting inaudibly at his sick ward. 

Why do I even bother Zachariah?! Huh? Why? I'll tell you why! Because it's my job! You are my ward and I am sworn to keep to safe and healthy. And I try Zachariah, I really do try. But you are apparently determined to make my job extremely difficult. But it's not your fault, of course it's not your fault. GODS! I only wish that you could see me, that you would listen to me. I mean, do you even know I'm here? That you're not alone anymore Zachariah? Do you have any idea at all who I am?

Elias was so caught up in his ranting and his pacing back and forth in front of Zach, that he hadn't discovered that the vacuuming has stopped and that Zach was standing still, clinging on to the long handle of the vacuum cleaner for support. His face was pale and he was shivering slightly.

"Uhmmm... Master universe...?"

That's right Zachariah, I am the master of your universe. Your one and only master and guardian. I am here for you, day and night, every single minut of every single day - except when I occasionally have to return home to the 6th heaven to shower and change, but that is beside the point. I just feel so bad for you Zachariah.

"... I feel..."

You feel the unfairness of it all, I know. You don't want to be sick anymore, I know. But I am here for you, my Zachariah, my ward, my love. Do you any idea how much I yearn for you. How much I wish that I could wrap you in my loving embrace and hold you while you sleep? That I could audibly bless you when you sneeze and kiss you better? Ahh my Zachariah, do you have any idea how much I love you?

"... A little..."

The angel sighed in pained amusement.

A little? Well I suppose that's better than nothing right? I mean, for you to actually know that I am here and to know how much I love you should be an outright impossibility and as such we can't possibly even consider the fact that you and I...

"... dizzy..."

What? 

The guardian abruptly stopped his pacing and ranting and turned towards his ward. The angel's eyes focused on his ward's shivering frame just in time to see his legs give up their support. The guardian was by his side, swift as the wind, his arms extended to catch his ward and cradle him in his arms as the younger man lost consciousness. 

I did warn you didn't I? You foolish boy.

Affection softened the words and Elias brought his cooled lips to his ward's burning forehead as he carried him up the stairs to his tidy bedroom. 

LOVE. LOVE LOVE LOVE. wubsmiley.gif

This gets better with every part... it's just so sweet... you are amazing!! blushsmiley.gif

Here's a silly little thing. Just for fun.

Enjoy.

Part 17 - Testing... Testing

"Okay Master Universe, so how does this work exactly?"

It was late afternoon. Zach had just returned home from school, a sniffling, coughing and slightly feverish mess. Yet, excited somehow, he wanted to test a theory. He flopped down onto his bed and raised his hands towards the ceiling, over dramatising his act. He froze, arms extended upwards. How did one address the universe anyway? Sod it. It was all in his own mind anyway. Still, points for creativity, right?! He didn't have time to consider it more before he was abruptly interrupted by a building tickle in his nose. He quickly threw the duvet over his head, not wanting to ruin the test because of some magically appearing tissue.

"Hn'HNGT! Hu'GKT! Hhh... Ha-I-choo!" He sniffled and pulled the duvet back, searching the room for tissues that hadn't been there a moment ago. His eyes fell upon a book on his floor. He smiled as he tried to recall the language he had just finished reading and interpreting from "Much ado about nothing" by William Shakespeare. He drew a breath and refocused on his act.

"Lord, Master of the Universe. Mine apologies. Thou findeth me in a less than optimal state this evening. Pray doeth not concerneth yourself, for I am well. I begeth thou, doeth not leaveth mine side but leaveth me unattended. I can bloody well taketh careth of myself."

Zach stopped and listened. There was no sound, no sign that anyone or anything in the entire universe had actually heard him. He felt a minor tightening in his chest and lightly coughed into his wrist trying to prevent a coughing fit. He listened again, nothing.

He felt a burning tickle in his nose and quickly blabbered in not-so-flawless Shakespearean.

"I am about to sneezeth. Pleaseth refrain from offering any hhh...assi-hhh-stance....hhh... Hn'NGXT'cho! Hi'HNGT!" He sniffled wetly and looked around. Not a tissue in sight, brilliant. So far, his test was going according to plan.

