Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can I "hide" a topic?

Sophie<3

Is there a way that we can hide certain topics, so that they don't show up on our dash at all anymore? And can I, like, make something completely inaccessible for myself?

Please, this is urgent and important to me. That weight loss topic (no offense to anyone writing in there, not your fault) is super triggering to me. Staying away from it isn't an option. I've already opened it even though I really shouldn't and I only glanced at it and started crying right away. I'm officially recovered, but I'm so unstable, pleeease don't force me to keep looking at this every single time log in here. The words "weight loss struggle" by themselves are much more than I can handle. Please help. This is normally such a safe space for me. :( 

Thanks xx

I'm so sorry, Sophie!

There isn't a way to hide threads, but if you feel like you'd be able to stop yourself from opening the 'this person has posted' message to reveal the post, putting the OP on ignore so you can't read the actual content of the post might help? Not that it's her fault, obviously, but as a way to keep yourself safe until the thread has been bumped down? 

To add to what Junia said you can minimize the forum it belongs to, the non fetish forum so you wont see it if someone posts it, but itll also hide anything else.

Might be a short term solution. Sorry it's upset you :hug:

This thread is probably a good time to ask: @High on Lullabies, is there any additional software available to add to the forum to allow things like hiding threads? There are a number I'd love to hide for myself (although for more superficial reasons than Sophie's one) and if this is an app that's available then maybe we could look into adding it? I don't know if anything like that exists, but it might be worth looking into for things like this. 

44 minutes ago, Junia said:

I'm so sorry, Sophie!

There isn't a way to hide threads, but if you feel like you'd be able to stop yourself from opening the 'this person has posted' message to reveal the post, putting the OP on ignore so you can't read the actual content of the post might help? Not that it's her fault, obviously, but as a way to keep yourself safe until the thread has been bumped down? 

Just don't use the "Unread Content" icon at the top of the forum to browse recent topics, if you do this, as it does not prevent a blocked member's posts from showing up in their preview text. Which is ridiculous, as that's the primary way I access the forum, but hey. 

1 hour ago, Junia said:

I'm so sorry, Sophie!

Thanks, Junia! I might just have to do that. It seems so mean and I really don't want to hurt her feelings. :( But I just don't think I can handle the situation any other way. It's bad enough constantly being bombarded by weight loss ads everywhere! I just don't want there to be harmful content on here for me, you know?

1 hour ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

To add to what Junia said you can minimize the forum it belongs to, the non fetish forum so you wont see it if someone posts it, but itll also hide anything else.

Might be a short term solution. Sorry it's upset you :hug:

Thanks, Kaze! :hug: 

21 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Just don't use the "Unread Content" icon at the top of the forum to browse recent topics, if you do this, as it does not prevent a blocked member's posts from showing up in their preview text. Which is ridiculous, as that's the primary way I access the forum, but hey. 

Okay, thanks for the tip!

1 minute ago, Sophie<3 said:

It seems so mean and I really don't want to hurt her feelings.

Hey, don't worry about that. This is a topic that can be really triggering to a lot of people and I'm sure anybody would understand that it's not a personal problem, just something you have to do to keep yourself safe. 

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:04 PM, Junia said:

This thread is probably a good time to ask: @High on Lullabies, is there any additional software available to add to the forum to allow things like hiding threads? There are a number I'd love to hide for myself (although for more superficial reasons than Sophie's one) and if this is an app that's available then maybe we could look into adding it? I don't know if anything like that exists, but it might be worth looking into for things like this.

@Sophie<3 - I've just installed something that means you can now ignore topics to prevent them from coming up in your streams e.g. Unread Content or any search results. To activate it for a topic, you'll need to open that topic and then click the 'Ignore Topic' button at the top of the page. 

Unfortunately there isn't any way of actually making the topic invisible to you or locking it from you if you were to actually go into the forum where it is. Those settings can only be applied to a whole group e.g. Members, on a whole forum e.g. General Discussion. The best way to hide the actual topic from you would be, as Junia says, to ignore the OP of that topic.

Anyway, I shall keep looking for something better and I hope this helps at least a little in the meantime. Good luck!

27 minutes ago, High on Lullabies said:

@Sophie<3 - I've just installed something that means you can now ignore topics to prevent them from coming up in your streams e.g. Unread Content or any search results. To activate it for a topic, you'll need to open that topic and then click the 'Ignore Topic' button at the top of the page. 

Unfortunately there isn't any way of actually making the topic invisible to you or locking it from you if you were to actually go into the forum where it is. Those settings can only be applied to a whole group e.g. Members, on a whole forum e.g. General Discussion. The best way to hide the actual topic from you would be, as Junia says, to ignore the OP of that topic.

Anyway, I shall keep looking for something better and I hope this helps at least a little in the meantime. Good luck!

Thank you! It's really great that this has been taken so seriously! I've gone and clicked the new ignore buttons now, thanks! And I'm also ignoring the OP. It seems to still pop up occasionally, but... less. Which is good. And I'm trying so hard to ignore it (against all self-destructive desire to read through it) and I've managed so far. I'd be great to have an option to really make a topic completely invisible for yourself... but I'm generally feeling better about this already. Thanks so much for the support!

Archived