• tenderwarrior

• Subtly Clashing Wishes

• Leafeon78

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎24 at 0:20 AM, Leafeon78 said:

Nicely written such good stories.

Thank you! :D 

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎24 at 7:32 AM, tenderwarrior said:

These were so cute! I love when people are sensitive to cigarette smoke. Great job!! 

Thank you! Oh I agree, as much as I dislike smoking per say, it can also be used for fun stuff. :P 

I'm finally doing some writing again, and catching up on stuff I've slacked behind on, and also this... :lol: 

Fandom: semi-Criminal Minds…  :rolleyes:  
Prompt: Idiot
Note: I know, Mr Blake was only in one episode, but he did a great job of selling himself as an idiot in those few scenes so I go with it. :yay: 

“I brought you a gift,” James said. “Close your eyes and hold out your hands.”

“What are you up to?” Alex asked, sounding suspicious.

“Just humour me.”

“I don’t like it when you’re not communicating, you know that,” Alex sighed, but she did as he asked.

“If I tell you about a surprise in advance, it’s no longer a surprise,” James chuckled. “No peeking.”

“I’m not. Come on James, seriously, I’m not in the mood for games tonight.”

“Say hello to Mittens,” James said as he gently dropped the kitten into his wife’s hands. Alex opened her eyes and looked like she was waiting for the punchline of a joke she didn’t know where it was headed. James chuckled again.

“He’s yours, honey. Well, ours, but I got him so you don’t have to be alone in the house when I’m away. And before you say anything, I’ve checked with your co-worker, Garcia, and she’s willing to look after him when you’re away on cases.”

Alex held the kitten in her outstretched hands, making no move to hold it closer or pet it.

“You’re joking, right?” she asked in a tone as if she was just clarifying a fact. But James only looked confused.

“No…?”

She put the kitten back into his hands.

“You need to take him back wherever you got him from.”

“You don’t like him?”

“He’s adorable, and I’d love to have a kitten.”

“So what’s the problem?” James asked, stroking the kitten’s fur. Alex swore she could sense the dander and hair starting a reaction already.

“I’m allergic to cats, did you forget that?”

The thunderstruck expression on his face was all the confirmation she needed to know that yes, he had indeed forgotten.

“Oh shit, Alex I’m sorry! I can’t take him back tonight though.” James looked unhappy. “The pet store closed about an hour ago. Maybe if you call Garcia and ask if she could…”

“She’s not home tonight. Comic Con, whatever that is.”

“Oh.”

“I know I’m going to regret this, but take him inside, then. He can stay overnight, but no longer.”

James put the little furball down. Alex grabbed her coat and purse and headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” James asked.

“Drugstore. I’m going to need antihistamines and tissues.”

“I love you,” James called out after her.

“I love you too, idiot, but right now I’m mad as hell,” she replied, and only refrained from slamming the door as she left because she didn’t want to scare the cat.

James looked down at the kitten.

“Don’t worry buddy, she’s mad at me, not you.”

Even though the door was closed, he could hear Alex sneeze on her way to her car, a frantic, angry-sounding triple.

“And a little bit at herself for being allergic in the first place, I’d say.”

Fandom: Big Love
Prompt: Perfection
Note: I saw the sneeze scene itself play out in my head, but the conversation that followed was a bonus that warmed my heart. :heart: 

“And then you… Margie, are you listening?” Barb asked and turned around. Margene was frozen with her head tilted back, nostrils twitching, and both hands still in the bowl. Flour dusted her forearms and, by the look of it, had gotten right up her nose as well.

“Hehhh…”

Margene looked back and forth, but there were food items spread out everywhere, so she couldn’t turn any direction to aim her sneeze, and she was running out of time.

“Heeehhh…”

Barb sighed to herself, took a couple of tissues from the box on the counter, and got them up in front of the younger woman’s nose and mouth just as she snapped forward with one of her patented loud sneezes.

“HaaAARSSHHHhh!”

Barb kept the tissue against her sister wife’s face for a couple of seconds.

