Sneeze Fetish Forum

updating topic titles

this_is_not_me

I've always lurked here more than I've posted, but I finally got around to posting a fic recently. And now that I've got part 2 up, I don't know how to edit the topic title (which still says "Part 1/?"). I know I've seen people do this (or put "updated [date]" into the topic title when they update a fic), but I don't seem to have access to edit my topic title. I'm guessing I might not have a high enough member status since I'm not the most active member.

I know this is a silly little thing to ask about, but does anyone know how to help me get my topic title edited? 

Thanks!!

You will need to PM a mod and ask to be added to the writers group. This will allow you to edit topic titles.

Just now, AnonyMeows said:

You will need to PM a mod and ask to be added to the writers group. This will allow you to edit topic titles.

Thank you!!! Um... I feel really dumb admitting this, but I can't find a list of the current active mods.

(I'm pretty sure the person who gave me access to the adult board is a mod so I can probably ask them if there's no list.)

Hi this_is_not_me

Firstly, just to say that since the forum upgrade in February, the way to edit a topic title is by editing the first post in the thread. You are right to say that it then depends on your membership level as to whether you can do that or not. In your case, you can edit your posts for 60 minutes after you have posted them. Therefore, on this occasion, I have edited your topic for you to say part 2.

As Anony has pointed out, for those members who have posted a few stories, they can apply to join the Writers' Group, which gives greater editing powers, by sending a PM to one of the Admins (that's PuddinPop, Dusty15 or me).

I hope that helps!

:joal:

Oh, awesome. Thanks so much for fixing my title!

I figured out that PuddinPop was probably one since he gave me access to the adult board recently. I messaged him to ask about the writers' group, but it sounds like I need to be more active first. Do I just bug a mod any time I want to fix my title until then? (Won't be a big issue, I'm a slow writer anyway.)

:D

Yes, being in the Writers' Group is a privilege, so we normally expect members to have posted a few stories before we grant it. 

And yes, in the meantime, I'd be happy to edit any topic titles for you, if you PM me (and any other staff member would be happy to help too).

4 minutes ago, Joal 555 said:

Yes, being in the Writers' Group is a privilege, so we normally expect members to have posted a few stories before we grant it. 

And yes, in the meantime, I'd be happy to edit any topic titles for you, if you PM me (and any other staff member would be happy to help too).

Okie, thanks so much. :D

I was just going to reply to your PM but I can see this has all been sorted now, so I won't ^_^

Just thought I'd say so to avoid you thinking I was ignoring the message :zippy: 

Archived