Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fuzzy&Warm

Prompt: Bath

Fandom: Good Omens (2019)

Pairing: Aziraphale/Crowley

Aziraphale smiled as he entered tepidarium, taking in the warm air and the loud conversations all around him.  He so enjoyed the baths a wonderful human invention that mixed indulgence and community.  Although being a common gathering spot it also tended to be quite crowded as he was quickly reminded of when he turned to one side and stumbled into someone else.

“Oh, I’m so sorry…Crowley?”

Even lacking his usual black garb and glasses Aziraphale still recognized him.  His hair tended to be a rather rare sight after all.

“Aziraphale?”

“What brings you here? Oh, yes tempting would be thieves and corrupting business dealings of course.”

“Yeah, right sure,” Crowley answered, and wandered off towards one of the caldarium pools.

Well that had been rather abrupt.  Then again Crowley hadn’t been in the best mood the last time he’d popped in for a quick temptation as it were.  Aziraphale wondered for a moment if he should follow, but no.  This was work after all and Crowley obviously had his orders too.  Meaning he should probably do a bit extra to cancel out the evil influences.  So Aziraphale set about blessing business dealings and happy couples all of it going as it should without a hint of trouble from the opposition.  And if all the while he indulged in the food and drink and spent extra time in the garden well no one needed to know that.

Wanting to finish out the day properly with the caldarium pool Aziraphale entered the steam filled room only to stop short as he saw Crowley there too, still apparently judging by the slightly red skin.

And alone.

“Well I can’t imagine you’re doing much tempting in here by yourself,” he said jovially.

Aziraphale frowned when he got no answer.  Crowley just sat there staring intently at the water, his nose twitching slightly.

“Crowley?”

The demon started and looked up then, and Aziraphale thought his eyes seemed a bit dull.

“Sorry, did you say something?”

Now concerned Aziraphale slid into the water too.

“Is something wrong?” he asked.

Crowley looked as though he was about to answer when his face suddenly went slack, except for his nose as the nostrils flared hard and the water rippled around his chest as he breathed in sharply.

Heh’AAsShuh! ISSSHush!

“Ah, you’re ill.”

“Thank you captain o-obvious huh’ESHUH!

“Well this explains why you’ve commandeered the pool for yourself.”

“There are three others just like it here if people want to spread rumours about a giant snake in this one that’s not my fault.”

His voice caught on the last word and Crowley turned away, coughing into his shoulder. 

Aziraphale swam the short length of the pool and sat beside him.

“Of course not.”

Crowley groaned as he leaned his head back, one finger rubbing furiously under his nose.

“Ugh…it’s been three days like this, feels like my whole head is filled with concrete.  Thought the steam and heat would help.”

“Is it?”

“A little.” He sniffled. “But it’s also making my nose run and that m-makes me ihh-ihhh-itch and I-heh I…sorry going to hihh-hahh…”

Like the last time the water rippled as Crowley drew in several hitching breaths, but it seemed the sneeze was content to remain just out of reach as Crowley’s eyes fluttered closed, irritated tears clinging to his eye lashes.  His nose, that up close Aziraphale could see was red and slightly chapped, twitched relentlessly as he built up.   

Huhh-huh-”

Aziraphale bit his lip in sympathy.  His dear fellow had to be quite full of cold to be struggling so much.   

Crowley at last jerked forward, his hands coming up to catch the fit.

huh’ISCHU! IISSHhh! Ehh’ERSHUUuH!

Wanting to offer at least some small comfort Aziraphale grabbed one of the nearby sponges and began rubbing it in soft circles over his back.

“Sorry, Aziraphale, I know I’m not very good company right now.  You don’t have to stay.”

“Well there is a new saying that misery loves company so I believe I will stay.  You know there’s this wonderful new restaurant I found last month that…”

Crowley smiled as he lowered his hands and sank down in the water, content to listen as the angel talked and continued rubbing his back.  Thinking that perhaps, just perhaps, the next time he got sick he’d come to Aziraphale first.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fuzzy&Warm

• AngelEyes

• Shamaël

• Red

I KNEW that had to be you! What a beautiful drabble. ❤️ Also LOL, giant snake.

Aziraphale, you really do need to help Crowley get home. ;)

Awww, poor ill demon. ❤️ All sulky in a pool and trying to feel better but Aziraphale of course is better than any steam bath. Loving it! :D

I'm SO GLAD we share some fandoms and SO GLAD you update this thread regularly with either Star Trek or Good Omens drabbles.

(And Crowley inducing for Aziraphale = :drool:)

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2019 at 10:14 AM, Masking said:

Aziraphale, you really do need to help Crowley get home. ;)

Yes, yes he does. 

---

Prompt: Worried

Despite Crowley’s protests they did eventually have to leave the pool and head back out into the real world.  The sun was going down by then and a slight chill had filled the air.  That of course Crowley’s nose was quick to pick up on as they stepped outside.

huh’ESHu!  ESHHuh! ASSHUHh!

There was a soft hand on his shoulder as Aziraphale hadn’t let him out of his sight since learning he was ill.

“Should I walk you home?”

“Isn't that unbecoming of an angel?  Helping the being you’re supposed to thwart?” 

“Allow me to rephrase the question then, may I walk you home?”

“A-All right.”

