Sneeze Fetish Forum

-- 99% hot gas

Sageacity

I don't believe this is a topic that's come up, but it's something I've thought about. I feel that lately, the world has become much more flexible on what a person can feel comfortable in doing, not so restricted by expectations of gender roles. What I mean to say, there are effeminate men, masculine women, people who have mastered both worlds and so on. But I still define characteristics about myself that I feel are more masculine or more feminine. So the point of this topic is for people to express their attributes comfortably, things that may have embarrassed you in the past because it wasn't ladylike/manly then, that you're proud of now or have found positives in, or still easing into. It can be a list, a story within this topic, or so on. 

For example ~

I am masculine in that:

- I am fine with touching "the creepy crawlies." I am known to pick up spiders and take them outside, or to be the exterminator.

- I tend to be dominant/competitive in games or sports.

- I'm stubborn/prideful at times, and it's hard to back off without acting defiant when I feel that something is wrong and affecting someone negatively.

- I like to do the picking up in most senses of the word.

- I wear suspenders from time to time.

- My default mood is grumpy.

- I prefer earthy fragrances, and hate most things floral.

- Horror based media is cool.

- I'm enjoy putting things together (ie furniture.)

- I don't gossip. 

I am feminine in that:

- I collect scarves I find "neat."

- I cry at movies, or over a really sad/joyous part in works of literature

- Things must be tidy, at the very least. Messy living space, bad headspace.

- I wear light cosmetics when I feel like it. It's like coloring, er-- sort of.

- I like to dance, which involves a lot of wiggling.

- Knitting is very relaxing.

- I am highly affectionate around the right people and love hugs.

:awesum:

And now I'm nervous as hell. I mean no offense by this and I don't mean to trigger anyone, I know the topic of gendering things is a delicate area and that some would rather eradicate gender designated references altogether. FFFFF- :shocking:

1 hour ago, nefarious exhales said:

And now I'm nervous as hell. I mean no offense by this and I don't mean to trigger anyone, I know the topic of gendering things is a delicate area and that some would rather eradicate gender designated references altogether. FFFFF- :shocking:

Everyone has the right to classify things into cathegories in their own way or in the way that is familiar to them, how they've grown up doing, that feels the most natural to them... I for ond might not classify likes and personality traits into masculine and feminine like this (and am confused by most the ones you listed because I never grew up seeing the thinga on your masculine list as anything but neutral) but you and I are different people with different perceptions of the world. I understand that you are nervous as this is a sensitve topic and could be triggering but isn't this topic at least in part about dealing woth insecurities brought on by traditional expectations for men/women and how well you fir or don't fit them? And for some people that is important and just what they might need.

I don't really categorize things by gender because it's exhausting, but since it's relevant to the conversation about gender:

I noticed the joke in your pronouns field and hoped you'd take a look at this post that explains why that kind of thing is hurtful to nonbinary people and consider changing it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Junia said:

I don't really categorize things by gender because it's exhausting, but since it's relevant to the conversation about gender:

I noticed the joke in your pronouns field and hoped you'd take a look at this post that explains why that kind of thing is hurtful to nonbinary people and consider changing it. Thanks!

It... wasn't necessarily a joke, it was my way of eliminating the chances of being spoken for or about, as I'd rather be spoken to directly or to speak for myself. But I see your point, consider it fixed.

On 8/6/2016 at 0:20 AM, Sitruuna said:

Everyone has the right to classify things into cathegories in their own way or in the way that is familiar to them, how they've grown up doing, that feels the most natural to them... I for ond might not classify likes and personality traits into masculine and feminine like this (and am confused by most the ones you listed because I never grew up seeing the thinga on your masculine list as anything but neutral) but you and I are different people with different perceptions of the world. I understand that you are nervous as this is a sensitve topic and could be triggering but isn't this topic at least in part about dealing woth insecurities brought on by traditional expectations for men/women and how well you fir or don't fit them? And for some people that is important and just what they might need.

Thank you, Sitruuna. I thought it'd be a good middle ground. I am fine with the body I inhabit (Nef talks like she's a demon possessing a mortal body :zippy:.) I'm fine with saying I'm cis female because the modern age allows for more gray areas and liberties. I don't strive to present myself as anything other than what I am. I suppose I could say I'm gender-fluid, but do I need to at this point in the timeline? I don't believe so. I'm comfortable in my skin. And males and females are similar when it comes down to chromosomes unless you want to get technical about parts. 

To be honest, I only started thinking of classifying these traits of mine after I started to see quizzes like this or this circulating, and if you watch enough media with cliche character types, there are repeating patterns. But again, times are changing. 

Edited Add-On: And when I refer to masculine and feminine, I don't mean  masculine = male, feminine = female, thank you.

Archived