Sneeze Fetish Forum

What Are Your Current Obsessions?

Everyone has at least one thing in which they cannot get enough of. It may be anything from a certain type of food to a television series that you recently stumbled upon. Obsession tends to bud spontaneously, and thrusts you just as hastily into a wondrous world in which you can forget our worldly woes. Some of them can lead to the unhealthy habit of escapism, but when indulged in in moderation, they are harmless (albeit annoying to others, perhaps). They are the passions which help define us, and link us to others who share them. For those reasons and more obsessions have always been an important part of our way of life as humans.

What are some of the obsessions that you have at this point in time? Do you have many or only a handful? Is there anything in particular which draws you to them or are they things which unexpectedly whisked you away?

My answers are as follows:

Series: DRAMAtical Murder (visual novel), Noragami (anime)
Music artist(s): Goatbed, Doxx, and Feint

Surprisingly, I don't have any others. My media intake has slowed considerably. The series I mentioned grew on me before I knew it. I cannot explain what it is about DRAMAtical Murder that I enjoy, but with Noragami it is its overall atmosphere. As for the music artists, I found myself getting lulled into reverie whenever I listened to their songs. Their melodies relaxed me, and washed away any loneliness or unease that I had. So, I came to rely on them to get me through the days. I find that I am unable to make headway on my writing projects unless I have one of them playing in the background. However, Goatbed's upbeat tunes and nonsensical lyrics are best reserved for the times when I am simply just engaged in conversation.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steven Universe. To the point where I am feeling a little embarrassed about it, I worry that I sound like a broken record. I want to branch out more with media fandoms but nothing else strikes my fancy that much.

Musically, I am obsessing over the duet "Not Lookin'", as sung by Mary J. Blige and K-Ci Hailey. I am seriously belting that out at work when I think no one can hear me. '90s R&B is my not so secret weakness.

No shows come to mind but musically I haven't stopped listening to the album Destrier by Agent Fresco since August of this year. I'm sort of obsessing about anything Star Wars related as well to feed my anticipation for the movie.

Oh! One other thing. Monster Hunter 4.

HEARTHSTONE! I'm so into this game right now, even though I'm still a scrub at it. It takes a lot of mechanics from good ol' Magic and simplifies them (what would be colors are broken up into classes, you automatically get mana at a set rate, ect.) so it feels very user friendly. Especially since there's so many different play modes; solo against bosses in adventures, ranked play, casual matchmaking, drafting decks out of a random collection in arena, or tavern brawl with custom rules each week. Also, it's pretty *_*

Oh man so many things right now.

- Supernatural

- Destiel (shutup)

- Pokemon. Loads of them actually but I'm blasting through Omega Ruby at the minute.

- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

- The band Augustina

- Sufjan Stevens

I could go on all night, seriously.

Noragami, lol

Though I have a pretty steady list of things I obsess about and Noragami is just one of those things.

As for TV shows, I'm still obsessing over "Criminal Minds" (the seasons before season 10, which I didn't like, and I haven't seen season 11 yet.). I'm also just crazy about "Big Love", it's so addictive and I just love it so much! :wub: I'm also obsessed with "The Twilight Zone", particularly the earliest seasons.

Anything written by Stephen King, always.

The book series Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, mother of god Im so glad the series is going to be 6 books and not 3. I just got the 3rd in paperback and the 4th one should be out soon. Author also did a prequel which I havent read yet.

Doctor Who...but that's been an obsession of mine for a few years....heheheheee

Batman specifically Dick Grayson, Jason Todd....all the bat boys. Assassins Creed III more so for Connor Kenway.

Eddie Gluskin

Wut..?

And oh yeah let's not forget the geeky but freaking awesome Cisco Ramon.

TV Shows: Supernatural, Family Guy, Futurama, Bob's Burgers, Korean dramas like Cheer Up and School 2015, Fresh off the Boat

Music: Korean pop(groups like BTS, Big Bang, VIXX), Sam Smith-Writings on the Wall, BTS- Ma City, VIXX- Spider

Movies: Korean movies like Werewolf or anything on Dramafever, Spectre, Mean Girls

Anime: Soul Eater, Noragami

Clothing: shirt dresses, sweaters, boots, jeans, dress pants, Kpop merchandise

Restaurants: Noodles and Company

Food: Spicy chips, french fries, noodles

Haha, I was actually contemplating making this EXACT THREAD until I saw this...great minds think alike, I guess! :D

So, being a stereotypical teenage girl, when I like something, I get REALLLLLY obsessed with it. A lot. My current obsessions are as follows-

*Pentatonix

*danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil (youtubers)

*Writing, if that's a thing you can get obsessed with, question mark? :lol: since I joined the forum, I've overloaded the notes section on my iPod (or iNotPhone) with stories.