The walk to his place was short and silent as Crowley did his best to keep his cold at bay.  Not that he minded the attention it got him from Aziraphale he just wasn’t used to it.  Their other meetings had always involved some situation outside of themselves, or oysters, but this was new.  It felt fragile and Crowley worried that he was going to find some way to ruin it. 

He stood in the doorway when they arrived, fumbling over his words. “Umm did, did you snf! Want to come in?”

Aziraphale would have made a quip about such an invitation being unbecoming of a demon, but saw the way Crowley’s nose was twitching and decided against it. He was worried for Crowley and so any chance to keep watch over him longer was a chance to take in his mind. “I think I’d like that.”

Crowley nodded and they went in and sat down.  “I have wine if you’d like.”

“I would.”

He poured for them, but kept his own glass on the table as the tickle he had been tempering down since leaving the baths refused to be ignored any longer.

“S-sorry I need to-ehh...need to sn-snehh-hehh-sneeze huh-Huh’ASSHHU! ESSSHHUUu!

“Crowley, I-”

He held up one finger as the other pressed hard under his nose. “Hang on, Angel, still tihhh-tickles…”

He did hold on, gathering the demon close and allowing him to sneeze against his shoulder.

URUHShh! ISSSHuh! Hah-hah-hahh’ERMMPSHHh!  

They stayed like that for a while, until Crowley had the good sense to stop letting his runny nose drip all over the angel’s clothes. “I’m so sorry, Aziraphale, I don’t know what came over me.”

“I’d say what’s come over you is a terrible cold, my dear fellow, and I’m worried for your health from it.”

“M’not going to discorporate on you over this, it sounds worse than it is,” Crowley said, as he blushed furiously, “always been a bit of a loud sneezer me.  You don’t need to worry.”

“I’ll worry all I like over you, Crowley.”

Crowley was glad that he would.

Edited by Fuzzy&Warm
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Prompt: Book

The main space of the bookshop was quiet as Aziraphale had retired early to the rooms upstairs.  Cozied up in bed with a book in one hand the other holding a handkerchief tightly and pressing it to his noise for the occasional sniffle.

While all that contented the angel it was annoying the serpent currently coiled up around his feet.

“Supposed to be resting, Angel.”

“I am resting.”

“You’re relaxing there’s a difference.  Resting requires your eyes being closed.”

Aziraphale shrugged. “Well I just haven’t the knack for it like you do.  It gets so dreadfully boring.”

“Show you boring.”

He slithered his way up the bed putting his body between Aziraphale and his book, then pressed his scaled nose against the angel’s pink one. It twitched at the contact and Crowley let his tongue flicker out to tease the damp nostrils.

“Crowley, please you’re going to make me-snf snf!

“That’s the point,” he said, kissing his nose again, tongue still moving against the now flaring nostrils.

“Oh, I-I need to hih-hih-

Aziraphale let the book fall from his hand as he used both of them to cover his nose with the handkerchief.

hihh’ISSHh! Ihh’IESHh!

Crowley meanwhile shifted forms and picked up the book.

“You rest I’ll do the reading.”

Aziraphale huffed against the pillows as Crowley flipped to a different section.

“Poe is better aloud anyway.  Now true nervous very, very, dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? 

A soft kiss was pressed against the side of his own nose and Aziraphale smiled when it twitched just slightly.  Crowley rolled his eyes at the gesture and then went back to reading.

“The disease had sharpened my senses – not destroyed - not dulled them.  Above all was the sense of hearing acute.  I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth.  I heard many things in hell.  How, then am I mad?”

Aziraphale pulled the blanket up around them both as Crowley continued and closed his eyes.

Crowley was a good narrator he’d give him that.

Prompt: Frustration

Crowley yanked the covers off his head with a groan and glared up at the ceiling that he’d been staring at for the last three days.

It was time to admit it: he was sick or rather still sick. 

Despite rest, warm drinks, and the occasional spoonful of disgusting cough syrup he still felt like garbage.  There was no way he was in any shape to meet Aziraphale today and it was time to come clean to the angel.  He was unable to find his phone in the mass of blankets so with a huff of frustration he got up, and keeping the bundle of blankets around himself dragged his aching body to his study.

Aziraphale picked up half-way through the first ring.

“I’m sorry, but we are most definitely closed today.”

“Hey, Aziraphale, it’s me.”

“Oh, Crowley, did you just get up?  You sound hoarse.  You didn’t need to phone so early I have everything packed.”

“Yeah about that I’m afraid I have to cancel I’m-I’m not feeling well.”

“Well I’m sorry to hear that did you-”

Crowley cut him off with a loud double sneeze.

Ehh’IESHu! ITCHShu!  ’scuse me.”

“Yes, I just- it just seems rather sudden.  Did this really show up only today?”  

“No, it’s been a couple of days.”

“And you didn’t think to call me before now?”

“Was hoping I’d feel better in time and I didn’t want to disappoint you.”

“I see.”

“Well I can tell I have so I’ll just go.”

“Crowley, wait-”

The demon didn’t wait he hung up with a sigh and slowly trudged back to bed.  He didn’t actually get in bed though he just stared at the closet and thought about Aziraphale, alone and rejected in the bookshop.

Dropping the blankets to the floor he put on proper clothes as fast as he could and headed down to his car.  The chill of winter had firmly set up camp in London and Crowley shivered as he walked the short distance to the Bentley.

