Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Issues

High on Lullabies

2 minutes ago, High on Lullabies said:

This is probably because you haven't set your notification settings for the new software yet.

To do this go to the menu under your name (Top-right corner of the screen) and then go to Account Settings -> Notification Settings and set the preference called 'When someone comments on a topic I follow' to either Notification List, E-mail or both as you want.

Yes, this works. I was having this problem too, but then I followed HoL's instructions, and I am getting notifications now. Thanks, HoL!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome @PinkiePie :)

As everyone should now be able to see, I have added the recent posts and recent topics sidebars back onto the main page. Along with the list of members currently online, today's birthdays and list of members currently in chat at the bottom of the page. - @NoV, @AnonyMouse, @Junia

I have also re-added the donation tracker application so we are now open for donations once again from anyone 'Newbie' and above.

This is a senior staff issue so it doesn't apply to anyone else, but seeing as all the issues are being raised here...

With the validation queue, all the members who have signed up are now showing at the top of the page instead of being hidden behind a link. This is fine, but I can't tell who has clicked the link in the email and who hasn't (they're not showing as either red or green).

This might not be an issue on desktop but I do about 70% of my forum-ing on mobile and would mean that I can't tend to the validation queues as often as I would like.

HoL, is there still a separate section for these or are they now only appearing at the top of the page? And is there any way of knowing if they're red or green on mobile?

3 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:

To do this go to the menu under your name (Top-right corner of the screen) and then go to Account Settings -> Notification Settings and set the preference called 'When someone comments on a topic I follow' to either Notification List, E-mail or both as you want.

This isn't working for me, for some reason. I'm following this thread and have it set to give me a notification immediately, but the only notifications I've gotten from it are when I've been quoted or mentioned. :confused:

(The mention feature is cool, though! I like it!) 

Also, now blog entries are listed twice on the site's index on the right-hand side, along with another list of members that doesn't appear to be the online list (which I can see has been restored). That's an aesthetic thing mainly, but just so you know.

I can see which members have the 18+ marker if I go to their profiles. I am probably not supposed to be able to see that. :lol:  And also who is in the writer's group, apparently.

@Heathcliff Your content can be accessed now by going to your profile, clicking 'See My Activity,' and selecting which of your content you want to see from there. It's almost the same as the old way, it just looks different now. 

I think it's gone now but standard members could see the validation queue earlier and could even see the approve/ban buttons. Which is pretty concerning :lol:

The person I spoke to didn't press approve/ban but they did have the link to access the Admin CP (they couldn't get in but the button was still there). Apparently it's gone, at least for the member I was talking to, but I thought it would be worth bringing it up.

2 hours ago, PuddinPop said:

With the validation queue, all the members who have signed up are now showing at the top of the page instead of being hidden behind a link. This is fine, but I can't tell who has clicked the link in the email and who hasn't (they're not showing as either red or green).

This might not be an issue on desktop but I do about 70% of my forum-ing on mobile and would mean that I can't tend to the validation queues as often as I would like.

HoL, is there still a separate section for these or are they now only appearing at the top of the page? And is there any way of knowing if they're red or green on mobile?

Unfortunately the list you can see is all there is, whether on mobile or desktop. There is no 'red and 'green' anymore. There are comments underneath each proposective member's name in the Admin CP, but those comments aren't carrying through to the list on the main page, which is thoroughly unhelpful.

Yes, it was showing to everyone for a short time. That was because I needed to set two different sets of preferences on who could see it, which I didn't realise at the time. Again, it's fixed now though :)

1 hour ago, Junia said:

This isn't working for me, for some reason. I'm following this thread and have it set to give me a notification immediately, but the only notifications I've gotten from it are when I've been quoted or mentioned. :confused:

Also, now blog entries are listed twice on the site's index on the right-hand side, along with another list of members that doesn't appear to be the online list (which I can see has been restored). That's an aesthetic thing mainly, but just so you know.

I can see which members have the 18+ marker if I go to their profiles. I am probably not supposed to be able to see that. :lol:  And also who is in the writer's group, apparently.

That's weird that it's not working for you, I'll look into that.

Yes, I know about that one. I've deleted the extra list of blogs and members several times now but they keep reappearing of their own accord! :lol:

Nope, you shouldn't have seen that. There was a setting on those icons that I missed when I was setting it up. Fixed it now though, thanks for the heads-up! :)

6 hours ago, Shayla said:

Like everyone, this change is going to take some getting used to. I'm not sure I have anything really specific to add other than I feel we need more profile settings, particularly privacy ones. 

Yeah…I get that a lot of Forums probably would like the idea of a "Facebook-esque" wall on profiles, but the ability for other people to publicly comment on my profile feed is a bit much. It's already happened once and it's the sort of message I'd probably ignore or just politely say "Thanks" and end the conversation if it was via PM. I removed it manually, but it'd be nice to either eliminate or have the option to eliminate the public 'wall' posts.

I can't remember if anyone has commented on this yet, but the selective quote function is effectively back!

If you highlight the text you want to quote in any post, an option comes up which says "quote this". All you have to do is click on that and you're good!

2 hours ago, greetingsfromboston said:

I went to my messages and I noticed that I can't edit my own PMs? Is there any way to fix this? 

