Sneeze Fetish Forum

Nova

Hello,

It's been a while (again) and knowing myself I'll most likely slip away into the shadows once my art business here is done. But my plans are to drag them out for a while. More specifically: I've done some comic pages that I hope people here will appreciate and I mean to post one or maybe two pages a week. So there.

My original intent was to make two or three pages, but I rushed past those and ended up with six, though not a finished short story. Then I thought maybe ten, and by twelve I figured I'd fit it all in sixteen. So I have twenty pages for you. That's the way my cookie stays whole and multiplies.

As the tags will have told you, it's (somewhat) messy male business. This little short is featuring my and my friend's (dark) elf characters Míredo and Soráin (Míre to the left and Sora to the right). Serious soldier (secretly poet - it's a bit embarrassing) freckly elf and cheerful bureaucrat (they/them) elf. The setting – an island called Doroverkei – is heavily (and a bit sloppily, I'm sad to say) inspired by Chinese, Korean and Japanese culture.

And... that's that. Let's get to the pages. I'll give you two to start off:

One
Two

---------
Word explanation (I'll explain strange words as they come along because I think it's fun. They're not that many):

maitra noun, plur. maitri
Roughly "guild master". It pretty much means someone's an adult. There are three levels; third is the highest. Maitri are politely addressed as either maitra or maitra <Name/Guild> or maitra <Name> <Guild>. Míredo's full name would be maitra Míredo Magor, for example. If someone has a name beginning with a vowel, the -a ending is removed (e.g. Maitr'Akane). First names alone are very rarely used among the people of Doroverkei.

---------

EDIT:
Since dropbox have decided to remove the public folder function, and I have all my uploaded images in it, I've started migrating elsewhere and rather than updating all the links in all my replies here, I'll just post all pages in this first post:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21

~

Edited by Nova
New links.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova

• LeapYearKisses

• Arty

• Sitruuna

Right now I'm in a state of WOW-induced aphasia, but I trust sometime soon I'll regain the use of articulate speech and find words for how amazing this is, Nova...

Aw yiss, I've missed your art. As always, your sense of form and volume is so, so on point. All those sweeping, straight lines and geometric shapes are so elegant. Best noses, best cheekbones, best hands award *pom poms*

Also, I really love the use of colored, textured lines here. It just adds a certain... I don't know, comfortable feeling to the scene? Especially at the brightest pinks on the skin.

I AM SO EXCITE.

I could throw a full block party to celebrate your return, Nova.

This comic, tho!! Gee whiz it's so nice!! I love the everything color choices, and the expressions are just exquisite, and the atmosphere is just immersive as always. And your attention to detail, as always, is so spectacular and on point!

All this is to say thank you so much for sharing with us!! I look forward to seeing more, it's always a real treat when you give us a comic :D:heart: :heart:

*fans self in excitement when thinking about the last time Nova shared comics*

Oh man….such beautiful atmosphere!! I can feel the warmth and steam from the bowl of broth (or tea?) and you depict those first moments of waking with a bad cold so beautifully. I melted at all those little coughs :wub:

@_@

Nova art?

Nova art

Of a very nice looking elf omg

That hair :heart:

...and the little

Drip

In the last panel

:heart:

I am curious though: when you get all the pages posted will you be publishing them also as a pdf(?) like you did with Ikaros?

Edited by Sitruuna

Also, I just noticed this, This comic reminded me of someone who I follow on tumblr, someone who I really admired! And then I just found out that it was you! xD

So happy :D fellow art making fetish lover! :>

You too know the struggle of dedicating hours into fetish stuff that won't ever be put up to the main public, lolll

A struggle we all know too well!

Wow, Nova, welcome back! Your artwork is gorgeus and awesome as always.

I love especially the light, reddish-brown lineart, whole colour scheme, details and setting! :heart:

Japanese and Chinese inspirations, yum!

And these beautiful teaware! As a tealover I really appreciate your choice. :thumbsup2:

Maitra's hands and nose in the last panel (2nd page) are just perfect.

But there is one thing that quite disturbs me - their ears. Drawing elves with pointy ears has been a popular notion maybe since the LOTR movies. But Tolkien never mentioned his elves had pointy ears so I always imagine elves (not only from Tolkien's books) with normal ears. ;)

Is your term maitri inspired by the buddhist form of meditation meaning benevolence? :)

Edited by Eitilte

Hurrah for new Novart! It's beautiful, darling. Your style grows ever more interesting and versatile. This is so different from your earlier work, with a charm all its own. I love it.

