Sneeze Fetish Forum

What the flag?!

March Hare

There is a little flag under my info next to my posts. I didn't put it there. I don't even know what country it belongs to. Why is that flag there? Why isn't there no flag there?

You can now pick a country in your profile, separate from the "Location" field. I believe if you edit anything else in your profile and save it it will also add a flag even if you didn't pick one. The first one in the list is Afghanistan, which is what it defaults to if you don't pick one.

35 minutes ago, Blah!? said:

The first one in the list is Afghanistan, which is what it defaults to if you don't pick one.

This appears to be the case. I didn't realise it was also happening when members changed their own profile, but we have noticed that when we change the status of a member (for example validating them, or giving them Adult Board access), if they haven't previously selected a flag, it defaults to Afghanistan, unless we override it and set the flag back to "no country". Validated members can change this themselves on their profile, but if any non-validated members want their flag changing, please post in here and we will do it for you.

Maybe I've overlooked the "no country" option, then? I certainly hope it's there, because to be perfectly opinionated, I find the whole thing silly.

ETA: Found it. Sorry about all the fuss.

There's an option that just says Country rather than an actual country, right above Afghanistan. That's what you'll need to select in order to not have a flag displayed, I just checked.

Archived