“Are you done?” she asked. Margene nodded.

“I got some flour up my nose,” she muttered as Barb tossed the tissue in the trash, washed her hands and went back to grating cheese.

“If you were a bit more careful, the flour would stay in the bowl. You handle that dough as if it just insulted you.”

“It’s no use Barb, I’m so bad at this whole wife thing!” Margene complained. “I do everything wrong.”

“Sweetie, look at me,” Barb said. Margene reluctantly did. “There is such a thing as trying too hard. I don’t know if you’re trying to be me or Nicki, but whichever it is, you don’t have to. You’re Margene. Your strongest side might not be cooking…”

“Or cleaning,” Margene said.

“… or cleaning,” Barb agreed, “but you can play with the kids completely on their terms, and I know Sarah likes to turn to you for advice that her ancient birth mother cannot possibly provide…”

Margene giggled as Barb shook her head.

“… so don’t be so afraid of making mistakes. That’s when you make them, because you’re so scared we’ll like you any less if you ask for help.”

“You’re right, Barb. Thank you.”

While Barb spoke, Margene had kept working the dough in the bowl. Now she looked down at it and found that it was perfect. Barb looked over her shoulder and smiled.

“I knew you’d get it right once you stopped thinking about getting it right. It's perfect, Margie."

Wonderful drabbles as usual. :) Your Big Love one was down right sweet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎12 at 3:30 AM, Leafeon78 said:

Aww these are brilliant good work as usual.

Thank you so much! :) 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎13 at 2:31 AM, tenderwarrior said:

These were so cute! Cat allergies are always fun. :)

Thank you! Always pretty on somebody else. :P:lol: 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎15 at 2:49 AM, Sanguine Cheerful Worrier said:

Wonderful drabbles as usual. :) Your Big Love one was down right sweet. 

Thank you, I'm so glad you liked it. I felt like a bit of sweetness there for a change. :lol::) 

So here are two new ones just to get my writing going again... been ridiculously stuck in my writing lately, so I'll scare out a few drabbles at least... ^_^ 

Prompt: Replacement
Fandom: Criminal Minds-ish
Note: A continuation of the “Idiot” drabble. :yay: 

Although James knew that he should keep his mouth shut and not further annoy his wife tonight, he couldn’t help himself when he found her sitting on the floor in the living room.

“You shouldn’t play with the cat if you’re allergic.”

“No, I shouldn’t,” she agreed and took a tissue from the almost empty box beside her. “But he shouldn’t be here to begin with. HeeIISSHHH! EeISSHHoo! Hehh…ISSSHH!”

She blinked tears out of her swollen eyes and sniffled. “Besides, I’m medicated.”

“Yeah,” James said slowly, “about that…”

“H-hang on… hhahhESSHHoo! HaktSSHHhew! Ugh.”

“… I don’t think those Zyrtec do much good.”

“I have no idea how you’d reach that conclusion,” Alex said and tapped her fingers against the floor, catching the kitten’s interest. She sniffled again. “I need to be prepared with meds in advance if I’m going to be around cats. Taking them after being exposed, well…that’s kind of like putting on sunscreen after being burnt. I can’t believe you never picked up on that.”

“I don’t think the subject has ever been up for discussion.”

“Well, I know it has. Maybe you just forgot to listen?” she suggested and blew her nose. “It wouldn’t be the first time.”

“I get it Alex, you’re angry. I’m sorry.”

He was quiet for a moment, then joked, attempting to lighten the mood:

“I guess at least I know I won’t be replaced by a cat.”

Alex, who was suffering a bit too much to fully forgive yet, glared at him. The kitten bumped its head affectionately against her knee while she raised both hands up to her face again.

“Don’t be too sure about thaaatSSHHew!”

