Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Issues

High on Lullabies

Okay, so I guess in another ten years I might have 4000 posts again.

In any case, the <_< emoticon no longer works in the chatroom for some reason. Probably not a big deal, but thought I'd bring it up to everyone's attention. :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bondi said:

Okay, so I guess in another ten years I might have 4000 posts again.

In any case, <_< no longer works in the chatroom for some reason. Probably not a big deal, but thought I'd bring it up to everyone's attention. :)

oh, I wanted to ask.. Where are  all that posts?

I'm aware this issue is very nit-picky, but I noticed that capital letters in titles are turning into lower case when a topic is posted. Is there a reason for that? If so, could that possibly be changed? 

4 hours ago, ukrsneeze said:

oh, I wanted to ask.. Where are  all that posts?

Most are old (several years) posts that have been deleted as part of our occasional pruning of some forums. This is to keep the size of the forum database manageable and reduce the likelihood of errors.

4 minutes ago, Sophie83540 said:

I'm aware this issue is very nit-picky, but I noticed that capital letters in titles are turning into lower case when a topic is posted. Is there a reason for that? If so, could that possibly be changed? 

This is due to one of the minor mods I've added that prevents people posting topic titles in all caps. However it was set to only allow the first word in a title to be capitalised. I've since changed it so it should now allow the first letter of each word in a title to be capitalised.

I've added a couple of simple extra themes (called 'Enchanted' and 'Desert'). Access for these is available to anyone from the 'Theme' drop-down menu at the very bottom of any page.

This is super minor, but I'm looking to edit the little titles beneath our usernames ("Feeler of Feels", "Keeper of the Duvet"). Junia and I figured that it had been turned off in the upgrade, and there's no real rush for it! Just wondering if it would be under Edit Profile with everything else. :yes: 

So in the desert theme, the admins are the same color as the pending and regular users. Just throwing that out there, guys. :zippy:

3 hours ago, Spoo said:

This is super minor, but I'm looking to edit the little titles beneath our usernames ("Feeler of Feels", "Keeper of the Duvet"). Junia and I figured that it had been turned off in the upgrade, and there's no real rush for it! Just wondering if it would be under Edit Profile with everything else. :yes: 

The ability to edit them outside of the Admin CP was an additional mod I had added, haven't found an equivalent for the new version yet, so I'll add it to the list so I know to keep looking. In the meantime, happy to do any changes of titles wanted by those members eligible (Full Members and above) :)

1 hour ago, Bondi said:

So in the desert theme, the admins are the same color as the pending and regular users. Just throwing that out there, guys. :zippy:

Ah the good old law of unintended consequences :lol: Noted, and I'll attempt to change it. Thanks, Bondi!

Also, in the posts column to the right, it also posts the beginning of Snake Pit posts as well, so stuff from the snake pit can also be on the main page. :o So if someone ever decides to go all the way and bash another member, then that could also be on the main page, at least for a little while.

23 minutes ago, Bondi said:

Also, in the posts column to the right, it also posts the beginning of Snake Pit posts as well, so stuff from the snake pit can also be on the main page. :o So if someone ever decides to go all the way and bash another member, then that could also be on the main page, at least for a little while.

Good point, have removed the Pit from the list of forums the sidebar will show. And amended the Administrators shade of red as well. I wanted to just change the text colour of a regular member in the list, but I couldn't find a button for that, so had to go the other way!

I haven't dug through all four pages in depth so apologies if it's been mentioned, but is there are way to prevent Blocked users from showing up in your Streams? I have everything that can be blocked checked off about certain people, but their posts still show up in the non-collapsed view. :mf_tongue:

15 hours ago, Junia said:

@occasionalfury, you should be able to do that via the customizable streams we have now under the Activity tab at the top of the forum, instead of just searching via tags, I think!

I played around with that a little bit, but I can't seem to find a place to sort it so that I can just get content, from, like, the original stories section, if that makes sense. In the past, I was mainly using the search so I could look at stories or art or whatever from a while ago without having to look at each one to see whether it was cold or allergies or what have you, and it doesn't seem like you can do that now. 

I'm not sure how major of an issue this is, but it's rather irritating.  I had gone back into a recent thread/story of mine to reply to people and found that the formatting, paragraph wise is all but gone.  I'm pretty particular about how things are spaced out and whatnot, but now they look terrible.  Is this a case of going back and re-editing?  Or will it sort of resolve itself over time?  