It was warm as he slid into it though.  Crowley grinned as he gripped the steering wheel his Bentley never let him down.  The car seemed quite pleased with itself and if Crowley happened to hit every green light on the way over to the bookshop well life just worked out that way sometimes. 

His luck ran out as he approached the bookshop and raised his hand to knock on the door.  Not even getting there before he had to pull back to cough into his elbow.

Aziraphale still heard him though as the door flew open.

“Oh, Crowley, what in the heavens are you doing here?”

Crowley shrugged as he came up for air his plan had sounded much better before he went out. “Felt bad that I had to ruin our date and thought I should apologize in person.”

“Good gracious you don’t need to apologize for being ill and you certainly shouldn’t be standing out in this chill.”

Aziraphale quickly pulled him inside.  Crowley’s nose easily reacted to the change in temperature.  The urge to sneeze coming up so fast he barely had time to bring his scarf up to cover himself.

huh’ESHHh! ASSHuh! IESHAHH! Snf! Hehh-heh-oh Satan-ESSHHhu! Ahh-IEASHUUuh!

Aziraphale unfolded his handkerchief and handed it to him.

“Thank you.”

As Crowley worked to clean himself up Aziraphale gently got him seated on the couch.

“Crowley, the whole point of cancelling was to not have you out when you’re sick,” he admonished, while wrapping him up in a thick blanket.

“I know, but you just seemed…frustrated that I did that.”

Aziraphale sighed. “I was more frustrated with myself really, because I’ve made you feel you couldn’t tell me you weren’t feeling right until the last minute.”

“Like I said I was hoping I’d feel better in time and what if I did and disappointed you for nothing.”

“That exactly what I mean.   You’re always putting me ahead of yourself .  I mean you dragged yourself here while clearly feeling so wretched just to make sure I was okay.”

Yellow eyes glanced down at the blanket.  It wasn’t very demon like, but Crowley knew no other way to be with his angel. “Yeah, well it’s kinda what I do isn’t it?”

“I know and I do appreciate it truly, but I’d like to return the favour if I could.  I was planning to come over to see you, you know.”

Aziraphale pointed out the basket that was going to be for their outing and now held supplies for the ailing demon, including a large tartan thermos.

“Did you make soup?” Crowley asked.

“Even better I made stew.  Just like that kind we had back in Norwich you remember.”

“Yeah,” he said fondly, feeling his appetite finally perk up.  

Aziraphale noticed the way his slightly forked tongue was trying to peek out from his lips.  Without a word he opened the thermos and poured a large helping for him.  Crowley accepted the mug, sniffling as he let the steam try to work its way through what felt like fifty layers of congestion.  Then he sunk back on the couch with a sigh to get more comfortable.

“You’re sure you don’t mind?” he asked, falling back into old habits, still getting used to the idea that someone would care for him just because they liked him being him.  

“Not at all,” Aziraphale said, pulling out another handkerchief and tending to his nose so Crowley could continue to hold the stew.

Crowley blushed, but accepted the attention, slowly sipping the stew and letting it coat his throat.

“Thanks, Angel, m’feeling better already.”

Ooh, what a brilliant treat at the end of the festive time! Two such lovely drabbles. They are so tender and loving. :wub:  Thank you so much!

• 4 weeks later...

Prompt: Harsh

It was well into the evening when Crowley and Aziraphale managed to stumble their way back to the bookshop.  Having whiled away their time after lunch walking the streets of the city, taking in the atmosphere of life continuing on as it should, of being safe, and getting to indulge in the ice cream they’d gotten earlier before being so rudely interrupted by their former bosses.

As they went inside Aziraphale felt his heart lighten even more as his eyes roamed the familiar shelves and his body seemed to bask in the warmth and the smell of leather and well-worn pages.  There were some things to be re-arranged Crowley had mentioned that and frankly it sounded like the perfect way to spend the rest of the night.

Still he did have company.

“Crowley, I know this is going to sound terribly selfish, but would you mind if I kept house for tonight?”

He got no answer.

“Crowley?”

He turned around to find Crowley standing unusually still except for the twitch at the bridge of his nose and the flare of his nostrils.  

HUUH’ATSHUUuh!

The sneeze jolted Crowley forward, loud and uncovered, but he didn’t even have time to apologize as his chest was heaving, already gearing up for another one.    

“Ahh-ahh-hih’ISSSHHHU! ESSUHU!  Sorry I…I-ihhh-hehh-sn-sneeehhh-hahh’ERUSHHUUuh!”

The release was full-bodied, bending him in half and sending his glasses clattering to the floor.

Aziraphale knelt down and picked them up as Crowley stayed slouched over, sniffling and rubbing his nose in the aftermath.

“Sorry, Angel, don’t know what came over me,” he said, his voice rough as the sneezes had scrapped against his throat.

Aziraphale held onto the glasses as he noticed Crowley’s eyes were just a tad dull and his sniffles wetter than they should be.  He rubbed a hand in small circles over the demon’s back and pressed a soft kiss to his temple.

“On second thought perhaps we should get you to bed hmm?”

Crowley just nodded, the fit seemingly draining him of whatever energy he had left. 

He did manage to get himself together enough to miracle up a handkerchief as he felt the irritating tickle rising again, so sharp and quick that it refused to be ignored.

huhh’ASUUUu! EASHHHuh!

Gesundheit, my dear fellow,” Aziraphale said, as he slipped a hand around his waist he helped him upstairs.