Prompt: Loan
Fandom: Original              
Note: Allergic house owner wants to rebuild the garden and remove all flowers and grass… her mother-in-law disagrees heavily. ^^

“This garden is to die for!” Mary chirped, more delighted than Jacki had ever seen her mother-in-law before, at least in connection to anything Jacki was a part of. “I particularly love the jasmine vine here, and the goldenrod right over there by the table, it must look stunning on summer evenings…”

“Um… yeah, it’s pretty,” Jacki agreed. “But I was actually planning on turning it into more of a gravel type of garden…”

Mary’s face fell, now expressing shock and something akin to horror.

“But… but… that may work wonderfully in places like Arizona or Nevada, but here, on the East Coast dear, it would… as soon as it rains it would turn into a mudhole.”

“Yeah, I know that might not be your pick as most visually pleasing garden, but…” Jacki began, but was interrupted.

“You simply must have daisies over here! My goodness, this is the perfect spot for daisies!”

“I didn’t plan on having any flowers,” Jacki said.

“Well, it may be that women nowadays consider their careers more important than their home, and perhaps I’m just an old-fashioned old croon in your eyes, but I really don’t understand why your generation is so against a traditional garden.”

My generation? Jacki thought. Her latest birthday had pushed her from ‘mid-forties’ to ‘late forties’, but Mary made it sound like she was fresh out of college and chasing down a fat job offer. She tried her hardest not to roll her eyes.

“There is nothing wrong with a traditional garden,” she said, taking great care to sound patient. “The problem is that I’m allergic to everything in a traditional garden.”

“Oh, pish-tush, once again with the allergy excuse!” Mary said and waved it off. “I’ve never seen any sign of those alleged ‘allergies’. It always comes up whenever there’s something you don’t want to do. Have a lovely garden. Come with us to the race tracks – and we do own a champion, you know –“

“I know,” Jacki sighed.

“You never volunteer to looking after our dog when we’re on vacation…”

“I’m sorry that’s what you think,” Jacki said, but she was losing her patience. “It’s not something I have any say over, I don’t make the rules. I’d love to have flowers, I just can’t.”

“Bobby’s first wife had such a lovely garden,” Mary recalled. “Oh, it was an Eden on Earth, for sure. It was a lot of hard work, but she was always willing to go the extra mile.”

“Yes, I’ve heard she was very big on keeping up appearances,” Jacki clipped and refused to admit that she found the shocked and hurt look on Mary’s face deeply satisfying. “Look, I will have the garden remodelled and that’s not out of spite, it’s simply because all these things are…”

Her husband’s car pulled into the driveway and Mary turned to greet him.

“…an allergy attack waiting to happen,” Jacki finished, realising she was speaking to herself. She gave the greenery in their new house’s garden a bleary-eyed look and sniffled thickly. That set off the irritating, teasing nasal tickle that had tormented her all day.

“HeeepTSHHkk!”

Yeah, the allergy attack was still in the cards.

Ugh, she needed definitively that loan so she could build a very nice, very plant free garden.

“We got the loan,” Bobby said. “Mother disapproves of course, but…

“I love you, Bobby,” Jacki replied without answering to his remarks about his mother. “HeiiiiSSHHHihh! Can we go inside now?”

Bobby grinned.

“Of course, my dear.”

These were so good, Chanel! Cat allergies always make me swoon and the stereotypical bad blood between a woman and her mother-in-law makes a good story. Thank you so much for these!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys!! :heart: 

Prompt: Sinner
Fandom: American Horror Story: Asylum
Note: So I’ve binged the first two seasons of AHS. I still haven’t really decided if I like it or not, but I clearly liked it well enough to write a drabble. :rolleyes: So here goes nothing.

”Miss Winters, you could at least have washed off that sinful perfume before coming in here,” Sister Jude said. The reporter rolled her eyes behind the nun’s back, confident she wouldn’t notice.

“And don’t you roll your eyes at me, my dear,” Sister Jude continued without looking at her. “What, you don’t think I’m familiar with even the most discreet expressions of aversion?” She swept out with one arm in a gesture as she went on; “Take one good look at what I’m surrounded by, if I didn’t have eyes in every direction I would probably have been killed ten times over. Nothing takes me by surprise.”

