• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• Cutelittlenose

• Esstrosa

• Bondi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stardew Valley, for hours and hours, i might just need to write some sneezefic about sebastion and elliott (my two husbandos :3)

(might make them furry, who really knows?) 

21 hours ago, lunarcat42 said:

Stardew Valley, for hours and hours, i might just need to write some sneezefic about sebastion and elliott (my two husbandos :3)

(might make them furry, who really knows?) 

I'd be fine with sebby can you also do Alex and sam

On 19/03/2017 at 9:18 PM, Cutelittlenose said:

Harvest Moon 64 (Wii U Virtual Console)

I can't see this without thinking of the country song on the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack which goes:

"Maybe change is coming soon....

With the harvest mooooon..."

:)

On 3/25/2017 at 8:14 AM, Heathcliff said:

I can't see this without thinking of the country song on the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack which goes:

"Maybe change is coming soon....

With the harvest mooooon..."

:)

Sorry... Heh heh.

Been playing:

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Harvest Moon) (like a mad man, already married in-game)

Pokemon Sun (Swap breeding)

Paper Mario (the nostalgia)

I'm playing the new Zelda and Nier: Automata, both are great so far. Zelda was a total surprise for me, I'm glad they didn't go with the old formula. I'm also interested in Persona 5.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't actually play it myself, but I just got completely, unexpectedly sucked into a Let's Play of What Remains of Edith Finch, and I thought it was going to be a laid-back, explore-a-recently-empty-house, first person narrative very similar to Gone Home, but it turned out to be... THAT, plus A LOT MORE, plus a lot of emotional turmoil that I wasn't prepared for! I really don't want to say too much about it, because piecing the narrative together as you go is the whole point, but it was just so mechanically innovative at some points that it really got me re-excited about the possibilities of video games as a storytelling medium. Like, it's pretty much a short story anthology in video game form. Sometimes playful and cartoonish, almost always with an undercurrent of melancholy. I did have a few gripes, but all-in-all I was really blown away and I'd highly, highly recommend it if you're into entirely story-based games and sad, whimsical shit. :lol: 

I'm playing Mass Effect Andromeda. It's not as good as the original Mass Effect trilogy but on its own it's all right.

Bouncing between Overwatch, Fallout 4, and Elder Scrolls Online. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just got done playing Doom 2016. It's really, really good. :D

I've been really into Mario Kart Wii. For some reason I am AWFUL at Mario Kart on the Game Cube so after too many defeats I'm just sticking to the Wii lol. Once I get my hands on the Nintendo Switch here soon, I hope to be all over the new Mario Kart and Arms.

• 4 weeks later...

Flight Simulator X on steam.  I've been flying an old DC-3 around the world 500 miles at a hop in real time.  And no I didn't turn on the GPS because 1930's airliners didn't have them.  So far i have made it from New York to Paris by way of Canada, Greenland, Iceland, and England.  I thinkk it took me 23 hours or so.  Next leg....Athens!

Recently completed:

Emily is Away (Steam/PC)

I've been playing:

1. Magikarp Jump ((Pokemon)) ((IOS/IPad/Android, something like that))
  2. Pokemon Sun (3DS)
  3. 100 Classic Books (DS) (Been reading Oliver Twist, by the way) (really, this is just an e-reader)
  4. Pokemon super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
  5. Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (3DS Virtual Console/GBC)
  6. Higurashi When they Cry/ Higurashi no naku koro ni Chapter 1 Onikakushi hen (Demoned Away Chapter) (Steam/PC)
  • 3 weeks later...

I make no apologies to having a slight addiction to sim games so I've been playing Elvenar since you can make cities with Elves!

Recently completed:

Higurashi When they Cry/ Higurashi no naku koro ni Chapter 2 Watanagashi  hen (Cotton Drifting Arc) (Steam/PC)

Currently Playing:

1. Magikarp Jump ((Pokemon)) ((IOS/IPad/Android, something like that))
  2. Pokemon Sun (3DS)
  3. Pokemon super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
  4. Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (3DS Virtual Console/GBC)
  5. Higurashi When they Cry/ Higurashi no naku koro ni Chapter 3 Tatarigoroshi hen (Curse-Killing Chapter) (Steam/PC)
  6. Gaokao.Love.100 Days ((Steam/PC) (Gaokao is the national entrance exam of China.)
  7. Clannad HD (Steam/PC)
  8. Hatoful Boyfriend ((The dating sim with...pigeons)) (Steam/PC)

Watch Dogs (This game is epic!) and Deadpool.

Ark: survival evolved - I may have a slightly unhealthy love for that game, and dragon age. 

• 2 weeks later...

Stardew Valley. So much Stardew Valley.

Though not as much as I was when me and my flatmate were both playing it whilst living in the same flat together. We played it too much and she woke up at 6 am shouting about how she needed to water her melons and I accidentally called her by the name of my in-game wife more than once.

And yet I still play it far too much. :rofl:

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, Demon327 said:

Flight Simulator X on steam.  I've been flying an old DC-3 around the world 500 miles at a hop in real time.  And no I didn't turn on the GPS because 1930's airliners didn't have them.  So far i have made it from New York to Paris by way of Canada, Greenland, Iceland, and England.  I thinkk it took me 23 hours or so.  Next leg....Athens!

That sounds pretty cool.  Haven't played a flight sim in years but I just ordered an Oculus Rift because of an awesome deal they've got going.  Seems like a match made in heaven, I may give that a shot.

Ugh.  Mass Effect Andromeda.  Don't even get me started on that.  Mass Effect is my favorite game / series of all time, and I go back to the very beginning.  SO wanted Andromeda to be good.  And it might have been if they hadn't insisted on making it a Mass Effect game. 

