• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rook

• Zed

• Chanel_no5

• SleepingPhlox

Gerald's Game: Woman with her hands tied gives herself some very good advice. 

Stranger Things: Kind of a played dead-straight grown-up version of "Secret World of Alex Mack".  

ETA: Gerald's Game was the "unfilmable" King novel that actually works very well as a movie. And Stranger Things is the best thing I've seen since the first seasons of X-files!! :omg: 

Edited by Chanel_no5
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, that sounds fun, let's try this: 

Independence Day: Will Smith wants to celebrate Independence Day with a Barbecue, but a giant alien frisbee turns up and ruins his plans, so he gets mad and helps some nerd professor to destroy the thing.

Edited by Selene

BBC Merlin-  Magic: the cause of, and solution to, all of Camelot's problems.

Shrek - a movie that capitalizes on a dead meme and proves that corporations don't know how to connect to the common folk. Who in their right minds would make a movie about an ogre anyway? Ridiculous.

Ghostbusters (original): when overly strict government regulations cause the end of the world, it’s up to a team of small businessmen to save it by sending a sexually ambiguous immigrant from another dimension back where he/she came from.

Inside Out: girl looses some important things in the process of moving to a new house, thinks about going back to try and recover them, ultimately decides not to.

The Martian: the US government spends enough money to end world hunger on saving this world one guy, because him dying would make them look bad.

(I love all these movies, for the record)

Good stuff everyone! Let's keep this rolling....

Apollo 13: The Griswolds' space vacation goes predictably wrong but they have lots of crazy adventures and make it home safely.

Take care,

Zed

I'm watching The Lion King right now. So...

A lion cub 'Just Can't Wait to Be King', but then he doesn't want to anymore. but he eventually becomes one, anyway. 

On 2/22/2018 at 9:16 AM, SleepingPhlox said:

BBC Merlin-  Magic: the cause of, and solution to, all of Camelot's problems.

TRUE 

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, LaDeeDaa said:

Avengers: Infinity War- Whoops, they’re dead. 

F WHHY

Dead man's shoes: a man is pissed off about how some people treat his brother

American Ultra: government gets in the way of a stoner proposing to his girlfriend. 

• 2 weeks later...

a bunch of British teenagers point sticks at each other and sit on broomsticks (Harry potter) 

• 1 year later...

A double apology -- for reviving this thread and for providing a take on something that has already been listed but it suddenly occurred to me that I could use a Python line to describe a certain trilogy....

Lord of the Rings: Elves, dwarves, orcs, humans, wizards and hobbits engage in a lot of silly, knee-bent, running around, advancing behaviour.

Take care,

Zed

Batman Begins: a sexy dude is so mad someone shot his folks he goes off to fight the world. His friend hooks him up with cool toys and his other friend helps him keep them a secret. He don't get the girl. Gary Oldman is awesome.

I didn't write either of these jokes, but they're too good to not repeat.

The Blair Witch Project: They're going into the wood. Nothing's happening... Nothing's happening... They're angry, something about a map. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention. Nothing's happening... Nothing's happening... It's over, and a lot of people look pissed off.

Green Book: This time the racist is in the front seat.

-------------------

My own terrible efforts:

Alien Covenant: This time they come out of your BACK!

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: School is the first to fail every health and safety check.

--------------------

And to describe a movie by a quote:

Armageddon: Ben Affleck: "I asked Michael Bay why it was easier to train oil drillers to become astronauts than it was to train astronauts to become oil drillers, and he told me to shut the fuck up."

(This is a really fun thread :) )

Edited by Heathcliff
  • 3 years later...

Dropping in for the first time in eons to revive my favourite topic....

Avatar: Blue Man Group pauses Vegas show long enough to stop evil humans from destroying planet. James Cameron spends $400 zillion filming it but movie makes three times that much money on opening weekend. 

Happy holidays everyone!

Zed

Raiders of Lost Ark: archaeologist finds holy relic, loses it, gets it back and loses it again. Ultimately learns bureaucracy sucks.

Edited by Chiguy13

One movie and one show: 

The Good Liar: Ian McKellen's character tries to con Helen Mirren's character, but since she's as famous as he is, it's not just a cautionary tale of a naïve little widow getting conned out of her life's savings.

Pine Gap: the boss spies have to spy on their staff spies at the spy base because someone is spying on them. Also there's a VERY serious custody battle over a cat named Bruce.