Awww, bless the poor demon. :wub: Thank you so much for giving us so much Good Omens deliciousness to indulge in. :D 

• 1 month later...

Prompt: Tissues

A light summer shower had descended over London driving most of the citizens indoors.  Crowley and Aziraphale were already there, having set up camp in the infrequently used bedroom in the flat atop the bookshop.  The demon’s harsh sneezes from the night before had been a herald of what was to come as a tickly cold had settled firmly in his nose.  Leaving him sniffly and congested and perpetually on the verge of a sneeze.

Aziraphale shifted as he felt the familiar tensing of his bedfellow and pulled out a few tissues from the box at his side.  Handkerchiefs had been forgone as ineffective against the mess and frequency of Crowley’s sneezes.

hehh-Azira-ahh-ahh…

“I know, Crowley, It’s all right,” he said, and held up the tissues as Crowley jerked forward with a wet release.

ihhh’IESHUhh! ESHhh! ESUHHh!

The tissues grew damp, but Aziraphale kept them in place as the crease of Crowley’s eyebrows let him know that this was going to be a particularly tickly fit.

huh-huh-HAH-ERSHUhh! IESHH! ISSHuh! ISSHh! Heh-heh…hehh’ASSUHuh! Ugh…”

Tossing the tissues into the already overflowing waste basket Aziraphale got him a fresh set so Crowley could blow his nose.  

“Sorry about all this,” Crowley said, as Aziraphale gently wiped his damp nostrils dry.

“There’s no need to be sorry.  You can hardly help it after all.”

“I know it’s just that we’re finally free and can do whatever we please and instead you have to spend it playing nurse.”

“Did I say I minded?”

“No, but I-ehh oh no I can-hehh-I can’t huh-huhh’ERSSHUuh! ASHH! ISHHH! Uhh’ISSHUUuh!

Crowley blushed and looked up sheepishly from where he’d buried himself against Aziraphale’s chest.

“Guess we weren’t quite ready.”

Aziraphale just smiled and got him a tissue.

“Something tells me we’re going to have more than enough chances to practice, my dear.”

• 1 month later...

Prompt: Listless

“Is the heat high enough?” Aziraphale asked, as he put a small bowl of soup broth next to the water bowl.

Crowley nodded limply from where he was coiled up tight around his heat rock, though he did manage to move his head down a little to drink some of the soup.

“It’s good.”

“I’m glad, did you need anything else?”

“No, I’m…I-I-heh…heh…

Aziraphale was at the ready and quickly wrapped his handkerchief around Crowley’s snout.

ASHhh! ESShu! Huh’AEUSHhuh!

“Salud, my dear.”

“Thanks, Angel.”

He didn’t ask why Crowley had chosen to take this form while ill perhaps it required less energy of which the demon was certainly lacking as of late.  Instead he set up a chair next to him in case he needed anything and began to read.

Charlie was halfway through the factory when Crowley moved to wrap lightly around the angel’s neck.

“You’re warm too, Angel.”

“Suppose I am.”

He reached into his pocket as Crowley’s body contracted in a familiar way.

hehh-ehhh-ESShuh! IESHuuh!”  

“And it does make this easier.”

Crowley mumbled in agreement as his body relaxed against Aziraphale’s.

“Would you like me to read out loud?”

Crowley gave him a gentle squeeze and he took that as a yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Prompt: Under the Weather

“I need a favour.”

It had been a simple request.  Something Crowley might have turned down probably should have turned down given the scratchiness building in the back of his throat, but…It was the first time he’d been asked since the whole holy water fiasco, the church didn’t count really, and he didn’t want to ruin anything again.

So he went up north, spent longer than he should have there, picked up some pastries on the way back even though it was raining, and drank in the bright smile Aziraphale gave him when he presented the box.

“Hope it didn’t get too wet.”

“I’m sure they’ll be just lovely, did everything go all right, you were longer than I expected.”

“Yeah, it was fine just travel you know.” Crowley rubbed at his nose with a small sniffle. “Anyway I should be going.”

“Oh no, I couldn’t let you leave in such dreadful weather.”

Crowley rolled his eyes. “Was already out in it, Angel,” he said, as he let the water drain off his hat.

“All the more reason to stay awhile I’ll put the kettle on.”

He went off to do just that as if the matter was settled and Crowley stared after him.  Then shivered and glanced out at the rain running down the shop windows.  Finally he shrugged out of his coat and hung it up on the rack with his hat.  Just one cup he decided it would keep him warm until he got home.

Two and a half cups of tea and a pastry later Crowley was sprawled on the couch the plush cushions easing the muscle aches, Beethoven warbling out of the gramophone trying to tempt him into a much needed nap.

Or at least it would be if it wasn’t for the nagging tickle buzzing around in his nose.

He rubbed at it hard, not caring how red that might make it, because between his glasses and the low lights Aziraphale hadn’t noticed his poor health and Crowley was determined to keep it that way.  

“And you know I read the most ridiculous article…Crowley?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you even listening to me?” Aziraphale asked as the demon across from him seemed to be in a world of his own.  

Crowley opened his mouth to give any kind of excuse, but the sudden distraction was too much.  He breathed in sharply, barely managing to bring his hands up to cover the explosion.

huhh’ERSHHHUUuh!