Zach kept the act up for a couple of hours, coughing, sneezing and sniffling as he did his homework and ate his dinner but it was beginning to take its toll on him. He could tell his fever had risen and he was beginning to feel lightheaded. Time to test his main hypothesis.

He raised his arms to the ceiling a final time, trying to construct the Shakespearean sentences in his mind.

"I shall anon venture into the ordinary of the sleeping. prayeth, doeth not concerneth yourself for I am still fine, uh, Hn'HNGXT'ch! Dang it! Compliment extern can be deceptive. Nay needeth to assisteth me in any way. Thanketh thou."

..............................................................................................................................................

The guardian buried his face in his hand as his shoulders shook with silent laughter.

Uhhhh Zachariah, you wonderful bundle of weirdness.

His face grew serious as he watched his obviously feverish and exhausted ward climb under the covers, shivering and sniffling.

I am your guardian though, not your 16th century servant. I do not obey, I protect, and right now, you need me, whether you like it or not.

He waited anxiously, counting the seconds until his ward was asleep and he could set to work. Once he was sure his ward was sleeping, Elias eased himself down on the bed next to Zach. He gently lifted the boys shirt and ran his vapo-rub-full hand against the smooth surface of the boy's chest, silently willing his lungs to release their tightness. Next, he ran a vapo-rubbed finger along Zach's nose, trying to release some of the congestion. He scooped another pillow under Zach's head to lift it slightly more and ease his breathing. Finally, he placed several boxes of tissues on the bed and a dose of paracetamols and a glass of cool water on the nightstand. As he deemed his duty finished he carefully brushed his lips to his Zachariah's hot forehead, slit a few tissues into his hand and took his seat at the corner of the bed, watching over his sick ward.

The angel jumped, startled as Zach's alarm suddenly went off an hour later. Zach mumbled sleepily and lifted himself up on his elbows and switched the alarm of.

He muffled a cough into his wrist, a confused yet, slightly satisfied look on his face. He sat up, sniffing in the scent of mint. He brought his hand to his face, smiling at the tissues he found there.

"Hn'HNGXT'CH! Snf! Hh...hhhh.... Hh'NKXT'ch!"

He was still smiling as the blew his nose and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

For a second, Elias found himself starring directly into his Zachariah's deep, rainclouded eyes. Zach sighed and smiled as he focused on the wall behind his guardian.

"I knew you wouldn't disappoint, Master Universe. Thank you for putting up with me."

He raised his glass of water after putting the paracetamols in his mouth. "Definitely an A+. I salute you, my friend." And he downed the liquid.

Elias beheld his ward, his own face few inches from Zach's, close enough that the angel could feel the heat radiating off his ward. He noticed Zach's eyes drooping, closing again as the boy succumbed to sleep. The angel grew bold and leaned forward to gently press his lips to Zach's forehead, leaning into to the kiss with enough pressure to gently lure the almost sleeping Patient back down on his bed.

"Goodnight my friend, my Zachariah."

The angel smiled affectionately at his flushed and sleeping ward. Apparently he had passed some test?!

Ahhhh when?! They must meet soon you're killing me!!

I know the anticipation must be killing you, but hang in there! This is just the rising action and we have some really awesome stuff planned, and that's a fact.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth." (2nd Beatitude)

"Patience is bitter but it's fruit is sweet." (Aristotle)

"All good things to those who wait."(Mother Gothel)

Trust us. It'll be worth waiting for.

Edited by Meh

So, here's today's treat :-)

A couple of amazing drawings from the multitalented Meh.

Here's Elias

http://astralactivity.deviantart.com/art/Landing-541891666?ga_submit_new=10%253A1435193510

And here's a really cute drawing from “Back to bed”

http://d.pr/i/1aWJI

More to come (I am told).

And a new Drabble. This particular piece is a collaboration between Meh, who is in fact a walking encyclopaedia of all things Angelical, and yours truly.

For those of you who have been waiting for Elias to sneeze, we hope you will like this one. There will be more, I promise.