*The game Geometry Dash

*The show Survivor

*The Inter-webs

*Christmas!!!!

I'm still repping pretty hard for Undertale, mmmore than I probably let on. I think that's my only fandom type of interest at the moment (I mean I have tons but they're currently more background, liable to rear their heads at any time).

Otherwise I've been digging on original stuff I'm working on, both solo for the SS and collaboratively through a large, sprawling RP with Meepsy. That one is probably encouraged by hanging out RL and discussing the plot, character development, etc like big nerds.

Also really super into craft beer and dark chocolate covered cranberries lately.

Obsessions, my gosh, I'm not sure if I can even name them all--

Television wise, probably Supergirl. I wasn't even sure if I'd like the show at first, but Melissa Benoist is an adorable cupcake and it's hard for me not to at least tolerate anything she's a main cast member in. Movies, I've been on SUCH a Pixar binge lately. I still have yet to see Inside Out, but it's definitely on my list!

Any type of clothing that even remotely reminds me of Attack On Titan. Socks, jackets, blouses, cravats, gloves, etc.

Besides that, I've been super into Swedish Fish candy and Strawberry lemonade, along with these toasted bagel cracker things. I can tear through about a bag in probably two hours.

TV: Have I mentioned the fact that I just watched Buffy for the first time this year? I may have mentioned this once or twice.

And I've calmed down a little bit since watching initially, but I got really emotionally-invested in Steven Universe, too. It's just such a breath of fresh air to people of my generation and older, who, when we were kids, never thought we'd see the day that these kinds of themes would be explored on a cute and accessible kids' show.

Food: Lentils. I know that sounds boring as fuck, but I hadn't eaten them in a long time, and I forgot how simple and delicious they were. :lol:

Movies: I'm dying to see What We Do in the Shadows again. I only saw it the one time, while it was still in theaters, but it was instantly my truest love. :rofl:

Music: I don't think I've gone a single day of 2015 without listening to Hozier in some capacity. Depraved thoughts about his face, voice, body, and mannerisms aside, that whole repurposing-ancient-symbols-to-describe-everyday-life style of writing just really resonates with me.

Also, I know it's old news to most people on the internet, but I was just introduced to Hamilton, and went from zero to punching-through-the-shower-curtain-screaming, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT ANGELICA SAID...?!" ... real quick. Related to the above, I'm sure my neighbors are relieved to have a break from Once More, with Feeling, but not impressed, overall.

Other: I'm really heavily-fixated on planning out tattoos and fantasizing about general body mod stuff that I'd be getting if money were no object, ho hum.. :lol:

Eddie Gluskin

I will forever be amazed (slightly terrified but amazed) that there is such a big fandom for this character. I mean, I effing love Outlast with all its lore and gore and gorgeous/horrifying visuals and spectacular voice-acting, but... I still remember going into the Outlast tag on Tumblr to look for nice, creepy environment gif sets and instead happening upon tons and tons of cutesey Gluskin fanart. :laugh: Totally cool and all, but not what I expected.

Anyway. My obsessions tend to stay the same for a long time. I guess I'm sort of, uh, fandom-monogamous, in that way. So, for me it's still Cumberbatch all the way. Cumberbatch and BUCK-TICK. I'll never be free. :arrowheadsmiley:

Those are the big ones. I have smaller obsessions on the side (Doctor Who, Steven Universe, Kingsman, some survival horror game titles), but they can't really compare to the first two. :sweatdrop:

Eddie Gluskin

I will forever be amazed (slightly terrified but amazed) that there is such a big fandom for this character. I mean, I effing love Outlast with all its lore and gore and gorgeous/horrifying visuals and spectacular voice-acting, but... I still remember going into the Outlast tag on Tumblr to look for nice, creepy environment gif sets and instead happening upon tons and tons of cutesey Gluskin fanart. :laugh: Totally cool and all, but not what I expected.

Anyway. My obsessions tend to stay the same for a long time. I guess I'm sort of, uh, fandom-monogamous, in that way. So, for me it's still Cumberbatch all the way. Cumberbatch and BUCK-TICK. I'll never be free. :arrowheadsmiley:

Those are the big ones. I have smaller obsessions on the side (Doctor Who, Steven Universe, Kingsman, some survival horror game titles), but they can't really compare to the first two. :sweatdrop:

You're a fan of BUCK-TICK? That's awesome! I can't say that I've met many others. I first discovered them when I began watching Trinity Blood back in 2006. They're great!

Edit: Ooops. I forgot to use selective quote. Oh, well!

