Sneeze Fetish Forum

Posting links to elsewhere?

HornedSerpent

Hey, so I feel like I might have run across a post covering this, but since I'm in the midst of being validated (so look forward to that!) I have no search function so I don't know where it is or if it answered this question.  Hopefully you've not already answered this one thousand times!  If you have, sincerely apologize.

Anywho, I would love to post links to youtube and such, but I feel like there was something about that, like some precaution we should be taking to keep privacy, or something like that?  I've seen links around but I've been afraid to post them myself, because I don't wanna bring unwanted attention over yonder.  So, yeah, what are best practices with regards to links not from a Dropbox or Drive account?

Thanks!

You can always refer to the Forum rules via the Forum Constitution, found here and also linked under the Guidelines at the top of the Forum: http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/index.php?/guidelines/

Regarding privacy (from the constitution): 
Our members value their privacy. As such, we do not permit the posting of personal details (yours or anyone else's) in open forum. You may share your own personal information in your profile (e-mail, messenger IDs, etc.). You may *not* share personal information about another member anywhere on the forum, be it posting, blogging or in chat. As well, we strongly discourage our underage members from posting any personal details in their profiles, for their protection. 

And regarding sharing Youtube or other media: 

Real-life (Non-animated) Video Clips - No clips involving under-18's may be posted, linked or directed to. Please note this is not limited to standard clips, but also includes links to advertisements, medical sites or news items containing such clips.

Video Clips and Artwork of animated characters i.e. cartoons, etc - Clips and artwork involving characters of any age maybe posted, linked or directed to, though the rules regarding sexualisation of underage people (stated below) still apply.

Audio Clips - No clips involving under-18's may be posted, linked or directed to.

I hope that answers your question? If I'm missing something, let me know! :)

Mostly just wanted to know if posting a direct link would somehow be bad for privacy as far as like... tracing things back to this site?  Cause I know that is a thing with pictures, so I've been using a dropbox for those. 

• 5 weeks later...

Nope, as long as you're not imbedding photos with a hotlink, it's fine to link. There have been instances where someone on YouTube noticed hits being generated from this site and deleted their video, but we don't have any policies preventing people from sharing Youtube and other similar links here for that reason. A lot of people use TinyPic or similar sites to share images directly on the Forum.

Archived