Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Issues

High on Lullabies

Please post any issues you encounter when using the new version of the forum software in this thread. Please also post any questions you have on how things work, any items that are missing and anything that has been added that you feel we may not want.

I will keep a list of the issues identified up to date in the first post:

Current Issues:

• Add Recent Activity bars 'Recent Topics/Posts, etc'
  • Add 'Today's Top Posters' and 'All Time Top Posters' links/lists
  • Add Post/Reply Preview
  • Ability of members to approve/deny followers
  • A decent explanation of how to use content streams! Plus ability for regular members to customise their default streams.
  • Display birthdays and online users at bottom of main page
  • Signature view settings
  • Ignored user settings
  • Ability of Validating/Pending members to access their own profiles/avatars
  • Ability of Validating/Pending members to receive PMs from Staff - Previous mod, awaiting updated version
  • Shape of avatars (square rather than circular)
  • Ability of all members (below Full Member) to edit their PMs
  • Ability of eligible members (Full Member and above) to edit their member titles
  • Statistics tab - Previous mod, awaiting updated version
  • Ignored members posts appearing in Content Streams - IPS aware, to be addressed in next update (4.1.9)
  • 'Edit Topic Title' in Topic Moderation List
  • Ability to disable/modify video embedding - IPS aware, to be addressed in next update (4.1.9)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a quick spin around the site and I have to say I quite like this new design :D Not a great deal has changed, although I do miss the 'recent activity' bar on the right - not sure if that can be replaced or not. 

Also, is it possible to have the 'today's top posters' and 'overall top posters' links? The stats nerd in me rather enjoyed that feature... :lol: 

Minor issues though... and unless I'm mistaken the site seems to run faster on my computer...?

I'm with Nov - I'm missing the "New Content" tab but I guess we have an equivalent? Not quite sure if that's what that Facebook-type feed is, but yeah.

I can't find any of the topics I started but I believe you said that they'll be added later since everything needs to be re-added? Or something?

I'm seeing potential for me to like this, I just have to get used to it.

Do we still have our PMs?

Sorry for the double post, but I was unable to save my edit. I wanted to mention that I'm using a mobile phone and it'sit's possible the website might be less confusing on a computer. One issue is that I was unable to save my edited post, even after adding my explanation in the "reason for edit" box.

I'm happy that I was able to edit/customize my new content stream :D It was taking away topics I had already looked at but I changed it so I can see all the content posted regardless of whether or not I looked at it already. I was also able to change it to just topics and not blog posts, status updates, etc. I'm just pleased I was able to figure something out.

Do we still have our smileys? :lol::zippy::yay:

9 minutes ago, AnonyMouse said:

Do we still have our PMs?

Yes, there is an envelope icon towards the top right of the screen (on the full site at any rate). If you click on that you can access all your PMs.

*returns to exploring all the new layout*

:joal:

29 minutes ago, AnonyMouse said:

I'm happy that I was able to edit/customize my new content stream :D It was taking away topics I had already looked at but I changed it so I can see all the content posted regardless of whether or not I looked at it already. I was also able to change it to just topics and not blog posts, status updates, etc. I'm just pleased I was able to figure something out.

Have you figured out how to block certain forums in the new content feed yet? The only way I can see to do it is to highlight every single forum except the one I want hidden, and it ends up pretty clunky.

RP section gonna piss me off real fast.

Also, is there a preview post/reply function yet?

I'll chime in to say a lot of our features were additionally installed content on top of the base Forum software, so I expect HoL (in all his brilliant glory) will be able to return a lot of that content over the next little bit. I can't say what and when, though. Thanks for your patience everyone! :)

Honestly, everything's working a lot better than I feared it would. :lol: I'll be happier once we get all the apps and stuff back, but this isn't as bad as it could've been by a long shot. I think I'll end up liking it once I get used to it some.

The issues that I've noticed are:

- As Garnet mentions, the inability to exclude certain subforums from the Unread Content feed. Hopefully there's a way to fix this, because eeeek. (Edit: Actually, doing it by inclusion rather than exclusion works, if there's no way to restore this function. It's clunky, but it'll get the job done.)
- No top posters/today's top posters, or recent activity feeds, as NoV mentioned
- Or birthdays! but apparently it's nobody's birthday today anyway, so maybe it will be back tomorrow.
- No online users at the bottom of the forum
- There does not appear to be a way to turn all signatures on and off like there was before. It used to be under the ignore settings, but I can't find it there or anywhere now. I assume there must be a way, because mine are still all turned off, but I poked around for a bit and couldn't find the toggle anywhere.
- In Ignored Users, it appears that there isn't a distinction between ignoring someone's private chats in the chat room and ignoring someone's personal messages on the actual forum like there used to be.

This isn't something Staff can do anything about, but the thing I dislike about it from an aesthetic point of view is how unnecessarily fucking huge everything is. Whoever designed the default skin has a lot to learn because there is so much blank space and everything is so enormous, for no reason at all. :rofl: But I'm sure there will be skins that change that, so I'm not super worried about it.

3 hours ago, Junia said:

- There does not appear to be a way to turn all signatures on and off like there was before. It used to be under the ignore settings, but I can't find it there or anywhere now. I assume there must be a way, because mine are still all turned off, but I poked around for a bit and couldn't find the toggle anywhere.