The sneeze, magnified after being held back, bent him in half and sent his glasses flying off into the unknown.   Or at least with the tears in his eyes he didn’t see them right away.

When he could see properly again he saw with dismay that Aziraphale now held them and was taking in his full features, and judging by his furrowed brows Crowley knew he must look awful.

“Crowley…”

“Umm…”

Aziraphale came over and sat down next to him cupping his face, running his thumb gently over his flushed cheek and tutting over the dark circles under his eyes.

“Why ever did you not say something?”

“Didn’t want to bother you I mean this is supposed to be business you know right?”

Aziraphale looked stricken. “No, no I never meant it to be.  I mean it wasn’t very important, but I thought I hoped-oh…” he trailed off as he noticed Crowley’s nose twitch and his still slightly damp eyelashes start fluttering.

“Sorry, once I s-start I-heh-heh-I can’t stop.”

One finger pressed hard under his nose, trying to hold back again as his other hand patted his pockets searching for his handkerchief.

Hehh…heh-heh-

“Oh, please take mine.”

Crowley half managed a nod in thanks as he smothered his nose into it just in time.

EHH’ASSHuhh! ESHh! ESShh! Huh-huh’ERSHHuh!  Ehh-Oh Satan-ehhh…heh-hahhh-ESSHHUUuh!

He groaned and let out a few coughs as the fit finally ceased.

“I’m sorry I never should have sent you out, Crowley.”

“It’s all right I knew I was coming down with something before I left and you know the tea was helping.”

Aziraphale refilled his cup, making sure to add extra honey, and then brought the cup gently to Crowley’s lips.  Crowley knew he really should protest such fussing, but the couch was still soft and even warmer now that Aziraphale was practically curled around him.  

“Would it be all right if I stayed a bit longer?” he asked, stifling a yawn and feeling his eye lids growing heavy.

“Of course, my dear.”

• 1 month later...

Scotland didn't quite agree with poor Aziraphale. 

Prompt: Stifle

“Nice dress, Aziraphale, suits you.”

“Yes, thank you,” he said shortly and took a seat beside the demon.

While he quite enjoyed the tartan style of the Scottish Highlands Aziraphale was more than ready to put the clans of MacLeod and Macdonald behind him along with the sea of wildflowers that had surrounded them.  Having spooked his horse into running off with all his sneezing had been embarrassing enough without having to explain all that to Crowley.  He was just going to enjoy the play and do his best to not lose the coin toss next time.

Unfortunately his nose seemed to have other plans.

“To be or not to be.”

To be the itch decided as it flared up without warning causing his breath to catch and his eyelashes to flutter.  He pressed his finger firmly under his nose to hold it back, but that just seemed to drive the lingering bits of pollen deeper into his sinuses.

“oh-hehh…oh, dear.”

“Something wrong, Angel?”

“Just a b-ihh-bit of a tickle I’m afraid,” he answered, as a second finger joined the first and rubbed hard trying to keep his twitching, flaring, nostrils at bay.

“Then just sneeze before you hurt yourself.”

“I c-can’t I’ll huh-ihh-ihhh…I’ll disturb the performance.”  If he could just delay until the soliloquy was over the scene change would be loud enough to cover it he was sure.

Crowley rolled his eyes. “Aziraphale, there’s not even twelve people here no one will care.”

His response fell on deaf ears as the angel’s own eyes were tightly shut, lips parted in anticipation as his nose continued to twitch.  Crowley sighed and discreetly passed over a handkerchief.   

hih’itch! TCHu! Huh’ISHtchu! 

“Salud.”

“Thank you,” Aziraphale said, giving his nose a hearty blow.

“Wasn’t so bad was it?”

“I suppose not I can’t believe no one heard me.”

Crowley smirked. “Miraculous really.”

“Speaking of miracles I thought you were going to get more people to see Hamlet.”

“They’re having another performance next Friday thought I’d do it then.  I didn’t want to be too early in case you were late getting back.”

Aziraphale blushed.  It was quite thoughtful of Crowley. “Well then thank you again.”

He turned his attention back to the performance, but gripped the handkerchief tightly just in case.  His nose still felt a bit sensitive.

So it really shouldn’t have some as a surprise when a not even an hour later the tickle was building again.

Hihh-ahh…

“All right, Angel?”

“Yes, just all-snf-all the wildflowers up north and you know my hay-heh-hay-hihh-hayfever ihhh-ISSHh! ISSHUuh! Heh-heh’ISSHIew!

“Yeah, I do and it doesn’t usually stick around so long after all that pesky pollen has left.”  

He frowned as Aziraphale kept the handkerchief against his nose and sniffled thickly.

“You sure you’re all right?”

Aziraphale sighed as he lowered the cloth, his nose still undeniably stuffy in a way he knew it shouldn’t be.

“Well perhaps I am a bit…off.”

“Perfect excuse to leave early then,” Crowley said, looping his arm through Aziraphale’s and practically dragging him out of the theatre.

“Crowley, really that was unspeakably rude.”

“Like I said no one cares and besides I want you healthy for the proper performance, what do you say to recovery at my place?”

“Well I…I wouldn’t wish to impose.”

“Nonsense, think of it as repayment for Scotland it can be an expansion of The Arrangement.”

“Well I suppose that would be all right then.”

Crowley smiled and tightening his arm just a little around the angel’s they headed down the street.

