Sneeze Fetish Forum

Selective Quote

TwinklingStars053

How do you "selective quote"?

At the bottom of your text post there are three buttons, multiquote, quote, and selective quote. Highlight the piece of text you want to quote from a post and then click selective quote. See? :)

Highlight the text in the post you would like to selectively quote, and then hit this button in the lower corner of that post:

z01CRik.png

That's all there is to it!

edit: Aw what, Harmony posted about three seconds before I did. Beaten to the punch!

I'm highlighting the text, and then clicking selective quote like you guys mentioned but it's not doing anything. I mean it won't show the what I'm trying to quote on the reply box like it does when I quote normally. :(

I would test it in another browser to see if that might be the issue. Not that that'll fix the firefox issue, but it might give us a better idea of what the problem might be. I know a few people were having problems with the Quote function in general until the last update depending on what browsers they were using.

I would test it in another browser to see if that might be the issue. Not that that'll fix the firefox issue, but it might give us a better idea of what the problem might be. I know a few people were having problems with the Quote function in general until the last update depending on what browsers they were using.

I tried it on Google Chrome it still didn't work :(

I also tried it on internet explorer it didn't word either. I'm using a touchscreen laptop if that helps.

I'm on my phone and it doesn't work for me, maybe it can't be a touchscreen?

Yeah that's what I'm guessing even though I tried using my laptop mouse. *Sigh* I guess I'm stuck to just regular quoting :thumbsdown:

I guess I'm stuck to just regular quoting

You can just do a regular quote and delete the parts you don't want quoted.

Ahhh I never would of thought of that. Thanks! :)

Archived