• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chanel_no5

• Rook

• Kaze Wo Hiku

• SneezyHolmes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's my cat's one year adoptiversary today!! ❤ we're currently snuggled on the couch celebrating and it's so lovely. 

Cutekats just went to another piano lesson. It was near the very end and my teacher was making a copy of something for me and I was running through How Far I'll Go from Moana. Suddenly, my teacher's three year old daughter comes running into the room jumping up and down because apparently she could tell what song I was playing even though it wasn't the greatest since I just started learning (but I've made a lot of progress!) My teacher made her sit down, and her daughter whispered very loudly "im sitting quietly!" Which totally made me smile and laugh. It was so adorable and it made me happy that someone so young could tell what I was playing because I had  pause a lot and sort out all the chords. Her daughter did the same exact thing last week! 

Also can't wait to start working on the Beauty and The Beast!! It looks extremely complicated and confusing, but once I learn the key signature (Gb major, ugh) it will definitely be easier.

8 minutes ago, Cutekats said:

Cutekats just went to another piano lesson. It was near the very end and my teacher was making a copy of something for me and I was running through How Far I'll Go from Moana. Suddenly, my teacher's three year old daughter comes running into the room jumping up and down because apparently she could tell what song I was playing even though it wasn't the greatest since I just started learning (but I've made a lot of progress!) My teacher made her sit down, and her daughter whispered very loudly "im sitting quietly!" Which totally made me smile and laugh. It was so adorable and it made me happy that someone so young could tell what I was playing because I had  pause a lot and sort out all the chords. Her daughter did the same exact thing last week! 

Also can't wait to start working on the Beauty and The Beast!! It looks extremely complicated and confusing, but once I learn the key signature (Gb major, ugh) it will definitely be easier.

You'll do great I love Beauty and The Beast do you know what song you are doing or is it the song Beauty and The Beast 

14 minutes ago, batmansgirl said:

You'll do great I love Beauty and The Beast do you know what song you are doing or is it the song Beauty and The Beast 

It is the song Beauty and The Beast, with John Legend and Ariana Grande. I've been working my way around the circle of fifths on the sharps and I just finished B Major and now I'm starting on the flat side before I learn anymore of the Enharmonic Keys. So Gb major is one of my last ones I'll learn, and the Beauty and The Beast switches key signatures several times during the song so I might as well learn the entire circle of fifths first.

But in the mean time I have How Far I'll Go and Lost Boy to learn, both in familiar keys :) 

Y'know what makes ME happy?

This topic.

NOW EVERYONE JOIN ME FOR A VIRTUAL HUG

Finally after moving in nearly 3 mons ago we have landscaping and grass and though it cost more than we planned for, I love it and now it looks finished from the outside. No more dirt yard ^^

Edited by Kaze wo Hiku
23 hours ago, Cutekats said:

It is the song Beauty and The Beast, with John Legend and Ariana Grande. I've been working my way around the circle of fifths on the sharps and I just finished B Major and now I'm starting on the flat side before I learn anymore of the Enharmonic Keys. So Gb major is one of my last ones I'll learn, and the Beauty and The Beast switches key signatures several times during the song so I might as well learn the entire circle of fifths first.

But in the mean time I have How Far I'll Go and Lost Boy to learn, both in familiar keys :) 

That's AWESOME :)

Today my husband called the sausage patties my son was having for breakfast, wait for it, "Pig Cookies."

:lol: :rollfast::lol: 

Sorry, I can't stop laughing. It's over 12 hours later and the thought still nearly puts me in hysterics. 

Pig Cookies. :lol1: 

I'm not even drunk. :P 

I have rp friends I have Friends and I feel ok  

My cat has recovered and is eating and drinking voluntarily.   He's in fine form now, you'd never know he'd had anything wrong.  He had me heartbroken lately but he's back to his old self and we were doing our make up together as usual this morning.

Disclaimer: I do not put any makeup on the cat.  He just really really likes it when I pet his face with the different brushes and tell him he's pretty and I actually have to get up earlier than I normally would to make time for that part of our routine!! :laugh:

10 minutes ago, SleepingPhlox said:

He just really really likes it when I pet his face with the different brushes and tell him he's pretty and I actually have to get up earlier than I normally would to make time for that part of our routine!! :laugh:

I love this. Will you and your cat marry me and my cats? :wub::lol: That is the cutest morning routine I've ever heard of. :heart: 

1 hour ago, SleepingPhlox said:

My cat has recovered and is eating and drinking voluntarily.   He's in fine form now, you'd never know he'd had anything wrong.  He had me heartbroken lately but he's back to his old self and we were doing our make up together as usual this morning.

Disclaimer: I do not put any makeup on the cat.  He just really really likes it when I pet his face with the different brushes and tell him he's pretty and I actually have to get up earlier than I normally would to make time for that part of our routine!! :laugh:

Amazing. Does it look something like this?

I love the feeling of driving over a massive hill, reaching the top and then seeing a breathtaking view as you wind your way down.

Having a killer time on the open road! Just got to New Mexico and its simply stunning! I don't think I ever wanna go back home!