- Why do I travel to a whole different galaxy and meet fewer new, interesting alien races there than can be found on the ship that brought me?

- Why can I flirt with just about EVERYONE regardless of race, species, and gender except the one pretty girl with the hot Scottish accent sitting right on my bridge?  (Spoiler alert:  she's strictly lesbian and I'm cool with that but hey... why don't I even get the option to try?  I'm okay with a nice "look Ryder, here's how it is" conversation.

- Lots of quests ought to be good.  But when I start losing track of what I'm doing and why I'm doing it and start looking at the map and saying "well, I may as well try to knock these all out while I'm here" I'm not being immersed.

- The Kett.  The Geth.  Could you MAYBE make the primary enemy's name just a LITTLE bit different than the first game?  Never mind that they're just a blatant Borg ripoff.  Such a letdown after how amazingly original the Reapers were.

-     Crafting in a game is great when there's a reason for it.

I gave it a fair shake.  And then, with quite a bit of time put in, I just decided that I really couldn't care less what happened to those people and walked away :)

Right now playing career mode NHL 17 as a defenseman in the youth leagues, waiting to see what NHL team is going to draft me.  Those career modes in sports games are a weird kind of rare that rubs both my role playing geek side AND my sports fan side.

Edited by SmokeyGhost

I played all the way through Mass Effect Andromeda and I probably liked it a little bit more than you, but yeah, it had a lot of problems.

I really liked that earlier sidequest where you have to find out if a guy actually killed his friend, and as it turned out, he tried to kill his friend and thought he did, but it was someone else's bullet that hit the friend, so now it's this huge moral dilemma about whether he should be exiled or not. Except attempted murder is still a crime. :rolleyes::lol:

Okay, so some of the other quests were genuinely good, and the main quest wasn't bad, but I really hated traveling around in that vehicle, I think it was called the Nomad or something, I don't know, it's been a few months since I played the game. But yeah, driving around that thing, navigating over the mountains, it was just a huge pain in the ass. I genuinely enjoyed the game a lot of the time when I wasn't doing that, but when I was, my enjoyment plummeted. I did everyone's loyalty mission except for Liam's, because Liam's would've required me to drive around in that thing, who knows how many hours? After beating the main quest, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I also hate how they didn't have any Quarians or Hanar in the game at all. Okay, I get the Hanar are meant as a joke race, and they weren't in that much of the original trilogy, but we can still have them in a little bit, right? And how about the Elcor? They were cool, too. :cry:

I guess the Angara were okay, but yeah, not as interesting as the other races.

Overall, yeah, I agree this game was a huge step down from the original trilogy, but to be fair, the original trilogy was a tough act to follow. :)

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, Bondi said:

I played all the way through Mass Effect Andromeda and I probably liked it a little bit more than you, but yeah, it had a lot of problems.

I really liked that earlier sidequest where you have to find out if a guy actually killed his friend, and as it turned out, he tried to kill his friend and thought he did, but it was someone else's bullet that hit the friend, so now it's this huge moral dilemma about whether he should be exiled or not. Except attempted murder is still a crime. :rolleyes::lol:

Okay, so some of the other quests were genuinely good, and the main quest wasn't bad, but I really hated traveling around in that vehicle, I think it was called the Nomad or something, I don't know, it's been a few months since I played the game. But yeah, driving around that thing, navigating over the mountains, it was just a huge pain in the ass. I genuinely enjoyed the game a lot of the time when I wasn't doing that, but when I was, my enjoyment plummeted. I did everyone's loyalty mission except for Liam's, because Liam's would've required me to drive around in that thing, who knows how many hours? After beating the main quest, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I also hate how they didn't have any Quarians or Hanar in the game at all. Okay, I get the Hanar are meant as a joke race, and they weren't in that much of the original trilogy, but we can still have them in a little bit, right? And how about the Elcor? They were cool, too. :cry:

I guess the Angara were okay, but yeah, not as interesting as the other races.

Overall, yeah, I agree this game was a huge step down from the original trilogy, but to be fair, the original trilogy was a tough act to follow. :)

Tali is probably my favorite character in any game, ever, so yeah, for me, the game had one strike against it by leaving out the Quarians.

Though really, I would rather have had them leave out more than fewer.  That's what got me about it, they tried to cram all the existing Mass Effect lore in there even though they were taking you to this whole different galaxy.  I think it would have been a better story and therefore better game if they had spent less time explaining who you were and where you came from and put more effort into making the place you were going new and wondrous.  I wanted the same sense of discovery I had from the original Mass Effect when I didn't know what a Turian or an Asari or an Elcor was.  Though the Mass Effect tie in undoubtedly benefitted marketing buzz, I think Bioware has enough of a reputation that they didn't need it and the story would have been stronger without it.  Kind of like setting a Star Wars story in a different galaxy from the one where Luke and Vader lived.  You could do it... but why would you?

It had high points.  I did like that murder quest you talked about.  And the idea that Liam's family put a classic car in a box and shot it toward Andromeda to arrive in a million years... that was kind of a cool idea.

Not playing it yet but enjoying watching all the tweets about Dream Daddy.

Portal 2.  The first one was fun and this one is also a blast to play

Minecraft: I have a couple of friends  I play with sometimes just to screw around 

Skyrim: I love this game.  I have kinda finished it though.  2 full playthroughs, then been messing around with mods.

I really want to play the new Mass Effect, but I also have a bunch of games I haven't gotten to yet.

Recently I've been playing Shantae and the pirate's curse, though I was playing project x zone 2, though I postponed finishing it as I've been playing rpgs with similar

mechanics for the past 5 ish games that I've played and fancied a change.