Alright, alright, alright... replies first:

------

gryffin: I think I understand anyway… <3 Thank you so much!

Garnet: You flatter! Thank you (/=u=) Awards for the best body parts as well, shush.

I've found that coloured line art can make pictures seem more worked on than they actually are *laugh*. I just copy my line art on top of the first, add a colour to the copy and set the blending mode to overlay. Voilà. Art.

LYK: *Extracts energy from vibrating*

toastytoast: That makes two of us <3 Thank you!

Quing Nerd: Okay! I want pizza, and red and white wine, and anyone's spotify list but mine, and…

…thank you! Who else would I share it with, though? <3 I hope you'll enjoy it.

haee: Hopepully it'll keep on doing that. Jeez, this pressure… (thank you!)

Artygirl22: Yes how does one even (/o_o)/

TheWolfOfStone: Silence speaks volumes~ NoactuallyIlovecomments. Thanks!

Cashew: Thank you! Your art is really nice too <3 I'm a bit bad at commenting, but I still think so!

Dusty: Tea! And it's the little things, right? little coughs, little sniffles… Thank yooou. I'm so happy you remember my previous comics!

Kshu: Oh my, I'm smiling.

Sitruuna: I, Nova, emerge from the shadows to provide you with picture pages. Dun dun dunnn… And yes! I'll make a pdf of them and post it. I'm thinking about doing a second version and remove much of the mess for it as well (not everyone likes that), and maybe add a black and white one? But that'll have to be later.

happybunny: Noo… don't dieee… how will you see my updates on tumblr if you dooo…

That makes me happy, though, and more decided on not uploading fetish things on tumblr ouo; But yes. I too know the struggle.

hedgehog: Physically taxing work, a tendency to spend too many hours on it, bad weather and some virus or other. It's as it is…Thank you. <3

Eitilte: Thank you! Yeah, I enjoy diving into Chinese and Japanese culture to get this right and find inspiration, and am such a sucker for tea too. Much of the goodness!.

I'm unsure of what kind of answer you want by pointing out the pointy ears (heh heh) and saying it quite disturbs you (Harsh words, maybe?)! I won't argue with what you prefer of course, since that would be silly, but maybe I can ease your mind by saying that my elves are not LotR elves. They're my elves in my world, and my elves have pointy ears since I like it. If anything, they're more inspired by the WH druchii than the LotR quendi.

As far as I know, there are arguments in favour of and arguments against pointed ears in LotR, but no definite answers. So it seems like an ambiguous matter, but I feel that ultimately it's not an important one when it comes to what people want their elves to look like. While society's paradigm of these fantasy creatures might be heavily inspired by Tolkien's version of them, they have developed far beyond it and come in many, many shapes now. There's something for everyone and that's good. I'm perfectly fine with other people's normal-eared elves, but mine have pointy ones!

Pointy ears have been a popular notion for much longer than since 2001 too. I think that maybe a lot of tabletop players might feel it's a bit unfair that their warhammer and D&D pointy eared-elves from around the 80s don't count. ; )

And finally: No! It's not inspired by that, I don't think. A falseish friend. I didn't come up with the term, but I'm pretty sure it's from the french maître/maitre: "Master".

RiversD: Well. If this ends you here's the bright side: I'll be posting for a few weeks! Many nice days to live. Thanks!

Tangerine: Yay! Yes! I'm real and so is this! \(ouo)/ Thank yooou!

Quoth: Hihi, yay. I'm so happy people remember my older comics. Thank you! I hope you'll like the rest too.

March Hare: Thank you so much. It's been a while since I posted, I suppose, and I've been drawing so much so I suppose my art is bound to change… I'm glad you like it!

------

And to the next page! After making this I thought I'd draw one or two more pages. How wrong I was. Have some action.

One
Two
Three - new! (cw: slight mess)

~tbc

You have been missed, oh our beloved Prince (I think that's what it was..?) of... gorgeous art and very, very delicious depiction of illness..? I hope you are doing well.

Anyway yey future pdf release and yey new page ouo

That hair is still so damn beutiful omg

...so is everything else too idk nom :heart:

Oh man, I really like what you did with the steam, both how it's rendered and the way it bends in with his inhale, what a nice detail! Also, that environment looks so cozy. And I am going to start a fanclub for his nose and especially the wonderful way it's squished into his hand in that last panel. So good.