Except perhaps just how much that vulgar perfume made her want to sneeze.

”HehETSSHhuh!”

There was no way she could have held it back, the perfume that the ambitious young reporter wore was far too intrusive, tormenting her with its sickly-sweet fragrance. She felt more sneezes lining up, and was too busy fighting them back to even acknowledge Lana Winters blessing her. A sinner blessing a nun, it was quite ironic, and it only served to further infuriate the lady in charge here.

Sister Jude wouldn’t know how much of the events that happened later that came from that moment of embarrassment and her need to punish the woman who brought this upon her… but it most certainly played a part.

Sailing - Soooo sneezing quietly and away from people to avoid waking them up is one of my favorite sneeze tropes. And you did a great job with it!

Eventually - I really sympathize with Blake - in the middle in the back seat is the worst place to sit, especially when there's people on either side of you. I imagine it's even worse if you have to sneeze. I love how sneeze and caring JJ is. One of the few charming aspects of an otherwise grisly show is the team's genuine concern for one another.

Hair - It was just awesome, there's really nothing more to say. Hairspray and strong scents in general as a trigger = :drool:

Snow - JJ's turn! :D I love the "maybe-maybe not" sneeze!

This most recent one is wonderful, and not just because I looooove AHS and would love to see you do more! I love Chloe's character and anyone Sarah Paulson plays. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys!! I love you! :D Here are the latest additions... One CM and one original. 

Prompt: Graveyard Shift
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Note: Halloween approaching and I managed to write a drabble out of a sort-of pun! *high fives self* :D

“I hate stakeouts,” Blake announced. “Why do we think the unsub would dump the body here? It’s smack dab in the middle of town.”

“Well, it is the only graveyard,” JJ said. “And Halloween does seem to have significance for him.”

“It’s a long shot, though. I mean, graveyards and Halloween, this place is going to be crowded. He’d have to be very brazen to dump a body here, and we know he’s careful.”

She sniffled and rubbed her chapped, red nose.

“Is that cold getting any better?” JJ asked.

“No,” Blake clipped right before her head bobbed forward with a sneeze. The Kleenex chosen to catch the spray was in dire need of replacing, but she only had a couple left and there was no telling how long she’d be stuck here. “Frankly, if it gets any worse, you could just dump me right here.”

JJ huffed a little in response and sipped her coffee.

“I think I’m coming down with the same thing,” she said.

“Sorry about that,” Blake said.

“Considering how many times I’ve been the one getting the entire team sick, we’re not even close to being even,” JJ said, shrugging. “The reality of a life with toddlers. Day-care viruses are ruthless.”

“University students are pretty good at spreading germs too,” Blake said. “I like dedication, but there have been times when I’ve had to stop students in the door because they’re too sick to take a test. Not only because they’ll interrupt everyone else – and get them sick – but also because they cannot possibly perform according to expectation. HuhpTSCHuh!”

“And then they grow up to be us,” JJ said in an uncharacteristically sarcastic tone. “Sick days are for the dying. You can always push yourself a little bit f-fuhhhuhIKTSSCHEW! Further.” She looked down at her cupped hands in dismay. Blake took one of the fresh tissues left in her dwindling supply and quietly handed it over.

“Thank you,” JJ said.

“It’s the least I can do,” Blake replied and sank deeper into the seat. “Can we run the engine for a while, get some heat going? I’m freezing to death.”

JJ turned the key right away, as if she had been waiting for this request.

“I thought you’d never ask.”

Prompt: Minimum wage
Fandom: Original
Note: Medication is ridiculously expensive, it struck me the past two months when I’ve gobbled down cough syrup and stuff. On one side people not taking allergy meds is hot… on the other hand, not being able to afford meds sucks. So, I’m conflicted. But still.  

Spring was, by far, the most expensive season of the year. Not because of any fancy vacations or travels, no. Nothing that memorable and joyful. No, the one thing that ate through Chandra’s budget each time nature flourished, was the cost of allergy medication.