If you have signatures turned on, you can turn them all off by clicking the little X next to any user's signature anywhere on the Forum and choose "Ignore all signatures". To turn specific user signatures off, you can use that short-cut, or choose the "Ignored Users" tab in your upper right-hand drop-down menu (the one located attached to your user name) to search for specific users to ignore or turn off signatures for. You must use the "Ignored Users" area to turn signatures for specific members back on.

Massive THANK YOU to HoL for fixing the profile and blog privacy settings! :D Phew! 

God, this ordeal really reminded me of how much I hate changes... :lol: Thank you guys for just being generally awesome. At least the people don't change. ;) 

I just refreshed the page and saw all the new changes... :boom:This is definitely something to get used to, since I don't do very well with change, but as long as everyone remains the same, there shouldn't be much of a problem. I haven't gotten to everything yet, but I would like to mention that there isn't any sort of "Recent Topics" bar and I used to rely on that to see what was happening around the forum. If there is something similar and I haven't noticed it, please tell me. I don't want to make a suggestion and then realize I was actually just an idiot. :zippy2: Everything else looks great though. It will take a bit of time to get used to this set up, but it will happen eventually. 

The only thing I noticed is that when viewing the online list, there isn't any guests showing? It's not a problem or a big deal or anything but I'm a nosy parker and like to see what everyone is looking at :zippy: there doesn't seem to be guests mentioned anywhere actually. Not at the bottom of the forum and on the online list, it just gives the number of how many members are online. Weird.

This will definitely take some getting used to n_n''

I'm currently on mobile and everything looks very confusing and there doesn't seem to be the option to switch to the fullsite..? I haven't yet checked everything on the new site but I'm guessing the mobile site is simplified when compaired to the fullsite and not being able to choose between the two would be a little in convenient.

51 minutes ago, Dusty15 said:

If you have signatures turned on, you can turn them all off by clicking the little X next to any user's signature anywhere on the Forum and choose "Ignore all signatures". To turn specific user signatures off, you can use that short-cut, or choose the "Ignored Users" tab in your upper right-hand drop-down menu (the one located attached to your user name) to search for specific users to ignore or turn off signatures for. You must use the "Ignored Users" area to turn signatures for specific members back on.

Yes - but the problem I'm having is that once you've turned all of them off, there appears to be no way to turn all of them back on. There used to be a little check box that said "Ignore all users' signatures" that toggled them off and on, but that no longer exists. 

4 minutes ago, pikachu78 said:

also i dont seen to have the pm function as i cant find it no where.

Unvalidated members having access to PMs was an application that High on Lullabies installed onto the forum. As a lot of the applications we had on the old version of the forum are not installed yet, but they will be reinstalled in time. 

1 minute ago, Junia said:

Unvalidated members having access to PMs was an application that High on Lullabies installed onto the forum. As a lot of the applications we had on the old version of the forum are not installed yet, but they will be reinstalled in time. 

Ok thanks for that i didn't know.

5 hours ago, Junia said:

- As Garnet mentions, the inability to exclude certain subforums from the Unread Content feed. Hopefully there's a way to fix this, because eeeek. (Edit: Actually, doing it by inclusion rather than exclusion works, if there's no way to restore this function. It's clunky, but it'll get the job done.)

Oh dear. I just tested this again and realized that this literally only works if you go through and select what you want to see every single time you view that feed. That's really horrible, and I hope it can be fixed to exclude stuff, because otherwise the Unread Content button just became essentially entirely useless. What a huge bummer.

Still looking around, but so far the only thing I've noticed that I don't think anyone else has mentioned is that, at least on Firefox, I'm getting a bubble everytime I open a new page on the forum asking me if I want to be shown notifications from the site, and there's no option to permanently disable notifications, the only options are "Show for this session" and "Not now". 

15 minutes ago, Jorm said:

Still looking around, but so far the only thing I've noticed that I don't think anyone else has mentioned is that, at least on Firefox, I'm getting a bubble everytime I open a new page on the forum asking me if I want to be shown notifications from the site, and there's no option to permanently disable notifications, the only options are "Show for this session" and "Not now". 

I got the same thing. I ended up having to accept notifications initially, then manually remove the forum from the list of "accepted" sites. Only THEN did the option to permanently block notifications appear on the drop-down menu.

I have no idea how this works-- probably black magick-- but that's what worked for me.

For the Topics that we follow, will you still receive notifications on a new reply? Or do you have to go through them all via content and re follow them?

I've just logged on and at the top I saw 8 notes, but when i clicked on it it said there was none. 

2 hours ago, Icarus Rex said:

I got the same thing. I ended up having to accept notifications initially, then manually remove the forum from the list of "accepted" sites. Only THEN did the option to permanently block notifications appear on the drop-down menu.

I have no idea how this works-- probably black magick-- but that's what worked for me.

That doesn't appear to have worked for me, possibly because I use private browsing when I visit the forum? I don't know if there's a way for staff here to disable push notifications for the forum, but if there is, that would be awesome, because getting a pop-up every time I go to a new page on the forum is getting old reeeaaaally fast :lol:

i may just be blind, but i can't seem to find this elusive envelope icon that allows you to access your PMs?  :|a  additionally, when i try and edit my profile, it says i don't have access, but i'm not sure if that's an upgrade issue or a validation issue.

3 minutes ago, ringsofsaturn said:

i may just be blind, but i can't seem to find this elusive envelope icon that allows you to access your PMs?  :|a  additionally, when i try and edit my profile, it says i don't have access, but i'm not sure if that's an upgrade issue or a validation issue.

It might be a validation issue as I can't change my picture or anything like that. 

Archived