As always, we would simply LOVE to hear your thoughts (good or bad), they are our caffeine, they fuel our minds.

Thank you so much for all the support and your wonderful comments.

Part 18 - Angelic Health Class

Zach tumbled around in his bed, unable to relax in his sleep, twisting and turning, sweating underneath his duvet but starting to shiver without it. The guardian knew that Zach had succumbed to yet another virus infection, and he had provided his ward with painkillers, vapo-rub, and enough tissues to last a normal person a lifetime (so Zach was probably good for a week... Maybe two).

Elias painfully recalled his own rendez vous with a virus as part of his Guardian Angel Training Program. He shuddered at the memory. That had NOT been a pleasant experience. But at least he had a good sense of the symptoms and what his poor ward was going through. He also knew that most vira were resistant to medication, he therefor resolved to curling up next to his sleeping Zachariah and gently brushed his hot forehead with his glowing fingers, trying to relieve the throbbing pain he knew was lurking behind Zach's eyes. His boy murmured softly in appreciation and turned his face towards Elias. Letting himself be bold, the guardian touched his lips to his ward's feverish brow, whispering softly.

"I feel for you, my Zachariah. I've been there too.. If only for 10 minutes".

The guardian continued his soft caresses to his ward's fevered skin as he let the memory of the Health Training flood his mind.

~

He was seated in a white high school-looking desk in a dimly lit, dreary looking classroom. There weren't any posters, nothing on the teacher's desk at the front of the room, just a simple glistening clean whiteboard with several black markers sitting on the ledge at the bottom. The room was silent when their teacher, Izra'il, the Patron Angel of Health, entered the room.

"Okay who's ready for health week?" Elias's overly excited teacher asked while seemingly gushing with happiness. All he received in reply was a collective groan.

Elias had heard stories from fellow guardian trainees that this was the worst class they ever had the misfortune of taking, and he wasn't really looking too forward to it.

"Today we'll begin with the most unpleasant of common human illness: the virus, mostly responsible for colds, flus, and other types of infection. Due to time constraints, we'll shorten it to a 10 minute period in which you will experience all the symptoms. Be aware, that most common vira are medicinally untreatable, so as proper guardians make mental notes of how you feel, what your body experiences and how you could relieve the symptoms, knowing that you will probably have to exercise it on your ward at some point or other. Elias snorted noncommittally as he glanced around the room. He severely doubted that anyone in this room had a ward with a worse immune system than his seemed to have. He would have to really pay attention, make notes, soak up the experience and remember so he could be the right type of guardian for Zachariah. He looked back at his beaming teacher.

Ahh man! Izra'il was WAY too excited about this. "Ready class. 1-2-3."

The teacher snapped his fingers and Elias began to feel fatigued and more sore than he thought was possible, and noticed that his breathing was growing restricted. It hurt to move, and it was hard to breathe. He suddenly felt cold and started to shiver, noticing that the trainees surrounding him seemed to have the same problems, but it didn't look like they had it nearly as bad as he did.

He felt a tickle deep in his sinuses and scrunched up his nose in an effort to get rid of the uncomfortable sensation. The feeling didn't go away though, it just grew. He rubbed his nose with the back of his hand as his breath hitched. He succeeded only in delaying he inevitable.

"Hiih...hh-hi-HITchew! ITChew! EXTCHOO! Ek'ngchuh! Owwww..."

He had attempted to stifle the last one, but it made his head spin and his already sore throat burn. The rest of the trainees in the room seemed to be coping well, but he sure wasn't. He felt cold, but he was sweating; his body felt heavy but his head felt so light; and all of a sudden couldn't stay awake as his head hit the desk...hard.

"Elias?!?"

He opened his eyes and noticed he felt normal again except for a throbbing pain at the front of his head. He brought his hand to his forehead and felt a growing knot. His face took on a look of confusion and he turned to find Izra'il next to his desk, looking rather shaken. Elias gave him a questioning look. The teacher returned his stare, concern painting his face.

"You passed out. It doesn't happen often but sometimes there are angels with weaker immune systems and...well... THAT...happens."

