Sneeze Fetish Forum

Post count?

allergyboy2001

With the old software, I had 800-some posts in the post count listed by my username. Now I have 500-some? I'll never make it to 1000 or full membership at this rate, haha. Just curious.

Some posts - especially older ones - were lost in the forum upgrade for some reason or another, which then applied to peoples' post counts automatically, so quite a few people lost a number of posts.

5 hours ago, allergyboy2001 said:

I'll never make it to 1000 or full membership at this rate, haha. Just curious.

After the upgrade, the staff realised that it would take some people longer to reach 2,000 posts (and thus be eligible to be considered for Full Membership) than would otherwise have been the case.

As this seemed unfair and was nobody's fault (but just down to the upgrade) we changed the criteria as can be seen in the Membership Levels thread, which was altered a few weeks ago, to say the following:

Full Member - this will be granted at the discretion of the staff and members with a minimum of 2,000 Posts OR a minimum of 5 years as a member are eligible for consideration

I must stress that the award of Full Membership is not automatic. It is at the discretion of the staff (as it was before), but we consider members from time to time and hopefully people will be reassured that the loss of posts from their count will not penalise them, as they may also qualify for consideration due to their length of time as a member.

Archived