21 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Today marks my 8th anniversary on the forum! Time sure does fly! :P

Happy(ness) forum-versary, Sherlock!

:joal:

13 minutes ago, Joal 555 said:

Happy(ness) forum-versary, Sherlock!

Thank you, Joal! :) :D 

Im super close to getting my masters. I just need to wait to take a math test to get rid of a credit issue.... Then by the end of this month...

My MAT!! (Masters of Arts in Teaching) then im planning on earning my second Masters of Fine Arts within 2-4 years from now. And Im putting my portfolio together for tenure since my principal low key was like: "Yeah i was thinking of you with it"

And im taking a CPR/AED Course to earn my certification. I did before but it expired! This saturday! 

The little things. :)

8 hours ago, Arty said:

Im super close to getting my masters. I just need to wait to take a math test to get rid of a credit issue.... Then by the end of this month...

My MAT!! (Masters of Arts in Teaching) then im planning on earning my second Masters of Fine Arts within 2-4 years from now. And Im putting my portfolio together for tenure since my principal low key was like: "Yeah i was thinking of you with it"

And im taking a CPR/AED Course to earn my certification. I did before but it expired! This saturday! 

The little things. :)

That’s awesome!!!  Go you!

I applied for my dream job yesterday.   I barely qualify if you use your imagination, but hoping someone will take a chance on a soon to be new grad.  

5 minutes ago, aggedy_ann said:

I applied for my dream job yesterday.   I barely qualify if you use your imagination, but hoping someone will take a chance on a soon to be new grad.  

Ooooh, good luck!!!! Fingers crossed! ^_^ 

I didn't eat my ice cream tonight, which is good because I'm gonna want it tomorrow. :D 

On 8/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, aggedy_ann said:

Wooooo!!!!!🤞🏾🤞🏾

I read a news article today where the journalist, instead of using the word "people" (as in "affects a certain number of people worldwide each year"), used the word "earthlings". Apart from that, it was a totally normal article. I don't know why that made me happy, but it did. :yay: 

Shaved my head Friday and it's just so fuzzy and I've gotten way more compliments than I expected and I love it because I finally feel more androgynous and less girly! :dancesequence:

8 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Shaved my head Friday

No more (Sher)locks? :glare:

I'm happy for you!

3 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

No more (Sher)locks? :glare:

I'm happy for you!

I always love your puns, lmfao! :laugh:

3 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I always love your puns, lmfao! :laugh:

Thank you!

That made me happy too.

Welp, turns out one of my budgie hens is actually a cock. Annnnd I'm going to be a birdy grandma. Three eggies so far but I expect one more at the least. All three of them seem invested in the eggs so I'm hoping when the chicks hatch I won't need to take over their care. Stocking up on formula and other supplies just in case! 

Such mixed feelings right now! 😬

8 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Welp, turns out one of my budgie hens is actually a cock. Annnnd I'm going to be a birdy grandma. Three eggies so far but I expect one more at the least. All three of them seem invested in the eggs so I'm hoping when the chicks hatch I won't need to take over their care. Stocking up on formula and other supplies just in case! 

"Eggies". :lol:  You're gonna be the best birdy grandma in the world, I can tell already. Congratulations! 

ETA: Horsey is back from her summer camp and is in great shape (huge pastures, they roam 24/7) and even better mood. But sleepy, after several months of having to be alert both day and night. I love that, she's so cuddly when she's sleepy. She's not a cuddler normally. So today we were cuddling for about an hour and she fell asleep with her head resting on my shoulder. I love that lady. :wub: )

Edited by Chanel_no5
36 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

"Eggies". :lol:  You're gonna be the best birdy grandma in the world, I can tell already. Congratulations! 

ETA: Horsey is back from her summer camp and is in great shape (huge pastures, they roam 24/7) and even better mood. But sleepy, after several months of having to be alert both day and night. I love that, she's so cuddly when she's sleepy. She's not a cuddler normally. So today we were cuddling for about an hour and she fell asleep with her head resting on my shoulder. I love that lady. :wub: )

Lmfao! Mah birbs have eggies! :laugh: Thanks, I hope so! I'm woefully inexperienced so I'm scrambling to read and watch every resource I can to make sure these babies make it!

Sounds like Horsey had a marvelous Summer! :D Though I do believe she might've been missing mom!

45 minutes ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Hey so I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but are you sure one of them is male? I only ask because it's entirely possible for budgies and other parrots to lay non-fertile eggs just like chickens do. The main way you'd tell is by the color of the skin around the nares/nostrils. In any case, it's best to leave the eggs in there even if they aren't fertile because the birds would just be encouraged to keep laying more if they are removed and they aren't built for constant laying like chickens are. If they don't hatch after a certain amount of time, they will likely lose interest. If they are fertile, then I wish you the best of luck with them.

13 minutes ago, Shay said:

Hey so I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but are you sure one of them is male? I only ask because it's entirely possible for budgies and other parrots to lay non-fertile eggs just like chickens do. The main way you'd tell is by the color of the skin around the nares/nostrils. In any case, it's best to leave the eggs in there even if they aren't fertile because the birds would just be encouraged to keep laying more if they are removed and they aren't built for constant laying like chickens are. If they don't hatch after a certain amount of time, they will likely lose interest. If they are fertile, then I wish you the best of luck with them.

Yes. I candled the eggs and they have blood veins on top of catching him mating her a while back. The mama in question has a chronic laying problem so I'm no stranger to her popping eggs like mad. She sits until she's ready then she eats them for the nutrients. :)  But thanks for the concern.

Edited by SneezyHolmes
1 minute ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Yes. I candled the eggs and they have blood veins on top of catching him mating her a while back. The mama in question has a chronic laying problem so I'm no stranger to her popping eggs like mad. She sits until she's ready then she eats them for the nutrients. :) 

Okay, well best of luck to you then. I hope all goes smoothly and you enjoy the babies.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:57 PM, SneezyHolmes said:

I'm scrambling to read and watch every resource I can to make sure these babies make it!

And that's how I now know beyond a doubt that you'll be the best birdy grandma ever. ^_^  Good luck with the eggies! 

Hahaha, not so sure horsey missed me that much. She does think I give the best cuddles and she missed her favourite peppermint treats which only I provide, but otherwise I'm probably replaceable. :lol:  But that's alright. She's irreplaceable to me. 💖 🐎

• 3 weeks later...