Elias blushed when he realised the rest of his peers were looking at him. "Uhm, Sorry." A terrible thought crossed his mind. "So what does this mean? Can I still be a guardian?"

"Don't be alarmed. These sessions are for training purposes only, so of course you can still be a guardian. It just means I have to be more careful with you during these simulations."

Elias drew his eyebrows together as his teacher became lost in thought.

"What?" He asked, fearing the worst.

"Nothing, nothing. I was merely wondering. Did you die of illness back in... When was it?"

Elias shook his head and lifted his shirt, shoving his teacher the single scar on his chest. "No, bullet. 1940."

His teacher still looked concerned and lost in his own thoughts.

"So, anything I should be aware of now that I apparently have a less than strong immune system? I mean, I haven't been sick in the 75 years I've been here. Angels don't get sick, right? So, why should there be cause for concern?"

The teacher shook his head absentmindedly. "It really doesn't matter... As long as..." He trailed off, giving Elias an intense look. "Just promise yourself, and me, that you'll never fall from grace. If you do, you will make yourself susceptible to diseases, and with your weakened immune system, I highly doubt you'll enjoy your humanity." And with that, he nodded to Elias and returned to address the rest of the class.

Elias was still confused. Why would he ever fall from grace? Why would he ever want to become human? He turned his attention back to the continuing class but he figured he'd given Izra'il a real scare because as his teacher snapped his fingers again, bringing disease down upon the trainees, he didn't feel even remotely as sick as before. He left the health class as soon as he could, embarrassment and anger plain in his face.

~

The guardian's mind drifted back to Zach, and the angel's lips curled up in a smile as he noticed his ward was about to sneeze in his sleep... Again. Why did he find this so endearing? To be honest, it was cute as hell... Or heaven!

He quickly drew a fresh tissue and held it against Zach's nose before the ward could pull his duvet over his face.

"Ha-I-shoo! He-e-choo!"

The angel smiled again and gave Zach's nose a gentle swipe before removing the tissue.

Bless you Zachariah, you adorable creature.

6 months ago he couldn't fathom what could possible drive him to loose his grace. But now, looking at his sick ward, every fibre in his body yearned for him! If anything could make him want to lose grace and become human, it was his Zachariah.

Awwwwgfhjkjggguo!!!! Elias is such a babe what cuties both of them!!! <3

Awwwwgfhjkjggguo!!!! Elias is such a babe what cuties both of them!!! <3

I hope you liked Elias's sneezing. I have more in store for him, just be patient.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

AHHH I LOVED THIS PART. SO MUCH. I can't even describe it in words ;;

The teacher shook his head absentmindedly. "It really doesn't matter... As long as..." He trailed off, giving Elias an intense look. "Just promise yourself, and me, that you'll never fall from grace. If you do, you will make yourself susceptible to diseases, and with your weakened immune system, I highly doubt you'll enjoy your humanity." And with that, he nodded to Elias and returned to address the rest of the class.

I actually didn't expect this at all... *still in shock*

So now I know... it's possible for him to become human and meet Zachariah??? And maybe get sick too pinch.gif

That sounds.. perfect wubsmiley.gif

Great job to you and Meh, seriously! You guys are amazing, keep up the good work!! :D

AHHH I LOVED THIS PART. SO MUCH. I can't even describe it in words ;;

I actually didn't expect this at all... *still in shock*

So now I know... it's possible for him to become human and meet Zachariah??? And maybe get sick too pinch.gif

That sounds.. perfect wubsmiley.gif

Great job to you and Meh, seriously! You guys are amazing, keep up the good work!! :D

Oh, we intend to, I promise you!! Hehe we are creative enough to throw in a few plot twists along the way. Have no doubt, we look foreward to the meeting as much as you, but getting there is half the fun!

Thank you so much for finishing "sorry", by the way! I can't tell you how much I loved those characters.

Plot twists are the best! I can't wait for the next part :D

I'm so glad you liked "Sorry", by the way! Thanks for commenting on it, it means a lot :)