Sneeze Fetish Forum

Nova

Nova pictures! Nova pictures!

I am so super excited for this, it is awfully delightful so far.

oh man that last panel. Nosesquish. And the anticipatory crooked finger in the panel before that...

unf.

Edited by SomethingClever
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova

• LeapYearKisses

• Arty

• Sitruuna

NOVA!!!!! :heart: I am so happy you're back to spoil us with your beautiful art!!! Ahhh oh wow I love eeeeeverything about this -- the character designs, setting, and this glorious set up which is hitting all my buttons already!! Ohmigosh i cannot even tell yooouu... :stun:

I have to second Garnet's comment from before -- those red lines at the cheeks, noses etc. are doing amazing things. What a pop! *u*

TWENTY PAGES??? ahhh omg omg!!! It will be a miracle if I survive them all. Three pages in and I'm already done like get the grave ready u might as well roll me right on in :zippy:

Oh man, I really like what you did with the steam, both how it's rendered and the way it bends in with his inhale, what a nice detail! Also, that environment looks so cozy. And I am going to start a fanclub for his nose and especially the wonderful way it's squished into his hand in that last panel. So good.

Where can I sign up for fanclub membership? :D

Nova,

my words weren’t meant to be harsh. Sorry, if they sounded so.

I simply stated my personal opinion.

It can’t be helped, pointy ears disturb me almost everywhere (fanarts, OCs etc.)

However, I respect your choice and your artistic licence.

I don’t deny that pointy ears were given to elves before the LOTR. Of course, they were, for example faeries of English folklore. But I think that the LOTR movie has had a great influence on modern fantasy artists.

D&D was influenced by Tolkien’s books. I suppose that in Warhammer also we may find some Middle-Earth inspirations. ;)

Now, let’s end this topic and comment your new page. :)

It's great and his messy sneeze, yummy! Nova, you really spoil us! :D

I wish I could draw so beautifully and skillfully like you.

A neat lineart is beyond my abilities and patience. :P

And French? Nice. It’s a beautiful language.

I was quite sure that your word may be of oriental origin, considering the Japanese & Chinese setting.

So how do you spell this?

Using French pronounciation /mɛtʁ/ or…?

*drinks a cup of tea*

Edited by Eitilte

Welcome back!

Nova your art is beautiful, like not even from a fetish perspective. The colors are so pretty! I will hang it on a wall, and then remember it is fetish art, take it down, and instead put it on the wall of my heart. :wubsmiley:<3

Oh man, I really like what you did with the steam, both how it's rendered and the way it bends in with his inhale, what a nice detail! Also, that environment looks so cozy. And I am going to start a fanclub for his nose and especially the wonderful way it's squished into his hand in that last panel. So good.

Where can I sign up for fanclub membership? :D

Count me in! Signing up for Nova Nose Squish Inc.

I usually am not a big fan of seeing mess in art, but like yours…..it's….well, it's doing good things for me. :wub: He just looks SO miserable that I'm ready to hop in to help with tea <3

Okay! Replies first, as usual:
------
Sitruuna: Prince indeed. *laugh* I remember my vampire days, oh dear… I'm doing well, thank you! I hope you are too. <3 I am really enjoying drawing their hair.

Garnet: Ahem! Maybe I'm ridiculously proud of the steam. Maybe especially the inhale. I might be. I think the steam adds a lot to the pages over all and I'm a bit worried they'll look boring in a few pages when it disappears. :lol: Gasp spoilers.

As for the fanclub? Garnet, March Hare, Dusty. Here you go: SIGN UP NOW

Meeeeps: MEEEPS! I'm happy to be back too. It's been a few great days now and it feels amazing, thank you <3 And I'm glad you say that. This is so self-indulgent I should be ashamed and you ease my mind. I'm not alone in this gutter. I'm so please, in face, that I'll fix that grave thing for you. Here you go.

Eitilte: I'm all for ending this discussion! That be nice, but not before I reply to this. I'm sorry if I sound angry! I try not to:

No, you didn't simply state your personal opinion. Only saying that you prefer your elves without pointed ears is an opinion. I'm totally fine with this! Of course I am, and I would never say anything about it if people drew elves without pointy ears. It's their art and their imagination. But by adding what Tolkien may or may not have considered and saying that "the movies" rather than "the books" (a very common argument for what should be canon and not) inspired something you don't agree with it looks like you're trying to add weight to an argument while suggesting that other thoughts on the matter are faulty. As if I am wrong in drawing elves the way I do, which to me is both hurtful and a bit rude when posted in my art thread. It might not have been your intent, but it looks like it! So please don't do this. I'd appreciate it!

And yes, like I said in my previous reply: modern elves are inspired by Tolkien. This included D&D and WH, but does not in any way make pointy elven ears, or any change made to elves to fit another setting, invalid. But if you just meant to state your opinion, I'm sure we agree on this.

Now we can end this discussion, agree to disagree, and I can thank you for saying kind things about by art!

Thank you! Patience does play an important part in it, I suppose. I don't know if I'd call this lineart neat, but maybe it's halfway there? Between sketch and something cleaned up. I think that it makes it look neater than it is that I add a colour and shrink the final pictures. It looks like this without colour and zoomed in to a 100%.

Since I'm Swedish, and my fellow players in this world are Swedish as well, the pronunciation is very influenced by that! The the "mai" sounds much like the english my, and the "r" would be a rolling, dental one. [maɪ'tɒ] I think? It's been long since I last spent any time with phonetics… And my friends might disagree with me on this. Some of them don't like the diphthongs at all.