Prompt: Muffled

The only downside to caring for his angel Crowley decided was that the close proximity often led to him contracting the illness as well.  In the days before the end of days that wasn’t this normally meant squirreling himself away in bed until it passed alone and miserable.  Ignoring the fact that Crowley did allow himself some comforts while doing that, in fact he’d picked up a wonderful recipe for chicken soup over the years, because it earns him more sympathy points. 

This time though the bed wasn’t his and he wasn’t alone in it.  Aziraphale was asleep beside him, the first really sound sleep he’d had in the last few days and Crowley wasn’t about to ruin it.  So as he felt the congestion slowly building Crowley resigned himself to glaring at the ceiling and shivering at bit as Aziraphale pulled the blanket tighter around himself and pulled more of it away from him in the process.       

Still at least he didn’t have to-

Ehh…

Oh damn he spoke too soon.

He scrunched up his nose trying to rid himself of the tickle while moving as little as possible.  Not surprisingly it had little effect, and when rubbing his nose only prodded the tickle onward Crowley desperately looked for something to stifle with as Aziraphale pulled more of the blanket away. 

Ehhh…heh-heh-”

Pressing a finger under his nose to hold it off just a bit longer he turned over, pressing his face into his pillow.

huh’MMFFshh! MMPSHHh! Heh-ehhh-EEHSMMPSHh!

Crowley lay there as still as he could, and thankfully his angel slept peacefully on.  Crowley grunted in disgust and moved to a spot on his pillow that was less…damp.  Then he went back to staring at the darkness and waited for morning.

Aziraphale smiled and stretched as the early light of dawn filtered in the bookshop windows.  He sat up and breathed in deeply.  Enjoy the feeling of being able to breathe through both nostrils again.  He knew he wasn’t one hundred percent tip top just yet, but ninety percent for certain.

And he owed so much of it to Crowley being so attentive.  Perhaps he could take him out to lunch as a thank you.

hh’gnxtCHU! Ihh’gnxxtTCH!

“Crowley?”

He turned around as the demon rolled over and sat up.  He whole being seemed to sag with exhaustion and what little white was visible in his eyes was completely blood shot.

“Oh, dear.”

“Sorry, didn’t hear you get up,” Crowley said, he voice congested and raspy.

In an instant Aziraphale’s hand was on his forehead and he tutted at the heat he felt there.  Not even bothering to ask if he’d given Crowley his cold.  The evidence was plain enough to see.

“Oh, Crowley, have you really been lying there feeling wretched all night?”

“No!  I mean not snf! not all night.”

Aziraphale sighed. “Just most of it.”

“You needed the rest, Angel, and clearly it helped.”

“Yes, well…why don’t I put on the tea and heat up the rest of that soup you made then we can both rest hmm?  Wouldn’t do to relapse after all.”

Crowley didn’t even mange a nod before his nostrils were flaring and he was aiming his head downward, too exhausted to attempt to hold anything back anymore.

huh’ASSHHuh! ESSUHhh! S-sorry ehh-ehhh’EASHUHhh!

“Gesundheit,” Aziraphale replied, getting the tissues that had been on his side of the bed and putting them within easy reach for Crowley.  Then he tucked the covers up tightly and warmed the blanket too for good measure.

“I’ll be right back,” he said as he leaned over and kissed his forehead.

“You’re gonna burn your lips doing that.”

Aziraphale just smiled and went off to the kitchen.

Meanwhile Crowley buried himself in the warmth that now surrounded him and waited for his angel to return.   After all he didn’t have to worry about him catching it back.

Edited by Fuzzy&Warm

Bless them. :wub: So adorable. I love how you've captured them both being so lovely to each other.

• 2 months later...

Prompt: Quarrel

They had fought.  Over what Aziraphale couldn’t quite recall now, but their parting words were crystal clear.

“Well perhaps I’ll just take myself to Tadfield!”

“Well why don’t you just do that!”

The bookshop door had slammed the Bentley had roared off and then all had gone quiet.  

Too quiet.  While arguments between them could be heated reconciliations were typically swift, especially as immortal beings went.  This time though the phone didn’t ring and the familiar notes of Queen never came back down the street.  As the days went by Aziraphale went out to Saint James Park and their other usual haunts in hopes of seeing Crowley, but he didn’t.

So by Saturday he wasn’t surprised to see the parking space in front of the bookshop empty, but it still hurt.  Still he gathered himself up from his disappointment and prepared to take himself to Tadfield as he said he would.  Not wanting to hurt Crowley further though if he was simply late he left a note just in case.  

Gone to Tadfield by bus hope to see you there.

Love Aziraphale

The gathering at Tadfield was anything, but quiet.  That should have put Aziraphale in a better mood, and it did for a while as he caught up with everyone and helped himself to the picnic lunch that was graciously set out.

But Crowley never came.

The others thankfully didn’t mention his absence, but it was all Aziraphale could think about.  As the ride back to London the seat beside him was empty and upon reaching the bookshop he saw that the note was untouched.

He called as he’d done for a good two days now, but this time he didn’t even get to hear Crowley’s voice in the usual message just a mechanical announcement that the mail box was full.  Trying his cell phone got him a shrill answer that the customer could not be reached.

Well it was clearly time to deal with this properly and so resolved Aziraphale went to his flat.

“Crowley?”

No answer, Aziraphale nervously twisted the peace offering he’d brought with him in his hands before knocking again.

