Sneeze Fetish Forum

Request/Trade - Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

LeapYearKisses

Sooo, yesterday I finished watching this gorgeous anime, Shouwa Genroku Rakujo Shinjuu (AKA the rakugo anime), and I have fallen hard for it, but it's pretty obscure over here in the US.  It's a beautiful historical drama/love story about performers of rakugo (Japanese spoken-word theatre/storytelling) and how they struggle to find their place within the art and with each other, especially as times keep changing during and after WWII.  Most of the fist season is a flashback detailing the life of the current rakugo master, Yurakutei Yakumo. There are only 18 fics for it on AO3, and I'm trying to pace myself, but I'm dying.

And naturally, for anyone who knows me, I am head over heels for Yakumo, the distant-with-a-heart-of-gold, ambiguously bi, black-haired pretty boy (on the right).  And his not-exactly-canon-but-heavily-implied lover, Sukeroku (left).  I will give my non-existent firstborn and armfuls of internet cookies to anyone who could write me a sneezefic or do some art about Yakumo in his younger years.  Cold or allergies, does not matter.  BL a plus but not required.

Also, I am almost done with my degree and so I can also offer fic or art for a trade in the next couple of weeks!

And if no one has seen this anime, which I think is likely, then I am totally just pimping it here for anyone who likes drama, historical settings, character-driven plots, and wants to see Yakumo cross-dress gorgeously for the sake of theatre...  Please just go watch it.  It's on Crunchyroll.

rakugo%20(30)-noscale.jpg

IM SCREAMING IM SCREAMING I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!  Oh my god I even thought about writing something but I just....I'm really not comfortable writing FF anymore BUT GOD YES I WANT SOMETHING ON THIS.

If inspiration does suddenly strike I will let you know...mother of god I loved this show so much....

I could try and make some art! I really like the character design of these two! No promises on when it'd be done though, my 'artsy-fartsy' moods are hit and miss right now haha! 

7 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

IM SCREAMING IM SCREAMING I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!  Oh my god I even thought about writing something but I just....I'm really not comfortable writing FF anymore BUT GOD YES I WANT SOMETHING ON THIS.

If inspiration does suddenly strike I will let you know...mother of god I loved this show so much....

OH MAN IT IS SO COOL, ISN'T IT??  When I watched the first episode I kind of thought it would be boring, but I PERSEVERED and I so glad I did!  I hope inspiration does strike for you!  If it doesn't, no worries.  Come scream in this thread with me more. XDD

3 hours ago, sneezyholmes said:

I could try and make some art! I really like the character design of these two! No promises on when it'd be done though, my 'artsy-fartsy' moods are hit and miss right now haha! 

Oh man, I would love you!  If it strikes you, I will explode with happiness!

I started watching it when epi 5 was out since I kept seeing people flail about it and THEN found out Ishida Akira was Kiku which sold me.

Ive got something stewing in my head... gimme a few days to get it down...

Kaze, you are wonderful and I am very excited.  But no pressure!

On 5/5/2016 at 3:47 PM, LeapYearKisses said:

Kaze, you are wonderful and I am very excited.  But no pressure!

Hehe thanks.

Quick question, do you want it told like how Kiku is narrating or do you want standard 3rd person?

I am a fan of third person more than 1st, but whatever feels more comfortable for you!  I know some stories just insist on being told a certain way. :)

omg I'm so excited~

Archived