16 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:

Can you identify any particular topics or forums you're not receiving them from?

Sorry! I got it! It took me a while but I figured it out. I was a little confused but they are working now. :D 

4 minutes ago, Pyrus_Fangmon said:

Sorry! I got it! It took me a while but I figured it out. I was a little confused but they are working now. :D 

How did you fix it? Because it's still not working for me.

Unrelatedly, on the old version of the forum, when you visited a person's profile, there used to be a Statistics tab that showed what subforums that poster posted in the most and that sort of thing. I couldn't find that on the current version, so I was wondering if it's somewhere I might not be looking, or if it's nowhere, if it could possibly be restored, because I'm a fucking nerd. :lol:  

1 minute ago, Junia said:

How did you fix it? Because it's still not working for me.

I went to Account settings, then Notification settings. I set the top ones and then scrolled down to view a bigger section. General. Messenger. and Profile. I have the first two and last two in General selected. That seemed to work for the new Topics I followed after the Update. I had to refollow all of the topics I originally had in Manage Followed Content. (under your name) And then next to FILTER BY i checked the box and clicked Immediate notification for all. That worked for me. I'm not sure if you need to do all of those, but I wanted to be sure. 

I noticed this on both mobile and the full site, but the "go to next unread post" seems to have disappeared, it was there when the update first happened though.

23 hours ago, Garnet said:

I haven't dug through all four pages in depth so apologies if it's been mentioned, but is there are way to prevent Blocked users from showing up in your Streams? I have everything that can be blocked checked off about certain people, but their posts still show up in the non-collapsed view. :mf_tongue:

Just had a look on the host's forum and this is flagged up as a bug in the software which they have said they will address in a future update. No idea on when though, I'm afraid.

20 hours ago, cally said:

I'm not sure how major of an issue this is, but it's rather irritating.  I had gone back into a recent thread/story of mine to reply to people and found that the formatting, paragraph wise is all but gone.  I'm pretty particular about how things are spaced out and whatnot, but now they look terrible.  Is this a case of going back and re-editing?  Or will it sort of resolve itself over time?  

Unfortunately I doubt it's something that will resolve itself. Can you give me an example of a topic that's been affected so I can see what you mean, please?

13 hours ago, flyingcukes said:

I noticed this on both mobile and the full site, but the "go to next unread post" seems to have disappeared, it was there when the update first happened though.

Apologies for my ignorance but I don't remember ever seeing this button. Do you know where on a page it does/did appear, please?

18 hours ago, Junia said:

Unrelatedly, on the old version of the forum, when you visited a person's profile, there used to be a Statistics tab that showed what subforums that poster posted in the most and that sort of thing. I couldn't find that on the current version, so I was wondering if it's somewhere I might not be looking, or if it's nowhere, if it could possibly be restored, because I'm a fucking nerd. :lol: 

This was an add-on that I will try and replace. It was also useful for some staff functions as well, so would be good to have it back if possible.

@High on Lullabies i was re-reading an old story and noticed this too. Like @cally I'm particular about how things look, not just out of vanity for my own stories but also because it's hard to read a block of text with no line spaces.

This looks good and how things used to look:

versus an old story where the line breaks have gone:

23 hours ago, cally said:

Noticed this as well in my drabble thread, the last maybe 3 stories I posted the formatting has all run together and sadly I haven't had time to fix it. It wasnt like that until after the forum was down a few days ago for security reasons. The formatting was fine after the inital upgrade.

It bothers me too...

When I  was at the bottom of a topic there were two buttons, one said go to next unread topic, one said return to *what ever subforum* if there wasn't anything unread on the subforum that button would disappear, but it was a really easy way to go through everything unread without clicking back everytime. 

55 minutes ago, Bruyere said:

@High on Lullabies i was re-reading an old story and noticed this too. Like @cally I'm particular about how things look, not just out of vanity for my own stories but also because it's hard to read a block of text with no line spaces.

This looks good and how things used to look:

versus an old story where the line breaks have gone:

Pretty much any of my stories now look like the latter here, rather than Matilda's new one.  It's like all the line breaks have disappeared. :(

Archived