“Crowley, are you there?  It’s me.”

The door remained closed but he thought he heard shuffling behind it and so went ahead.

“I’m sorry about what happened between us.  I know I should have come earlier, but…well you know how we are.  But, but you didn’t come today and I never meant for this to get in the way of you and the others.  I don’t want you to feel that you can’t take part in things just because of something we’re going through-”

He was cut off as the door finally opened and it was a pitiful sight that greeted him.

“fraid I couldn’t make it, Angel.”

Crowley was huddled in a house coat, the garment seeming to swallow up his pale features and accentuate the dusting of red across his cheeks and nose. His usually well-kept hair was nothing short of bird’s nest and his trademark sunglasses were missing, leaving his tired glassy eyes fully exposed.  

“Oh, dear.”

“Been a b-bit snf! Bit under the weather.”

His voice was congested and hoarse and as Aziraphale stepped inside his nose gave a deviant twitch and he scrubbed at it.

“Crowley, you look…”

“Awful I know I’m-”

Before he could continue the battle he’d been fighting with his nose was lost and he pulled the collar of his shirt over it as his face took on a look of distinct sneezy desperation.

huh’hixgthch! Ehh’ETCHShuh! EESSHhuh!

He sniffled thickly and made his way over to the living room couch that was serving as his den of misery.  Grabbing a roll of paper towels he tore some off to blow his nose.

When he looked up again it was to Aziraphale’s questioning gaze.

“Ran out of tissues two…three? Days ago maybe I…IHHH’AASSHUhuh!

The monstrous sneeze caught him off guard, only getting partially caught in the wad of paper towel and bending him in half.  Lacking the energy to stand up right again Crowley simply collapsed on the couch and didn’t argue when Aziraphale joined him.

“Couldn’t you simply have…?” he motioned to snap his fingers and Crowley shook his head.

“M’powers have been on the fritz since this started.”

“Oh, you poor dear, why ever didn’t you call?”

Crowley picked up his cell phone off the table and showed Aziraphale the blank screen.

“Phone’s dead,” he declared. “Don’t know where I put the charger if I ever had one and my desk just seemed so far away.” He let the phone drop and leaned his head back on the couch.  “Besides I didn’t want to bother you.”

Aziraphale gently slid his arm around Crowley’s shoulders.

“You’re never a bother, Crowley.”

“Not even when I yell at you on the sidewalk and disturb your neighbours?”

“That makes you are arse, my dear, there’s a difference.”

“Take you word for it, Angel,” he said, as he turned to cuddle into the embrace.

Aziraphale eagerly pulled him closer and smiled when Crowley went boneless against him clearly exhausted.  Aziraphale was content to act as a make shift pillow until Crowley squirmed, rubbing his nose against his shoulder.

“Sorry, it always ti-heh-tickles ehh’EESHhh! ASSHh! huh-huh’ERSHUuuh! Uhh-hehh…AESSAHUuhh!

Crowley blushed in embarrassment, but Aziraphale merely handed over his handkerchief.

“Thanks.” He pressed the cloth to his irritated nose for a tired blow.

“Perhaps we should get you somewhere more comfortable hmm?”

“Not gonna find much.  I managed to turn my bedroom into a swamp on the first day trying to get water, should have concentrated more on putting it in a glass.”

Aziraphale chuckled before taking him by the arm and gently coaxing him there anyway.

With a quick snap of the angel’s fingers the room was dry and the bed sheets fluffy and warm.  There were also fresh tartan pajamas that Crowley rolled his eyes at, but accepted anyway.

As he tucked the demon into bed Aziraphale made sure the bedside table had one tall glass of cold water and a hot cup of tea for whichever was desired along with tissues and a stack of handkerchiefs.

“Don’t need to fuss, Angel.” Crowley mumbled, his eyes already sliding closed.

“No, but I do like to,” he answered running his fingers through Crowley’s hair and pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. “I’ll let you rest and water the plants shall I?”

Crowley cracked one eye back open.

“Don’t coddle them.”

“Of course not, dear,” Aziraphale said as he headed towards the door and turned out the light.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Prompt: Blanket

The sharp night winds howled around the cottage and Crowley shivered as he watched the trees bend and sway in their mists.  Aziraphale noticed and snapped a blanket onto the back of the couch for him.  Crowley gave a dismissive sniffle at it.

“Tartan really?”

“Unless you have something better.”

Crowley smirked headed off to one of the cottage’s endless closets.

Aziraphale sighed and went back to finishing their drinks.  He had just set them out on a tray and was walking towards the couch when his nose prickled with the unmistakable beginnings of a sneeze.

Heh-oh, oh dear ihhh…

Thankfully Crowley returned just in time and dutifully pressed a finger under his nose.

“Can’t have you ruining all your hard work, Angel.”

He kept his finger pressed there as Aziraphale’s breaths came in short hitchy gasps and rubbed gently, but firmly until the twitching stopped and the angel breathed a sigh of relief.

“Thank you, my dear.”  

They sat down and Aziraphale noticed the intricately crocheted blanket on his arm.

“Did you make that?”

“Yeah, with the ladies guild up in Yorkshire.“

“It’s quite l-lovely ihh’ISSHhh! Hihh-IESHieww!

As Aziraphale fished around for his handkerchief Crowley draped the blanket around his shoulders.

“Warm too.”

