Sneeze Fetish Forum

Compulsory age (range) on profiles?

Heathcliff

Hi Dusty15. Thank you for your clarifications. Is this only visible when registering?

I registered more than ten years ago, and have to admit I don't remember a thing of what it said.

(And maybe it didn't even mention all these things back then?).

Nope! It's there at the right hand corner of the footer of the Forum on every page smile.png Might not be on the mobile site, but definitely on the main site.

The constitution is also what automatically comes up if you type in the url "sneezefetishforum.org" without adding "/forums" at the end.

Sorry- we were referring to the Privacy Policy. It's there beside the link to the Constitution smile.png

Woops, didn't read back far enough and thought you were referring to both!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dusty15. Thank you for your clarifications. Is this only visible when registering?

I registered more than ten years ago, and have to admit I don't remember a thing of what it said.

(And maybe it didn't even mention all these things back then?).

Nope! It's there at the right hand corner of the footer of the Forum on every page smile.png Might not be on the mobile site, but definitely on the main site.

Thanks, found it now !

From the Staff:

The Staff would like to address the current concerns raised by some members.

We took all of your suggestions and opinions on board and implemented a compromise which we deemed to be most appropriate. It was indeed discussed making ages or age ranges compulsory, but there is a long history of not requiring members to share their age for a variety of reasons and it was decided, for both logistical reasons and in respect of the decision of some members not to reveal this information, that the current option of "Not Telling" would remain. Some members do not want to list their exact age and it was our hope that by compromising with the offer of an age range, more members would be compelled to share their demographic rather than "Not Telling". It was unclear to us that so many members actually preferred specific ages versus a range when this was selected as an attempted compromise.

The Staff do not wish to quash any member's opinions or concerns on the matter, but we would like to advise that we have implemented this to see if it is something that will work. No change is perfect straight away, there are issues which need to be addressed but these cannot be foreseen before it is trialed. If this age-range change doesn't work, then the Staff will consider this and take it on board but we would ask that all members at least try it for a while and if it doesn't work then we will discuss it further. It may be worth noting that all members that have signed up singe the age range system was implemented have selected a range, while in the past, a least a percentage have opted to not disclose their age at all. Of course this could be a fluke, but that's why it's important to test a new system before deciding its effectiveness.

There seems to be a growing concern about predatory behavior on the forum. The staff has not noticed an increase in this behavior or the number of reports filed and we can't anticipate (or make rules to cover) everything that could possibly go wrong. If users notice behaviors that could be predatory, please use the report feature immediately so staff can address it.

Additionally, this process is about finding a balance between minor's safety and adult member's comfort and sometimes (not always) these two items are in direct conflict with each other. The vigorous debate that this topic has generated clearly shows that there are a huge variety of opinions on what to do and the staff is tasked with finding a suitable compromise. The staff is made up of members who volunteer their time to try and make this forum as safe and friendly as possible. We brainstorm, discuss, and debate all decisions before implementing them.

We would like to thank you all for your suggestions and comments in this matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't hate me..but I feel like maybe it should be a requirement to be 18+ to join the forum since it is a sexual fetish!

*runs and hides*

Archived