Sneeze Fetish Forum

Looking For Writing Ideas To Get Out Of A Slump

SleepingPhlox

I have a huge problem where I can't seem to write for myself any more.  I can seem to write stuff for other people but stuff for me just won't happen.

I also really need to escape into a fantasy world right now.  Like really badly.  And my well of creativity has not been this dry in a long time.

So, like, can anyone hook me up with some ideas?  I'm super into the world of Marvel with a focus on Tony Stark so ideas that will help me write that or general ideas that will fit with anything that I can make fit that.  I'm not technically taking requests because that doesn't solve my problem but if anyone had any requests with his character that might help me out!

I've tried Googling writing prompts but I specifically want to write something with illness and sneezing and all that Super good stuff.

Anyway dunno if anyone will be able or willing to help but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Can you write a story about Tony and Natasha getting sick? Maybe they're forced into quarantine together? I imagine that those dynamics would be fun to explore. Or maybe Tony gets sick before a big presentation? I also love sick on vacation stories. I could see Tony being super grumpy and all woe-is-me about getting sick on a cruise or island somewhere. 

9 minutes ago, AnonyMouse said:

Can you write a story about Tony and Natasha getting sick? Maybe they're forced into quarantine together? I imagine that those dynamics would be fun to explore. Or maybe Tony gets sick before a big presentation? I also love sick on vacation stories. I could see Tony being super grumpy and all woe-is-me about getting sick on a cruise or island somewhere. 

Holy crap that just helped a hell of a lot actually, my brain is starting to tick into gear, and also I love Natasha and wanted to figure out how to stick them both in a story together.  So cheers! :D 

Dunno if you have a tumblr but there are loads of pages just dedicated to prompt ideas I just followed several the other day, some are sickness related or just situational.

8 minutes ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

Dunno if you have a tumblr but there are loads of pages just dedicated to prompt ideas I just followed several the other day, some are sickness related or just situational.

I don't have a tumblr but I am very intrigued, do I have a way to find them via Google? :)

Yeah honestly just type in what you're looking for like "marvel writing prompts tumblr" and stuff will come up.  Tumblr has a TON of marvel/avenger related prompt pages. 

On a similar note to what Kaze suggested, you can check out these two sites. They're not precisely Marvel specific, but the prompts are definitely sick/sneezefic related, and maybe they'll jog your interest.

http://sfchallenges.tarotgal.net/

http://tg-sf-updates.livejournal.com/

(You'll have to poke around the second one a bit more; the easy link to just the prompts doesn't work anymore, alas)

Good luck! I know how it feels to have your creativity at a low ebb, so here's hoping you get your writing mojo back!

2 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Holy crap that just helped a hell of a lot actually, my brain is starting to tick into gear, and also I love Natasha and wanted to figure out how to stick them both in a story together.  So cheers! :D 

You're welcome! :) I'm looking forward to reading whatever you come up with!

On 19/1/2017 at 9:45 PM, Wig_Powder said:

On a similar note to what Kaze suggested, you can check out these two sites. They're not precisely Marvel specific, but the prompts are definitely sick/sneezefic related, and maybe they'll jog your interest.

http://sfchallenges.tarotgal.net/

http://tg-sf-updates.livejournal.com/

(You'll have to poke around the second one a bit more; the easy link to just the prompts doesn't work anymore, alas)

Good luck! I know how it feels to have your creativity at a low ebb, so here's hoping you get your writing mojo back!

Holy crap, what a goldmine!  Thank you for those, I'd never seen them before and...wow! :omg:

Archived