Edited by SneezyHolmes

This past monday, my girlfriend's baby daughter was born, 2 weeks early but healthy and happy as a clam. She's not my blood but I already love her anyway. What is happening in my brain? Actually you know what screw it I don't care. Just keep it comin'. :cryhappy: 

Woke up kind of sad, but everything feels a bit better now that I'm back in bed with a purring cat sat on my foot. :inlove:

Omg, something kind of amazing just happened. There's this old school MUD game that I've been playing on and off for probably nearly fifteen years. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's kind of like WoW except that it's a pretty much entirely text based game. Anyway, recently I had gotten the urge to make a gender-neutral character and so I posted on the game message boards about it. It was pretty much shot down by one of the game creators, not because they don't want to be inclusive, but just for technical reasons. Even though it would be easier to do something like this on a text game than a graphical one, it still required much more work than I realized. Since it's a free game and the creators are all volunteers, I understood, even if I was disappointed. It basically boiled down to having characters with they/them/their pronouns would break a lot of stuff in the game grammatically and they couldn't see putting that much effort into doing something like that when society doesn't even have a set standard yet for neutral pronouns(though I would have thought "they" would be generic enough even if it isn't everyone's preference and better than not having it at all).

After getting that explanation, although I was disappointed, I did thank the game creator for explaining exactly why it wasn't going to happen and for responding so quickly. I was prepared to forget about it and simply move on. A few days later is when the amazing thing happen. In response to the thread I started on the game boards, someone else decided to organize the game's first ever Pride event. So yeah, even though I'm not going to be involved in organizing this thing, and I'm not even sure yet if I'll be able to attend, it feels pretty damn amazing that I'm indirectly responsible for it happening. Since I don't have many friends on that game and most of the friends I have made don't play much any more, I was actually thinking the other day that I doubt anyone would really miss me if i just never came back, but it feels great to know that I can still have a significant effect on the game community even if I'm not well known or popular there.

I'm finally home and in my own space after a week! I've missed my laptop and Netflix waaaay too much! It feels so good to be home but I am so glad I went and got to see new places and meet new people! That being said I have officially travelled from one side of the US to the other! Granted I haven't been to every state (yet!) but from NY (A few years ago) to Cali! :D I feel so accomplished right now I could scream!

I came out to myself almost half a year ago, and even though I've never felt more at home with an identity than I do with the lesbian label, I struggled so much with compulsory heterosexuality and wondering whether it was really true for me because of my residual romantic feelings for men. (Feelings that were, to be exact, admiring them and wanting to be close friends with them... and never ever ever having sex with them.)

I'm not pining over my ex anymore or having regrets about coming out. I've never felt more confident that this is who I am, and I'm just so happy to be gay. I finally feel normal. So much of my distress is gone now. My passionate, sexual feelings about women aren't part of some random, disconnected activity that I only entertain when I'm alone because they're irrelevant to the rest of my life. They're an important, relevant part of me that I cherish.

Even with all of the hardships that come with being LGBT, I feel so fortunate to have been chosen by the universe to experience all of the good that comes with it.

I love being same-gender attracted. I love how cool and fun and delightfully subversive it is. I love the bond it allows me to have with other LGBT people, the perspective it's given me, and the amplification of positive feelings I get from being in love because of the historical power and resilience in my community. I'm so proud of us. I'm a huge G-A-Y and it's really wonderful!

29 minutes ago, Sen Beret said:

I came out to myself almost half a year ago, and even though I've never felt more at home with an identity than I do with the lesbian label, I struggled so much with compulsory heterosexuality and wondering whether it was really true for me because of my residual romantic feelings for men. (Feelings that were, to be exact, admiring them and wanting to be close friends with them... and never ever ever having sex with them.)

I'm not pining over my ex anymore or having regrets about coming out. I've never felt more confident that this is who I am, and I'm just so happy to be gay. I finally feel normal. So much of my distress is gone now. My passionate, sexual feelings about women aren't part of some random, disconnected activity that I only entertain when I'm alone because they're irrelevant to the rest of my life. They're an important, relevant part of me that I cherish.

Even with all of the hardships that come with being LGBT, I feel so fortunate to have been chosen by the universe to experience all of the good that comes with it.

I love being same-gender attracted. I love how cool and fun and delightfully subversive it is. I love the bond it allows me to have with other LGBT people, the perspective it's given me, and the amplification of positive feelings I get from being in love because of the historical power and resilience in my community. I'm so proud of us. I'm a huge G-A-Y and it's really wonderful!

I am so happy for you!!! :heart: It is such a wonderful and freeing journey in and of itself in our lifetime journeys towards self-actualization.

Not to co-op your post, but I relate so much to what you wrote. It was around April last year that I really truly realized that my attraction to women and non-binary individuals was just as real and valid as my attraction to men. Even being in a committed relationship with a man, it was still exciting to see these parts of myself brought into clarity, after years of feeling like they were the puzzle pieces that just didn't fit in with the bigger picture of my life. Now they fit snugly and I can't remember what it was like to have a hole where they used to be, since it was always sort of filled without me realizing it!

Yay to late bloomers! :lol: And congrats to Sen for embracing themself and never looking back. <3