Antihistamines, eye drops, nose spray, more antihistamines… it seemed it never ended, and her allergies just refused to respond to the cheaper brands, either. Fancy brand names, that was what could possibly force her potent pollen allergies into temporary submission.

Unfortunately, that kind of expensive tastes – involuntary as they were – didn’t pair well with the minimum wage she made as a waitress. And if she cut the medication, she turned into a drippy, sneezy, tickly mess, not quite the type most customers wanted around their food, so tips plummeted as well, at the exact time she could use them.

It did get better for her in summer, more hours, more generous customers, and her allergies quieted down into dormancy, at least until next spring… but while it lasted, it thoroughly sucked.

• 3 weeks later...

The CM one was really pretty cute and I liked the title pun. :pumpkin: 

Yes!! Medication is really too damn expensive. :( 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm back with a few more, short ones. 

Prompt: Sleep
Fandom: Stranger Things (2)
Note: Spoiler-free. :P Never been a Winona Ryder-fan before, but I love Joyce. ^^

Hopper frowned as he looked at Joyce. Her complexion was ashen, except for her nose, which had a bright, rosy shade of pink.

“When was the last time that you slept, Joyce?” he asked.

“I can’t sleep until we figure this out,” she said, gesturing to Will’s drawings.

“You should. I think you’re coming down with something.”

“No I’m n-not…” her breath hitched several times, then she cupped both hands in front of her face and sneezed wetly into them. Her hands stayed in place, as she fought a second sneeze in vain. “Hehhh… huh-ESSCHuhh!”  

“Get some sleep, you’re sick.”

Prompt: Hate
Fandom: American Horror Story: Coven
Note: Just because it seemed like a Fiona thing to say - and do. 

“Sometimes I really hate you, Fiona,” Delia said.

“Hate is a waste of time and energy that could be used for more important things,” Fiona simply said. “Do something about the things that bother you instead.”

“Is this how it’s always going to be?”

“Unless you change it.” Fiona sniffled, bringing a hand up to her twitching nose. “I told you to get rid of those flowers. I hate them.”

Delia smiled.

“Do something about it then.”

Fiona snapped her fingers, magically incinerating the plants, but was too late; she doubled over with a series of harsh, desperately allergic sneezes.

Prompt: Threat
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Note: Anyone thought I wouldn't do one of these too? Of course I would. It's what I live for. ^_^ 

”I swear to God Blake, if you decide to have an allergy attack right now I’m going to strangle you,” Morgan threatened. The smell of hay and horses hung heavy in the air, and he knew that was a recipe for disaster when the other agent was involved.

“It’s hardly a voluntary decision on my part,” Blake snapped and sneezed tightly down her own chest. “AakTSH! TsSH! NntSCH!

“Well, at least try not to sneeze all over me, please,” Morgan sighed as he leaned in to cut off the ropes holding her firmly tied up.

“AaaISSSHHHew!”

“Exactly not like that.”

Edited by Chanel_no5
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh hello... this is me forcing myself to write something and get past the writer's block that has absolutely plagued me for months. This tiny drabble has been in progress since the beginning of January. Seems promising, huh? :rolleyes: Anyway. At least there's something happening now, finally.

Prompt: Warmth
Fandom: Criminal Minds but can be read as original. Pairing Blake/Prentiss.
Note: Yes, I know they only met very briefly in the show. But they seemed to hit it off fairly well, so why not give the pairing a shot? :P 

“Alex,” a voice says, as someone gently shakes her awake. “Time to wake up.”

“Oh,” she groans and rolls over. “What time is it?”

“Almost noon,” Emily says, smirking. “You weren’t joking, you really like to sleep in.”

“I’m sick,” Alex says, sounding irritable, as the other woman sits down on the side of the bed and places a hand on her forehead.

“Yeah, you are,” Emily agrees softly, “that’s why I didn’t wake you earlier. How are you feeling today?”

