Sneeze Fetish Forum

Great Cover Versions

Heathcliff

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William Shatner's cover of "Common People" isn't bad at all, he gives it a really angry energy that just grows as it goes along, and the way the music explodes at the end is great. I don't know if it beats the original for me, but I love listening to it from time to time. 

Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is a classic now. 

I adore Arcade Fire's cover of "The Guns of Brixton", I wish there was some official recording of it. I don't know if taking the "live" aspect of it would kill its energy, though, which is what I love about it. But hell, just do an official live recording. I can completely imagine people going out in the streets and rioting as they sing this. 

Ash's (with Chris Martin)  cover of The Buzzcock's "Everybody's Happy Nowadays" is neat:

I've also gone crazy over Ramin Djawadi's covers in Westworld, from Radiohead to the Rolling Stones: 

This cover of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" from BioShock: Infinite is pretty cute, a good contrast to the awful world the game takes place in: 

In a movie filled with disappointing covers of an amazing album, Elton John steals the show as the Pinball Wizard in Tommy: 

And if anyone here is watching "Better Call Saul", I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been listening to this the past week: 

• 1 month later...

Since it's Halloween, posting this awesome cover of "This is Halloween" by Marilyn Manson. This is also one of my fave AMV's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

John Barrowman's cover of Demi Lovato's Skyscraper is Way better! (Ignore the typo title and that it's a fanvid, LOL)

I recently found this cover where Sophie Ellis Bextor sings Do you Remember The First Time by Pulp. I was surprised but it’s a great cover. 

Original: All the Stars by SZA and Kendrick Lamar

Here’s a beautiful rendition by Jorja Smith.

And then this is a violin cover of the same song. I just love that most of the song is in high notes. 

Archived