Now tea. I took a picture of mine for you. So we can share this moment. On top of my scanner since there's no risk involved in that at all… Ahem.

Artygirl22: O: Let me fix that for you. Have a bucket.

Bungee: Thank you! I was a bit worried about the colours in the beginning, but they worked out fine I think. Tie it up with your heart strings~ <3

And Dusty again: Well, he IS miserable and in need of tea... (<3)

-----
Now the page.

One
Two
Three
Four - new! (cw: slight mess)

~tbc

Man, oh man. The coloring is so aesthetically pleasing, I don't know what to do. And Sorain's face in the last panel! How can anyone say no to that face! I love how you draw expressions; your sick faces are soo yum~

Hehehe! That expression in the last panel is priceless. Total zen patience while being stared at by a grumpy, sick elf <3

Kudos on your fabrics---you can totally tell the weight of the blanket and the size/weight of the handkerchief.

Pretentious art appreciation things: really digging that gradient on the first panel. It gives some weight to the atmosphere and brings out Soráin's figure.

I also have to echo Dusty in the weight of that handkerchief fabric. Definitely never something I have appreciated before, written or drawn, but hey! 8D First time for everything.

Also, meuhhhrrr that mess <3 I am... not normally a fan at all, but you do it in such a minimalist but poignant way that I'm pretty danged on board.

ALSO ALSO ALSO: big hands. Huff.

Hnng I can't shut up about that hair it's so nice in every pic @_@

I want to touch it

But it's not real xD

...messssy :zippy:

That hand-stays-on-the-face-after-the-snz thing never grows old nom

:heart:

And just for record pointy elf ears are awesome and very attractive.

Son of a bitch how am I now just seeing this? Elves in a setting inspired by Asian culture? Dude sign me up!!

The colors are gorgeous the muted palette makes everything pop even more. I adore the hair, omg, I want to stroke it.

Your movement of Míredo as he sneezes is so fluid, I'm in awe. So lifelike. Also I dont ever think I've seen freckles on an Elf, I adore it!

I echo whats been said about the handkerchief, again so lifelike. I feel for Sora having to put up with this but you can tell he totally doesn't mind.

Beautiful!!

Edited by kaze wo hiku

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Imma need several seats because this was Amazing!!!! The awesome work made my knees weak in a good way!.

I mean the feign innocent look at the end, the Slight mess, the sickie glare!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And thanks for the bucket. Sometimes my mouth waters when I see things like that. Long hair elves....yum.

Edited by Artygirl22

Why y'all so kind to me, jeez:

-----

Quoth: Eheheh… No one can say no to that face; it's their greatest strength. And thank you so much! I take some pride in my sick faces. :lol:

LYK: Yes, and another!

TheWolfOfStone: *SIGNS UP FOR FREAKING FANCLUB, MATE* You'll receive your introduction letter any day, miss.

Dusty: I think they need total zen patience to deal with grumpy, sick elf? If they want to get anywhere at all, that is. Otherwise they'll just reach a deadlock and he'll refuse to play. And omg, thanks? I'm pretty sure fabric is everyone's nemesis and nothing can convince me otherwise. (Other than trying to draw other things, because everything is your nemesis in drawing…)

Garnet: Hahah, yeaaah… It was this frustrated solution to me thinking the picture looked too flat *ahem* "Argh no what to do I know a gradient." I think my drawing involves a lot of dumb luck sometimes.

Achievement unlocked: handkerchief virginity.

Ugugh, I'm glad you say that. Mess is such a delicate matter. I like and prefer to have some of it, but it easily tips over. AH WELL, everyone on board, let's sail. ~

Huff. You know what they say. (I'm trash)

Sitruuna: I'm so excited you're happy about the hair because future pictures might or might not have a treat for you? I don't know, but I'm still excited.

And aren't they just… <3

happybunny: I'll help oh no I can't either! We'll just have to #dealwithit <3

Kaze: It has been hidden away in the murky depth of the not very visited art forum? But I'll sign you up: would you like our newsletter? New page every third day.

When I coloured the first picture it was a bit too colourful, but muting the colours a bit towards a greyish purple then letting the red pop helped a lot, I think! Thank you <3 And I suppose I've seen freckles on elves before. Few and far between, though. Maybe it's not that common, but there's at least one more freckled elf in the art forum! Cashew's Mirielle in this post (female).

Sora doesn't mind, they're just a bit worried…

Artygirl: Aaaaaah! Five seats for ALL YOUR FEELS. (No problem, I provide buckets when needed.)

March Hare: BE STILL, YOUR HEART.

toastytoast: My art style is a bit shy, but I'll forward your sentiments. I'm sure it'll be delighted (thank you <3)

Kshu: Thank you! I'd like to think I've developed some sort of method for freckles but I really just wing it in every new project, haha.

SpamKey: Waa, thank you! * so cool *

-----

I think this next is one of my favourite pages, because I feel the art turned out really well? Why all the fuss, Míredo. Just chill and do your thing, man.

One
Two
Three
Four

Five - new!

~tbc

I cannot get over how cute these two are. Last panel is just wonderful :heart:

Edited by kaze wo hiku

This precious sick elf....so shy and awwwwwwwwww. I wanna hug him. I love his partner too! The sass is so real.