Sneeze Fetish Forum

Some Movie-Inspired Plot Bunnies

Blah!?

As some of you may know I come up with around a hundred story ideas a week, but I only have the combined interest, time and motivation to write less than one of them. As a result I thought I'd throw some up here and see what happens. I might try writing some of these if enough people are interested, and regardless of that feel free to take them for yourselves if they interest you. Bear in mind that these are simply movie-inspired, and they're not really meant to be made for fanfiction. That said, they totally could be if you wanted them to in your own writing, but for the sake of full disclosure that's just not how I imagined them. I also originally envisioned them with female characters doing the sneezing, but again if you want to write any of these yourselves, you can do whatever you like.

Inspired by Inside Out (which I should admit I haven't actually seen):

I technically have three different but related ideas for this. Taking a cue from Inside Out's personified emotions, these ideas revolve around personified allergens and other things that cause sneezing. If anyone wants to take any of these ideas you can make up whatever characters you want, but here are some that I've thought of already:

• A "cold" character who's whiny and clingy but ultimately friendly.
  • A "pollen" character who could either be a bubbly cheerleader type, or a nature-y botanist, gardener, or something similar.
  • A "dust" character who's essentially a goth, though more gray themed than black themed.
  • And lastly a "dander" character who's extremely hyper and playful, similar to a dog.

So, going from there, I have three little plot/premise ideas to choose from:

• Most similarly to the movie, the characters all live inside of a human's nose, and its their job to make their host person sneeze whenever their associated allergens are present, or if the person has a cold, etc...

• The characters are just regular people meant to represent their respective allergens/other sneeze causes. Each one is allergic to their allergen of inspiration, the cold character frequently catches colds, and so on.

• Sort of a hybrid between the two: the main characters are regular people, and they move into a house or apartment owned by another character who represents the nose. Either the other characters' mere presence could make the landlord sneeze, or they each do things that cause sneezing.

Inspired by Mad Max:

Mostly talking Fury Road here of course, but there's a little bit taken from The Road Warrior too. One of these is a plot while the other is more of a premise, and they could certainly be used either together or separately.

• A lone road warrior is tasked with transporting a rare item of cargo across the wasteland, and they end up being allergic to it. It could be something like an endangered plant or animal, and it could also be something that's hidden from the main character at first. For example, they simply pick up another person who has a bit of luggage, and they only discover the allergen after sneezing for a while.

• At some point in the future, humanity uses a vegetation bomb to help repair the environment. It ends up working too well, and the world becomes a wasteland overgrown with mutated plants. Some bastions of civilization do still exist, but large enough areas have been reclaimed by nature that the ecosystem as a whole has become far less hospitable to non-plant life. For example, open areas will sometimes have pollen storms similar to the sandstorm in the first chase sequence of Fury Road.

And there you have it. I really hope at least some of you get some enjoyment out of these, either because I end up writing some or you choose to write them for yourselves. If anybody comes up with any related ideas, feel free to post them here too. It'll be fun to see what kind of stuff everyone thinks of.

A "cold" character who's whiny and clingy but ultimately friendly.

A "pollen" character who could either be a bubbly cheerleader type, or a nature-y botanist, gardener, or something similar.

A "dust" character who's essentially a goth, though more gray themed than black themed.

And lastly a "dander" character who's extremely hyper and playful, similar to a dog.

I love this! I'm so into variety and different types of sneezing (causes + styles), as well as variety when it comes to characters in general. If I wrote this then it would be all female, and I haven't done anything like that in years, so let me think about it...

In the meantime, I'd love to see someone else give it a try too!

• Sort of a hybrid between the two: the main characters are regular people, and they move into a house or apartment owned by another character who represents the nose. Either the other characters' mere presence could make the landlord sneeze, or they each do things that cause sneezing.

I really like this idea actually. Might try to write something about it.

An idea for "pollen":

Maybe pollen (the character) is under the impression that pollen (the substance) is incredibly dangerous and needs to be sneezed out of the nose as soon as possible? Since allergies are caused by the immune system thinking something harmless is actually a threat.

I really like this idea actually. Might try to write something about it.

Oooh, I like this as well. I'm going to start writing something like this, let me know if it's already been done!

• 10 months later...

Archived