Alex begins to answer, but her breath starts to hitch wildly before she can get an entire word, much less a full sentence, out. She gets both hands up to her face to catch the spray from a violent, messy sneeze.

“Ugh…” she moans. “That pretty much describes it.”

Emily huffs, grabs a couple of tissues from the box on the nightstand and hands them over.

“I’m not surprised. You’ve been alternating between coughing and snoring all night, I knew you’d sound awful today.”

“I don’t snore,” Alex protests and blows her nose forcefully.

“Are you kidding me? As congested as you are? Yes, you do,” Emily laughs. “You snore like a bear.” She ruffles the other woman’s hair affectionately. “A cute bear.”

She leans in to kiss her, and Alex makes a feeble attempt at pushing her away.

“Emily, you really don’t want this cold,” she says thickly, but Emily smiles and playfully pinches her lover’s fever-hot nose.

“But I want you. With or without that cold.”

Alex smiles back, even though she’s still both annoyed and embarrassed about having caught this oh so sneeze-provoking virus, and pulls her closer. She’s freezing, and the other woman’s body is wonderfully warm against hers.

“Suit yourself then, silly. But don’t come and say I didn’t warn y-youISSCHuuh!”

Emily puts her arms around her and Alex, shivering, snuggles closer into her warmth, miserable but enjoying the company and the comfort that her lover provides.

“Bless you,” Emily mumbles. “Are you cold?”

“Not anymore,” Alex replies.

I'm glad you're successfully fighting that writer's block! And you've done pretty well, this was such a sweet scene between the two :wub:  Thanks for sharing! And let me shoo away that writer's block :whip:;)

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 3:22 PM, crazygirl22 said:

OMG my two favorite two  characters together!! Ahhh I'm dying! It's so amazing! I love it!!!:razz::notworthy::thumbs_up::D

Hahaha, I'm glad! Thank you! :D 

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 11:55 PM, Selene said:

I'm glad you're successfully fighting that writer's block! And you've done pretty well, this was such a sweet scene between the two :wub:  Thanks for sharing! And let me shoo away that writer's block :whip:;)

Thank you! Keep waving that whip, I actually think it's working...! :yay::lol: 

Prompt: Outcome
Fandom: Criminal Minds, same pairing (Blake/Prentiss)
Note: This once, I gave Blake a break and let her be the observer rather than the sufferer. This once. :lol: 

“HaaISSCHhoo! AakTSCHhuuh!”

”Bless you.”

”Thanks. Arrgh, God damnit, this cold is killing me!”

“I still think that’s allergies,” Alex said.

“Don’t have any,” Emily replied.

“You are aware that allergies can develop at any point in life, right? Pollen allergies in particular have increased the past decades. It seems to be at least in part linked to elevated global temperatures, and…”

“You know I love you, but please, please, don’t go all Reid on me,” Emily groaned, making Alex laugh out loud.

“Sorry.” She gestured to Emily’s watery, red-rimmed eyes and itchy, runny nose. “But that’s exactly what I end up like if I don’t take my antihistamines, and it usually starts around this time of year.”

“Colds aren’t exactly uncommon in March either,” Emily said and blew her nose.

“Well, there’s a pretty easy way to find out,” Alex said and tossed a chart of allergy meds across the table. “Try taking one of these and see if it gets any better.”

“I don’t have allergies,” Emily insisted.

“Afraid you might have to admit you’re wrong for once?” Alex teased with a smile that Emily simultaneously found infuriating and lovely.

“Fine, I’m taking the pill, but I'm telling you, it’s not going to make any difference.”

“We’ll see the outcome in an hour or less, no use arguing until then,” Alex said calmly, watching as Emily’s reddened nostrils twitched. “Bless you in advance.”

HeeAASSCHoo! Ugh, thank you.”

9 hours ago, sterek_teenwolf said:

Absolutely love all your CM drabbles!! Is there any chance you could one where Reid has hayfever?? :wub:

Thank you! :) I think I have something with Reid in my other drabble thread. :) I meant to keep this one all female, as that's what I like myself.