Sneeze Fetish Forum

Describe A Movie Badly

SleepingPhlox

I've stolen this idea from exactly everywhere but it's fun.  Pretty much what it says: describe a movie accurately but in a way that makes it sound boring or misses the point the filmmakers tried to make, or takes an action movie and leaves out all the explosions...get the picture?

**Edited to add:  TV shows are also included, hit me with your funniest bad TV show descriptions!**

For example:

Iron Man 2:  Terminally ill man has trouble coping, and everyone gets mad at him for it.

Thor:  Two brothers want their fathers approval and then one reacts badly to finding out he was adopted.

Nightmare Before Christmas:  Guy feels stuck in his career path, tries a new career, decides to go back to the old one.

So yeah, that's how it works soooo..anyone got any fun ones?

Edited by SleepingPhlox
Adding a really good idea that I can't take credit for!
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rook

• Zed

• Chanel_no5

• SleepingPhlox

Hunger games: girl makes out with guy to not get killed

catching Fire: girl makes out with two different guys and get mad a lot

mocking jay: girl gets really mad inside of a hole

Joining in with movies few to none of you have heard of:

Rare export: a young boy meets Santa.

Napapiirin sankarit/Lapland Odyssey: a man gets his girlfriend a digital television adapter.

Tears of April: a man and a woman travel together. The woman gets a child.

Sauna: a troubled man baths his brother after a long journey.

Wreck It Ralph: Huge dude hates his life and tries to get people to like him, but it doesn't work and I guess he makes some friends and learns to cope. 

Disclaimer! I actually love all these movies. :lol:

Titanic: Girl meets boy on boat. Boat sinks.

Dolores Claiborne: Mother and daughter talk about their past.

Witches of Eastwick: Three women want a man. When they get him, they want to get rid of him.

Poltergeist: A spooky girl watches too much TV. 

The Big Lebowski: Slacker wants to redecorate his home and goes on the hunt for the perfect rug.

Little person accidentally acquires stolen goods, is coerced into traveling across the world to dispose of the stolen property only to have his finger improperly amputated (Lord of the Rings).

Women use science to combat the paranormal, causing men to rage on the internet (2016 Ghostbusters).

A fish is lost and then found (Finding Nemo).

Edited by AnonyMeows
More movies

Hercules: Zero to Hero

Mulan: Young woman finds who she really is when she pretends to be her father's son in order to save him and her country. 

Snow White and the seven dwarves: a princess takes a "wishing apple" from a stranger who is her step mom trying to kill her because of a mirror.

Afro Samurai Resurrection: African American Samurai fighting over a cloth but has cool hair.

The Prince of Egypt: Two brothers who are not brothers fight when one becomes the leader of the Hebrews and sing a lot. Deals with Adoption.

Twilight: No emotion meets no emotion.

Am I allowed to do shows? Because in that case:

A man with daddy issues convinces his younger brother to quit his promising career pursuit and drop out of Stanford to instead go on an epic road trip. Things go downhill from there... (Supernatural)

A hospital continues to make questionable budget decisions by paying an entire team of people to cure one person per week... (House M.D.) 

Yes, I think the game should also include shows because I bet people have got some funny ones. Good idea to include those too!  If I can still edit my first post I'll put that in there!

The movie ones are killing me, but I think the Big Lebowski one up there was freaking genius.  Also I really want to watch Lapland Odyssey for context of that description now! :laugh:

Failur child saves father using a magic pill and is forced to continue using said pill or else he dies/other people do. (CBS Limitless)

Edited by batmansgirl

Man shrinks to almost nothing to save his daughter (Ant-Man).

People with super powers are manipulated by a man with an eye patch into saving the world from aliens (The Avengers).

2 hours ago, Sophie<3 said:

A hospital continues to make questionable budget decisions by paying an entire team of people to cure one person per week... (House M.D.) 

This made me laugh ok. Absolutely perfect. :' D

2 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Also I really want to watch Lapland Odyssey for context of that description now! :laugh:

Watch it, it's good. : P 

I want to do more of these:

Little miss sunshine: a young girl takes part in a beauty contest; family issues get more or less solved

The Mummy/the Evil Dead: someone reads a book with bad consequences

Cabin fever 2: a bloody good prom

Cabin fever patient zero: sometimes mice can transmit diseases

Terminator (the first one) - indestructible killing machine fails to terminate its target and gets destroyed.

Terminator 2 - indestructible killing machine protects young boy and ultimately sacrifices itself to kill other indestructible killing machine.

:joal:

4 hours ago, Sophie<3 said:

What the fuck, I am in stitches over this one, for real. :rofl: It's so real.

I absolutely suck at things like this, but I am really enjoying reading other peoples'. :lol: 

Blair Witch Project: Some people get lost in the Woods chasing after the supernatural, is it obvious enough something bad happens?

Care Bears (the first 1980s movie): Some plush teddy bears from the sky come down to Earth to save two young orphans and teach the bad guy some feelings

Harry Potter: 7 years of a boy trying to get revenge for his scar

Care Bears Movie 2: Same teddy bears come down from the sky to save a summer camp from the devil

A Tale of Two Sisters: A Korean production, the sister that you think did it didn't do it. Not related to a Tale of Two Cities.

3 hours ago, Bondi said:

Fight Club - It's about a club where men can fight one another.

This one made me crack up in the middle of Big Lots. :yay:

Hmm, let's see, what else...

Chef with poor hygiene kills a huge chunk of the population, or; bat poop + pigs = a plague for the ages (Contagion)

4 minutes ago, AnonyMeows said:

This one made me crack up in the middle of Big Lots. :yay:

Hmm, let's see, what else...

Chef with poor hygiene kills a huge chunk of the population, or; bat poop + pigs = a plague for the ages (Contagion)

(btw the ant man and avengers made me smile like the trash I am) Little human outsmarts a god Percy Jackson series/Gods of Eygept

Mad Max: Fury Road: A group of women go for a drive. Some guy goes with them, grunts.

Pan's Labyrinth: Girl runs errands for goatman. Absolutely NO ONE has a good time.

Big Fish: Old man constantly lies to everyone, is beloved. Son resents him until he, too, learns to lie.

Fargo: Guy gets shredded.

Star Wars: Farm kid uses mystical force to blow shit up.

Creepy music genius composer falls in love with singer. Phantom of the Opera