I would assume this is because the forum is treating them the same as any other post and therefore the edit time restriction that applies to posts also applies to PMs (12 hours at your current rank). Apologies if it seems like a silly question, but were you able to edit them regardless of how long ago you originally posted them before the upgrade?

19 minutes ago, Joal 555 said:

I can't remember if anyone has commented on this yet, but the selective quote function is effectively back!

If you highlight the text you want to quote in any post, an option comes up which says "quote this". All you have to do is click on that and you're good!

Excellent! I didn't realise that but good that they did retain some of the useful features from the previous version! Looks to me like you highlight the text and then you have to click on it in order to get the 'Quote this' option to appear.

15 minutes ago, High on Lullabies said:

I would assume this is because the forum is treating them the same as any other post and therefore the edit time restriction that applies to posts also applies to PMs (12 hours at your current rank). Apologies if it seems like a silly question, but were you able to edit them regardless of how long ago you originally posted them before the upgrade?

Excellent! I didn't realise that but good that they did retain some of the useful features from the previous version! Looks to me like you highlight the text and then you have to click on it in order to get the 'Quote this' option to appear.

Yeah, I could edit my own PMs at any time with the old layout. :)

13 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:

Your notification settings are under the menu with your username in the top right corner of the screen. Click this then go to Account Settings -> Notification Settings. You should be able to add what you want to be notified about and how (e-mail and/or your notification list) from there.

OMG replying is so f*cking difficult! Ughh!

anywaayyy. I did find this yesterday, but even with my notifications set, i am still not receiving them at the top right (bell icon) where i assume they should be. upon logging in i had a pop up at the top left asking to allow or not allow notifications on this site. clicking allow, i was notified a minute later at the bottom right of the screen of one new post. but still no notification in the top right (bell icon) 

Change is definitely not my comfort zone, and im half convinced that its just me not knowing what these new settings are. but im assuming there are still a lot of bugs with it as well? is there something im skipping over?

Edit: I just realized there was a scroll bar for the Notifications. I did not realize this. Let's hope I look from now on. :lol:

Edit Again: Nope. I am receiving Notifications now, but not all of them. I will look again to see if this is on my part.

I'm going to be a pain and add another post here.

Loving the fact that signatures are up and running again but... I can't edit mine? Like, I've searched my entire profile high and low and can't find it. I can do it through the Admin CP but that's not really an option for everyone :lol:

Ok so both @Bondi and I just noticed that our post counts are significantly lower than they were before the upgrade. I know I used to have over 3000 posts. It's not a huge deal and I doubt anything can be done about it, but just it took me a long time to get that many and I'm a bit bummed about it.

This isn't like, important or anything, but I was looking at the Who's Online list and a guest was reading this thread (image complete with an emoticon reaction of my face IRL):

BaKHvrN.png

So apparently we've time traveled during the upgrade, just so everybody is aware.

18 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:

Unfortunately I'm going to have to put this one down to incompatibility between Firefox and the new software as I'm not getting any such issues using IE. Not sure on disabling push notifications either, sorry!

I figured it out, it was a private browsing issue. Once I logged in in a regular window I was able to permanently block push notifications and it seems to have applied that preference to private browsing as well!

Sorry if this is just a change, or I haven't figured out how to do things properly, but I used to be able to search for something within a specific subforum, e.g. searching for things tagged 'allergy' just within Sneezing in the Media, and I can't seem to do that now. If there's nothing to be done about it, I apologize for bringing it up. 

11 hours ago, greetingsfromboston said:

Yeah, I could edit my own PMs at any time with the old layout. :)

Okay, I'll add it to the list of things to look at. Assuming it's happened for the reason I said then my immediate thought is there won't be a way round it, but I'll do my best to figure something out.

7 hours ago, Shayla said:

Ok so both @Bondi and I just noticed that our post counts are significantly lower than they were before the upgrade. I know I used to have over 3000 posts. It's not a huge deal and I doubt anything can be done about it, but just it took me a long time to get that many and I'm a bit bummed about it.

Looks like everyone's post count was re-counted as part of the upgrade (I've lost about 1000 posts as well) so this will be a forum-wide issue. I assume it's down to posts and topics that are so old they got deleted from the forums where we prune old topics to keep the size of the database down and therefore weren't counted when the post counts got re-done. If that's the case then unfortunately there's nothing that can be done to restore it. 

11 hours ago, Pyrus_Fangmon said:

Edit Again: Nope. I am receiving Notifications now, but not all of them. I will look again to see if this is on my part.

Can you identify any particular topics or forums you're not receiving them from?

@Junia - Does that mean the situation regarding the ignoring signature settings is resolved? If so I will cross it off my list! :D

10 minutes ago, High on Lullabies said:

@Junia - Does that mean the situation regarding the ignoring signature settings is resolved? If so I will cross it off my list! :D

Yes, sorry! I was just looking in the wrong place, evidently. :lol: I got there in the end, at least...

12 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

I saw that... Maybe it's just a problem Apple has, but whenever I try to highlight something on my iPad, it refuses to highlight a single sentence and instead highlights entire paragraphs, often even the entire page. Does anyone else have this problem? 

And this is just a general question. In the old version there was a feature where you could send an entire PM conversation as a document to your email, but I don't see that feature anymore. :( it was amazing for those of us who've been role playing in PMs and want to "save" the story or send it to others. Any chance this feature could be restored? Thank you :D 

Archived