I don't obsess over many things often but when I do... I go crazy :lol:

Currently I'm obsessed with the singer Tom Odell... his voice is soo unique. He's AMAZING! While were on the topic of music lately I've just been so into the singer Hobbie Stuart from Youtube... his voice is just so soft and beautiful!

I'm currently obsessed over Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. Like not the show, just him for some reason.

And the never ending obsession I have is James Carstairs from the Infernal Devices. James Carstairs every day please.

You're a fan of BUCK-TICK? That's awesome! I can't say that I've met many others. I first discovered them when I began watching Trinity Blood back in 2006. They're great!

I am indeed! I also first discovered them through the Trinity Blood opening song, (also back in 2006, as it happens :laugh: ), and they've held the title of my favourite band ever since. Sakurai's voice gives me life. <3

What's your favourite B-T album/era? :D

Klingon stuff right now but this one song "Going home" by Mary Fahl is a tune I can't get away from! as much as it shames me to admit this it actually brings tears to my eyes. my brother lives in another state and I miss him so very much! an talking on phone or facebook doesn't cut it! you can't hud a damn computer or phone as you can family neh! family SHOULD be everything that matters!

NORAGAMI. I can't get enough and I can't handle how much I love it.

All anime in general, really.

David Tennant. I almost hate to admit it because while I am a Doctor Who fan, this current obsession stems from watching him in Jessica Jones, so if you've seen the show you'll understand why it makes me worry that something is wrong with me...

Sushi. I'm probably in danger of getting mercury poisoning by how many times I stop by my local conveyer belt place. I freaking love the salmon nigiri and could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Harry Potter. This has been a constant since I was seven.

Writing fetish fanfiction. Life's too short to not do what makes you happy, am I right?

Critical Role and Dungeons & Dragons. Because it's awesome and I love imagination.

Cosplaying. I have bought so many wigs in the past few months I could carpet my whole floor.

Eddie Gluskin

I guess for me, he's such a well developed character ya know. I fear him too and hate what he does but then there's something tragic about the abuse he suffered.

Eddie Gluskin

I guess for me, he's such a well developed character ya know. I fear him too and hate what he does but then there's something tragic about the abuse he suffered.

Oh, he is a great character, for sure! Utterly, morbidly fascinating. :yes: I'm not surprised people like him as a character; what surprised me was the romantic and sexual attraction many fans seem to feel toward him. I'm not trying to kink-shame anyone (hell, I have the hots for Hannibal Lecter, myself :laugh: ), but I guess, in Gluskin's case, I just found him and his violence too extreme and too sexual to feel anything for him other than raw fear and disgust.

But that's what's so great about Outlast, isn't it? The characters are absolutely terrifying, but most of them are also very tragic. Violence + tragedy + sexuality = the best kind of horror there is. :wub:

- Supernatural
- Destiel (shutup)

Literally me right now. The semester is winding down so I get to indulge in Supernatural and Destiel again! :datass:

I am indeed! I also first discovered them through the Trinity Blood opening song, (also back in 2006, as it happens :laugh: ), and they've held the title of my favourite band ever since. Sakurai's voice gives me life. <3

What's your favourite B-T album/era? :D

You're also a fellow Trinity Blood fan? That's neat! There don't seem to be very many of them. The series never flared up in popularity like things like Death Note did. I have been into the series ever since I first saw it all those years ago. It holds sentimental value because my late father used to enjoy watching it with me, too. His favorite character was Tres. I have been meaning to complete my collection of the light novels. I really must do that sometime soon!

Anyway, my favorite BUCK-TICK album would have to be 13kai wa Gekkou.I know that there are plenty of ones that I haven't listened to yet. I will have to listen to them soon! As far as Japanese artists are concerned I have been stuck on Spiv States and Goatbed (the latter I mentioned already) currently. However, I am also quite fond of Girugamesh and D'espairsRay! Those were my loves after BUCK-TICK.

NORAGAMI. I can't get enough and I can't handle how much I love it.

All anime in general, really.

David Tennant. I almost hate to admit it because while I am a Doctor Who fan, this current obsession stems from watching him in Jessica Jones, so if you've seen the show you'll understand why it makes me worry that something is wrong with me...

Sushi. I'm probably in danger of getting mercury poisoning by how many times I stop by my local conveyer belt place. I freaking love the salmon nigiri and could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Harry Potter. This has been a constant since I was seven.

Writing fetish fanfiction. Life's too short to not do what makes you happy, am I right?

Critical Role and Dungeons & Dragons. Because it's awesome and I love imagination.

Cosplaying. I have bought so many wigs in the past few months I could carpet my whole floor.

I couldn't agree with you more about Noragami, Harry Potter, and writing fetish fanfiction! It's been a while since I last cosplayed, but I would like to get into it again!

Archived