“Indeed,” Aziraphale said pulling it tightly around himself and Crowley with it.  Crowley sighed in contentment, but then grabbed the tartan blanket and wrapped that around himself too.

“Can never be too warm,” he said.

“Of course not,” Aziraphale answered, picking up their drinks and passing one over.

Crowley accepted his and sipped slowly, letting the warmth and spices coat his sore throat.

“S’nice.”

“Thank you.”

Being so close Aziraphale eventually felt rather than heard Crowley’s breath give a distinctive hitch.  Rather than letting him struggle to untangle his hands from the nest of blankets he got his handkerchief out and gently covered for him.

“I believe it’s only fair I should return the favour.”

“Thank-huhh-thank you ESSHh! AEISSHhh! Hehh-ehh-ehh-IESHUUhhh!

He held it there as Crowley blew his nose and then miracled their drinks full again.

Prompt: Waiting

Crowley woke up late.  It wasn’t something that would normally be a cause for concern, but he hadn’t meant to sleep, never mind sleep in.  He and Aziraphale had been reading the night before and he had wanted to see him off in the morning as the angel had a meeting with the Diogenes Club in London.  Instead their cottage was empty, and their books were on the bedside table, along with a note wishing Crowley a good day.

Knowing there was nothing for it now Crowley got up and began to look for something else to occupy himself with.  He found it, though it wasn’t what he had in mind; the slight pressure in his chest, the nagging tightness as he swallowed, the dilated pupils, and dark smudges under his eyes even though he’d over slept, stared back at him in the mirror.   And it all told him that it was not going to be a good day, probably not even a good week.  Still since it was coming on slowly at least it gave him time to prepare.

Crowley glanced out the window and noted that the light autumn rains would take care of the garden and there weren’t many others things to worry about, miracles for cleaning and all that.  Still he put out extra blankets and a stack of some of Aziraphale’s favourite books.  He made sure there was enough wood for the fireplace and that the gramophone had something to play besides Queen.  Satisfied that the bedroom was ready he went to the kitchen and set about making soup.

He took his time, dicing everything small and even.  Making sure the broth had extra flavour.  Pausing occasionally to sniffle and press his wrist to his nose as it grew itchy and irritated as the afternoon slipped away.

He left the soup simmering and went back to the bedroom looking for one of Aziraphale’s handkerchiefs as he’d grown a liking to them.  Crowley knew Aziraphale wouldn’t mind him borrowing some except he also knew Aziraphale had specific ones that he collected and weren’t meant for use, and as his illness started to make his brain foggy Crowley couldn’t quite remember which were which.

Crowley picked up his phone to call and ask, but then thought better of it.  If he asked Aziraphale would know he was sick and then he’d worry that’s how his angel worked.   Crowley knew he had been looking forward to this and he didn’t want to spoil that.  So he settled for a conjured box of regular tissues and one of Aziraphale’s thick sweaters instead.

It was late or more accurately Aziraphale was late.  Crowley went down the lane to check for him, paranoid demon that he was, rather than simply calling because thinking things through was not one of Crowley’s strong points.  He had returned damp, chilled, and still angel-less for his troubles.  

Thus, despite all preparations Crowley was a weak, feverish, huddled lump on the couch when Aziraphale finally came in.

“Sorry, I’m late.”

“S’all right, Angel.” Crowley said, mostly to his lap, contemplating his empty mug of tea that was still warm enough to hold, but wondering if he could work up the energy to refill it.

Aziraphale stopped and looked at him in confusion, not expecting such an odd welcome.

“Crowley?”

He unfolded himself from the couch and Aziraphale took in the glassy look of his eyes, the red tint at the tip of his nose.  The oversized mug and his borrowed sweater, things Crowley looked to when he needed comfort and Aziraphale understood.  He was ill.

“Oh, my dear, you should have called.”

He opened his arms wide and Crowley all, but fell into the embrace.  Yes this is what he had been waiting for.  The constant warmth, the soft curves, Aziraphale’s protective nature Crowley wrapped himself around him tightly to savour it all.

“Felt better earlier and I knew how much you were looking forward to today and I didn’t-hehh’ESSHhhu!

Caught completely off guard Crowley did little more than muffle the release against Aziraphale’s neck, spraying him rather generously in the process.  He didn’t even get a chance to apologize as the itch that had plagued him all afternoon had suddenly evolved into relentless teasing tickle.  As if the harsh sneeze had tipped the scales and given his body permission to be properly ill.

“I-ihhh I’m gonna sneehhASSHHh! ESHHh! ESHhhu! Huhh-EASHHhuhh!

“Salud.”

Aziraphale pulled out his handkerchief and a sheepish Crowley pressed it to his dripping nose.

“Sorry, just seemed to come up all at o-once-huh’ESHhuhh!

“It’s all right let’s just get you to bed hmm?”

He slipped arm around Crowley’s waist as they walked back to the bedroom only to stop short in the doorway as he saw the books and other items that had been set out for them.

“You prepared.”

“Yeah, figured we’d be laid up a while and I wanted to make it a bit easier.  If-if you want to I mean.”

“Of course.” he answered, giving him a gentle squeeze.

With a quick snap they were both in warm pyjamas, Crowley practically gluing himself to Aziraphale’s side for extra warmth.  Aziraphale merely smiled at his antics then picking up Crowley’s book from the night before he began to read aloud as they settled in.